Foodie Life

So I’ve never considered myself a foodie. I don’t even think I fall into that category now, but I love yelping different places and trying new things lately. I guess I’m living in the moment and that moment isn’t my normal food that I eat at home and doing nothing. When we were down in San Diego for the expo for work I was yelping a place to eat dinner when I found R Gang Eatery. It had good reviews and after seeing the menu it looked like something that my co-worker and I would both like. We left the expo and were pleasantly surprised to find no wait and a genuinely fun place to eat and had AWESOME food. We started off with the House made Cheddar-Chive Tater Tots with Ketchup & Chipotle Ranch Dip. Looking at the menu now, we never got the ketchup, but man we didn’t even need it. They were AMAZING. The Chipotle was delicious and these were just fantastic.

Then we both got the Smoked Gouda Mac n Cheese with Toasted Butter Cracker Crumb Topping. I could not even speak while eating this. It was THAT good. I was totally in heaven and it was just delicious. There were so many great things on the menu but I knew if I didn’t get the Mac and Cheese I would regret it and boy am I glad I did. It was simply awesome.

There were so many great options and looked like there were also some awesome drinks that we didn’t partake in because we wanted to save the rest of our tummys for dessert, in which we traveled to Babycakes, a gay cupcake bar. Another epic cupcake win! We got two drinks, the grasshopper and a coffee and then three cupcakes. Yea, a little over the top. We got a red velvet with the rational of ‘well you have to try every cupcake shops red velvet.’ Then we got the peanut butter and jelly, because it sounded like the most amazing thing ever and then the Lemon one. Starting with the peanut butter and jelly, I was shocked how it tasted just like my favorite sandwich! It was awesome. Then the red velvet was a great one and we ended on the lemon one. It was like the pickle that ended our meal. Simply amazing!

Demmmmolished!

So that was a highlight of the expo for sure! If you are ever in San Diego, I totally LOVE R Gang Eatery and recommend you eat there! Babycakes is also a sweet treat! Alright, no more foodie posts from me for a while!

12 Responses to Foodie Life

1. Page says:

No more foodie posts?!? What?!? I love them!

And p.s. you’re making me proud with all of your food pics ;)

2. Tara says:

it’s not even 9:30 and I want lunch already! drooooooool

3. skinnyrunner says:

i am so jealous of all your cupcake finds. i def want to hit up that place in san fran.

4. mmm, it all looks so good!

mmmmm! this is amazing!!! i’m so jealous of that mac n cheese. it looks like heaven!

6. abbi says:

Yum! All of that looks delicious. I love finding and trying new places.

7. Bob says:

When we were in town for RnR SD in June we also had Babycakes but we ate at The Tractor oom which is a block north of Babycakes. Food was fantastic and large portions…enough for 2 people to share.

8. Emily says:

YUM! My in-laws live in San Diego, and I’m going to add these spots to my go-to list next time I’m in town.

9. Kim says:

I LOVE food! Nice to see someone else enjoying their food too. Next you will have to travel internationally, you will get all sorts of different foods!

10. Heather says:

OMG those desserts look fabulous! yummy!

11. I just had the PB&J from babycakes in June! We picked them up “to go” and I sat in the backseat on the drive back “just tasting” until it was totally gone. Wasn’t that flavor bomb?!? I also tried the carrot, equally yummy!

I’m hoping to try the SF cupcake shop you wrote about (American Cupcake) later this month! It looked epic!

12. OMG, did you say Cheddar-Chive Tater Tots?