Race Week Preps

So the week of the race basically it’s my time to mentally pace around and freak out about little small things I can’t change. Like that I feel 99 times more out of shape than I should. That I should stop eating so many cookies, cake and drinking SO much coffee. That I spread myself too thin.

It’s game time but my mind gets so frantic with things that I have to do for the race that sometimes I have to take a deep breath and remember, it’s just a race and it’s suppose to be FUN!

With that being said, here’s a crazy list of things I do during race week.

Listen to superĀ  upbeat music every time I’m in the car.

Eat. A LOT.

Drink coffee in excess.

Freak out that I actually am running 26.2 miles.

Completely throw my room upside down searching for some random things.

I know I’ll be okay. I’ve checked the weather every morning. every afternoon and every night. Right now we are looking at 72 degrees, which compared to 113 last weekend, is quite a relief. I’m still positive about the race. I mean, knock on wood, what can go wrong?

It just reaches a point where I just want to get it over with already! I’m going on a little 3-5 miler tonight and we’ll see how that goes. Hopefully my legs don’t feel too tired. I’m ready. Tomorrow it’s goal time. I can’t believe I’m already writing up goals and I’m running 26.2 miles on Sunday. Sheesh.

12 Responses to Race Week Preps

1. Madison says:

I do the same thing, especially that part about turning my room upside down looking for race day crap that I might need. Try to relax and think of all the good post race feelings. Good luck out there this weekend. Here’s to hoping for awesome running weather!

2. aron says:

you are going to do GREAT girl, so excited for you :)

3. Amanda says:

Wow – can’t believe it’s time for your race already! GOOD LUCK!! I’m sure you’ll kick butt! :-)

4. RoadBunner says:

Sorry I have been MIA from commenting. But you are going to do FANTASTIC!!! Just relax!!

5. Morgan says:

A healthy dose of fear just proves you respect the distance. Good girl. :)

6. Throwing your room upside down is a good way to give yourself a distraction (putting it all back in place)–smart move!

Seriously, though, it’s going to be a great race for you. Just have fun (as if 26.2 miles could be fun) and be proud of the megawork you’ve done to get there.

Oh, and of course–rock the monkeybuns!!

7. Danielle says:

Danica! I’ve got a really tough 1/2 on Saturday (read: HILLS), and I really wanna add some new good stuff to my playlist. Can you share your race-day playlist??

your gonna rock it out there! deep breaths! <3

9. Page says:

L-E-T-S G-O, LET’S GO, LET’S GO, L-E-T-S G-O, LET’S GO!

Ok, that cheer sounds better in my head but you are going to be amazing!!! Goooo Danica!

10. Glenn Jones says:

Good luck and have fun!

11. crystal says:

GOOD LUCk this weekend! run for the kittens haha

12. Spike says:

I know that feeling alright. Just relax, a few days more and you will be a sea of calm and ready to have a great race!!!