New Kswissle Shoes!

I finally got the chance to go visit the K-Swiss Store in Santa Monica yesterday to get new shoes! (Check out the first time I was up at the store HERE) I’ve been wearing the Keahou since before the LA Marathon and they had a ton of miles on them. (Review HERE) Since I was up in LA, I invited my LA friend Billy to travel with me over there, and I wanted him to check out the awesomeness that is K-Swiss! I was actually really looking forward to trying out the Keahou II, an upgrade to the Keahou I was running it. Tomorrow they will be broken in on a 20 miler! I can’t wait to test them out and they just seemed to be even more comfortable than the Keahou. I also tried out and loved the K-ona! They are so soft and cushiony. I wore them on my morning walk with the dogs and they really are supportive and lightweight. That’s one thing that I love about K-Swiss, they are all SO lightweight.

The best part about the Keahou IIs? They come in pink! EEEE So excited. And they are the perfect amount of pink, not like someone threw up pink on my shoes, but nice accents.

All the pretty shoes! I’m wearing the new Keahou IIs in this picture too. I just think they look so nice. I seriously am in love with these shoes, and I don’t care what anyone says! Okay, that sounds weird but you get the picture.

So then after some awesome trying on shoes and talking running for a while. We snapped this last picture before we left.

Love both those guys! Can’t find better runners than either of them. :) Thank you again Bryan for having us at the store so we can see all the cool stuff, and I’m still jealous of your teal and orange shoes! :)

Then Billy, knowing that I’m a blossoming low-class foodie and my insane love for caprese, took me to a delicious Italian sandwich place, known as Bay Cities Deli! Instalove! I got the caprese sandwich and it was to die for!

The balsamic vinegar was amazing and it was the perfect amount of tomato, heaps of delicious mozzi and then just a little touch of basil that finished it off perfectly. I know, another food post right? Sheesh. I’m working on that FYI, so no more food posts from the Chic Runner!

Talk about a way to kick off the weekend. Well the day before the weekend. Awesome time up in LA And so glad I got to go up there and eat bomb food AND get new shoes to run off those calories in said bomb food.

This weekend we have an event on Sunday but I’ve got a 20 miler to kick off the weekend tomorrow morning. Luckily, it’s with my new la-la land lover, Maritza who is moving down here TODAY! I can’t wait to kick off her time down here with a long run together. Hooray for me having someone to run with!!!

14 Responses to New Kswissle Shoes!

1. Amanda says:

Those shoes are flippin’ adorable. I may need to get them.

2. rioruns says:

Those shoes are cute! Glad you found some that work for you and don’t give you bloody toes!
    Personally, I love food- so I enjoy your foodie posts- they give me ideas of where to stop by when traveling!

LOVE the new shoes!! I might have to try out these KSwiss shoes- will they make me as fast as you?? :)

4. Billy says:

Great seeing ya again. I for one can’t wait to run in my K-Swiss Blade Light Runs.

Let’s kick some butt this fall/winter!

5. Lauren says:

I love those shoes! I wish I could wear KSwiss to run. LeSigh, Mizunos are rarely cute.

6. Lesley says:

That sandwich looks delicious. I’m also gonna at least try on some KSwiss next time I get new shoes in about 100 miles. They’re super cute.

7. Aj says:

You’re not a “foodie” blogger until you’re posting pictures of every durn oat from your morning oatmeal every durn morning. HAHA!

KSwiss are CUTE…perhaps my next sneaker purchase. Can I get them at Target? JK!

8. So jealous of everything. So jealous…that is all :)

9. Tara says:

cute shoes. amazing sandwich. jealous of you and M, but happy you’re there to be her new running buddy ♥♥♥

10. Hollla! I’m a fellow pink shoe chica! Love the girly kicks!

I say keep up the periodic food posts! I like to consider myself a low class foodie, as well, so I like food posts I can relate to and that don’t make me feel like a cow bc I didn’t eat a salad…and only a salad! :0)

11. Love the shoes! I may have to check out some KSwiss if I ever decide to cheat on my Vomeros! Haha! I’m liking the random food posts too!

i need me some kswiss shoes! or i want to try them!!! i think we are feet twins!

13. Just found your blog :) My running shoes are pink as well hahaha

14. I wish I had running sneaks with some pink in it. Let us know how you like the KSwiss, I haven’t heard much about the brand in years!