Wild ANIMAL PARK!

Yesterday I got a day off work and got to take a trip to the Wild Animal Park! I haven’t been there in forever, like since I 5 or 6! It was even more awesome than I remember and I really liked seeing the animals in their ‘natural’ habitat.

Baby Elephants! The cutest thing ever. You can take a ‘tram ride’ through the ‘Africa’ area and see all the animals living together (without predators) and it’s awesome to see them all just hanging out and relaxing in their home. The Wild Animal Park is also a place where they work really hard to breed animals to help release them back into the wild. It’s a great place to visit.

There are also regular exhibits that you can walk by too. Luckily enough it was nap time at the Lion Camp and they were sleeping RIGHT NEXT to the glass! Those are some big cats!

Lastly, I checked out the Lorikeet Landing! I am scared of birds but I really wanted to feed them. You get a little cup of nectar for $3.00 and after you enter their habitat, they land on you and are crazy about what you are about to feed them! They are trained to look for those cups, I swear! So I finally did it!

Then I had three on me… and freaked out! I was scared they were going to start pecking me for more nectar! They were flocking to me and it was hilarious and funny but they left me alone once the nectar was gone. Thankfully.

Overall it was a great day off and I’m glad I got to go. It was a nice break. Today I’m working the Kid’s Fishing Rodeo for work and then this weekend I have an 18-20 miler on my plate. Getting ready for Camarillo and after last weekend and feeling alright I’m excited to see how this longer run goes.

12 Responses to Wild ANIMAL PARK!

1. Looks like quite a bit of fun! Good luck on your long run. I have a 18 miler planned for Sunday.

2. Betsy says:

I had a lorikeet bite my finger in its enthusiasm for that little cup. My son was horrified by it and refuses to feed the birds!

3. Brittney says:

How fun! I would have been way too chicken to feed the birds!

4. I have always wanted to visit or take the kids there. It looks awesome. :) Good luck on the run!

5. Astro says:

Awesome. Glad you fought your bird fear and made it in. You are so brave. :)

6. Glad you were able to get there okay… going to reconsider saying no when my friends from SD invite me to go.

P.S. I did a review of Eminem’s album… just thought I’d let you know because I can’t find too many of his enthusiasts who are also runners!

7. rioruns says:

Sounds like a terrific day! I haven’t been there in ages. Good luck on your long run and have a great weekend!

8. Aj says:

HAHA! i’m terrified of birds! i was attacked by a pigeon when i was little. my biggest fear is running through a flock of them and one of them touching me when it flies away!

9. Rinus says:

Nice wild animal park and you have fun to see the animals!.
    You run good and for the long trainings run do not run to fast!, slow makes fast.
    Rinus.

sounds like SO fun!!!! :) what a great date! :)

11. I love the wild animal park! I haven’t been there since High School though! I need to take J — I’m not sure if he’s ever been.