Oh my how I LOVE THE SOUTH!

So this past weekend I got the chance to travel to a place that I’ve never been before! I got to visit North Carolina, the Queen City of the South! I have never been anywhere even near this wonderous place! I had the brilliant idea of taking the red eye over there Wednesday night…which is awesome in theory, when your not flying through thunderstorms and bouncing around and scared of flying. Made for an awesome night of no sleeping. Even with my awesome pillow that I got just for the flight and two sleeping pills there was no shut eye to be had. FAIL. I also apologize in advance for all the horrible pictures, since my camera broke I only have my iPhone. :)

Once I landed it was like stepping into a fairytale. Seriously. I have never been anywhere where there is so much open land every where! It was so nice. I checked into the hotel with this awesome view

and settled in for a nice little nap, after waking up and enjoying the pool for a bit, it was time for a glorious massage! By far one of the best massages I’ve ever had. Then it was time to head over to the bride to be’s house and I got to hang out with her family for a while. It was simply amazing there! The houses are just beautiful. We don’t have anything like that in CA where I live. I realized I really liked the houses because a lot of them are made with brick and we can’t build things like that here because of earthquakes. Who knew?!

The next day it was a great day seeing some of the sites that Charlotte has including a wonderful mall, some great little shops and literally just driving around and seeing more awesome neighborhoods. I also had my first taste of GRITS! They are delicious!!

There was also some more time spent at the pool and enjoyed the scenery on the balcony.

(yes I’m wearing a jumper ha ha ha) and that evening I had some delicious food in Charlotte at Ilios Noche. Totally recommend it!

TheĀ  next day was the wedding and I was so excited to see the lovely Nina get married to her true love! I couldn’t believe the day was finally here!

She was gorgeous and everything was absolutely perfect that whole day, the weather was so wonderful and it was so fun to see her and her family so excited and full of love. It was the cherry on top of my trip to the South! The wedding was just amazing and the party didn’t stop till the wee hours of the morning. It was awesome. Congrats to the lovely Mr and Mrs and thank you again to everyone who was SO kind of me while I was there! I had no idea that I would want to jump ship and move South!

Then the last day of my trip I got to hang out with a few friends as well, the lovely Meghan and Crystal!

The weather while I was there was amazing! The first two days it was fairly hot and humid but it was almost a nice change from our very mild weather that we’ve had here all summer in California. It was nice to feel the sun and the heat!

Such a great day for a mexican food party! MMMM it was some of the best food ever. Man, and Southern Hospitality? LOVE IT! Everyone is so nice!

While I was there, I met little Ozzie, my friend Andi’s Dog!!! Oh my gosh it was true love, what a little human he is! :)

Overall the trip was a blast and I love the South! Thank you again everyone who was so hospitable and for all the great ideas of things to do while I was there! Love North Carolina!

28 Responses to Oh my how I LOVE THE SOUTH!

1. Michelle says:

Aw, glad you liked the Queen City! Living here is quite fantastic, glad you enjoyed your visit!

2. Kelly says:

Love it! Glad you had an awesome trip!

3. Leigh says:

I’ve never been to North or South Carolina before and would love to go!

Glad you had a great trip :)

4. Heather says:

so glad you love the south. I couldnt imagine living anywhere else (I am in Mississippi) We are very tired of the heat and humidity though lol! but the southern hospitality is real and I love it!

5. Shannon says:

So glad you enjoyed your trip South! I was surprised you’d never seen such wide open spaces and that brick houses aren’t the norm (never thought of the whole earthquake thing!). I can’t wait to hear what you think of Arkansas when you come run the marathon in the Spring!

6. Ally says:

How fun! I’ve never been in North Carolina but, I love the South! Sounds like a fabulous weekend. Also, love that dress you wore to the wedding–so pretty!

7. Yay!!! So glad you had a great time! The South loves you too! =)

8. David says:

welllll yeah! the south is where it’s at!

9. Jaime says:

So glad you enjoyed your trip to North Carolina! One day you’ll have to plan to run a race here. :)

10. heidi says:

you have the most amazing hair ever! i’m pretty sure you just pulled your hair into a messy bun, but i LOVE it in the second picture and am totally jealous! :) glad you had a wonderful trip.

11. Melanie says:

I’m so glad you had a good southern experience! I’ve traveled a LOT, and I’m always glad to come home to TN even though I’ve visited some awesome places. There’s just something about being southern that rocks!

12. You’re the second blogger today that’s totally gushed about Charlotte! I’m totally going to have to take a visit there sometime.

PS: The dress you wore to the wedding is mega cute!!!

13. Felice says:

How fun! Even though I am a tried and true northeasterner, I have a huge soft spot in my heart for the south.

14. Spike says:

What, a wedding recap that doesn’t mention dancing…dancing?

Glad you had an excellent time down South.

15. Jessica says:

Did you go to the mall in Concord?? That mall has a Sephora and Anthropologie.

16. Sarah says:

So glad you loved Charlotte. I used to live there and visit friends there quite often! You went to Southpark Mall, right?

17. Jenn says:

Aww, I’m so glad you loved Charlotte! Isn’t it a beautiful city? I went to college just 90 mi south, at USC, in Columbia, SC. I have many friends who have since relocated to Charlotte, so I visit often!

I’m guessing you went to the cute Southpark Mall, and I hope you got a chance to check out the nice “uptown” area.

Next time you head out east, you need to visit Charleston! You’ll fall in love. :)

18. nicole says:

now come visit ME!!!!!! i miss you my d!!

19. Christel says:

Love your dress! :)

20. crystal says:

I think this mayebe my FAVORITE post yet! I can’t believe the wedding has already come and gone :( can nina get married every year? and you come back and party with us? :)

21. Lori says:

I’m so glad my city made such a wonderful impression :) I’ve always loved it but I’m well aware how biased I am!

22. Missy says:

OMG I saw that you were coming to NC, but I had no idea you were coming to Charlotte, I live in Charlotte! I would have loved to meet up, oh man poo!
    Glad you had a nice trip and if you ever come back, please holla at a sister!

23. Jenn is right, you should go visit Charleston – you’ll be even more blown away. Add Savannah to the list as well. You can go on a haunted bar crawl there and if you don’t finish your drink at one of the bars, no worries, you can take a to go cup (you are allowed to drink freely in the streets!)

North Carolina is da bomb dot com. I love the Tar Heel state (I went to UNC.) I am glad that southerners treated you so well!

24. Brandi says:

The South is the place to be girl! Maybe I’m a little bias but I think it is absolutely the best! You can’t find a nicer group of people who make eye contact and smile while walking down the street! And let’s not forget total gentleman who open doors for ladies, pull out chairs, and say yes ma’am and yes sir. :)

Oh and I love the jumper! Really cute!!! Your dress was adorable too!

25. Bonnie says:

LOVE North Carolina. You should check out Asheville sometime! The two places in the US that I would move in a heartbeat are SoCal and NC!! You’ve experienced the best of both worlds now.

26. Love your dress! I’m on the hunt for a cute dress for an upcoming wedding. Where’d you get yours?

27. Adriana says:

PLEASE!!! I must know! Where did you get that fabulous dress??