The Past Weekend

So this past weekend was by far the craziest, most rewarding, hardest and emotional weekend of my life. I don’t know how to even combine all the feelings and thoughts together. It was insane and fun and great and horrible all at the same time.  I have the over 400 emails in my inbox to prove it and slowly am weeding through them and responding. Being my first “Long Beach” it was pretty much insane. We had made a few small but very important changes to our area which had some unforeseen problems associated with it, but it’s pretty easy to fix and we obviously know it was problematic.

It blows my mind when people are like, “Did you know that was a problem?!” I’m like yes, that’s why I was sitting on the side of the road crying. We are crazy, not sleeping people and there is no rest for the weary. It’s our crazy time at work and I want to talk about everything that happened this weekend and I will do so over the next few days, starting off when I stopped sleeping which was Thursday. Thursday was our last day in the office. We got everything we needed and headed down to the expo to check on progress and set up our stuff around 12 and finished up in the office around 8. Got home and went to bed for the last time until Sunday night.

I’ll leave you with my portapottie stress “ball”……

More to come tomorrow, along with the winner of the Baby Clothes giveaway!

11 Responses to The Past Weekend

1. Audrey says:

*hugs* Danica!!! Anxious to hear what you went through to put on this major event…

P.S. LOVE that stressball! Hilarious!

2. Tara says:

I had a great time and I know that every race has it’s “issues,” but overall it was well organized and a great event! ♥♥♥ I want that stressball! haha

3. jenny says:

Hope it all gets better : )

4. Daria says:

It was my first Long Beach marathon. I think it went great. My kids did the fun run on Saturday and my brother was a volunteer, so for us, it was a family affair and we had a great time. I’ve been following your blog so I went into the race thinking of the “human element” and actually goes into planning such a huge race. There are glitches in every race. I am a very satisfied runner that set a PR on the LB course and I thank you for all your hard work!

5. *hug*

That is all. :o)

6. Rachel says:

i thought the race went great and i had an awesome time! i can’t even imagine how much work it all was so kudos to you for a successful and fun event!

I love you D!!! If there is anything I can say to help even out the negative let me know. The race was nothing but a positive for me!!!

8. Andrea says:

I MUST have one of those stress balls.

9. Kate says:

I don’t know if it will help at all, but this was my first marathon and with all the problems on course (mine, nothing to do with you guys) it was flat out magical. I couldn’t have asked for a better race.

10. Glenn Jones says:

Danica – please pass my sincere thanks to you and the rest of Run Racing for making Sunday so spectacular. Whenever you get 25,000 people in the same place, some things are bound to happen. You all did a great job of keeping things running! Thanks!