MLB Futures Baseball Game and Celeb All Star Game

So on Sunday my lovely friend Shea told me she was going to the Celebrity All Star Game, and Futures baseball game. I was so jealous so imagine my excitement when she had extra tickets and asked if I could come! I was SO excited. I LOVE baseball. I’m one of the people who can even watch it on TV. I love my Angels too and knowing that the All-Star game is at Angel Stadium was just so exciting. I knew a few people who ran the 5k that morning and even though I wanted to it just wasn’t in my training plan and I didn’t want to mess around too much with that. So we quickly got ready, left and went to the little fan fest they had in the parking lot where I got this awesome shirt. It’s not every yea that the All-Star game is at your favorite teams’ stadium so I had to get a little something.

Then we got to our seats and everything we got was so cool and there was a lot of energy in the stadium. They really went all out for the game and it was all sponsored by TACO BELL, the love of my life. We got little ticket holder lanyards and they were well made and the Taco Bell marketing on them so was fun and really smart. Being in marketing I truly appreciate all the little weird random stuff. We got to our seats and it was perfect since we were in the shade and just enjoyed the game!

The futures game was really fun to watch. Crazy how when it matters, those boys hustle much more. It was a good game and it was the USA vs. the WORLD! Isn’t that how it is in real life too? Just kidding. But it was a blast and USA won! There were some awesome plays throughout the game though. Then it was time for the Celeb All-Star game where some highlights were James Denton, Marissa Miller (OMG I DIED! she is sooo pretty) Rollie Fingers, Jennie Finch (who used to be my pitching coach when I played softball and is oh so pretty too!) Bo Jackson, Michael Clark Duncan and a ton of others including Angel legend, TIM SALMON! It was so awesome to see so many cool players out there playing for both divisions.

Earlier in the day we noticed that the opposite side of the field section we were sitting in won TACO BELL HATS. They were awesome hats and we wanted them very badly. We considered paying 20 dollars for them. Then during the Celeb game some Angel girls showed up behind us with big boxes. Big boxes full of TACO BELL HATS! Our section was going to win them! We waited an inning and begged the girls to tell us if it was our section that was going to win them. They must have informed the video camera people that we were freaks because when they announced we won, we were on the Jumbotron and live tv screaming and jumpingĀ  up and down and freaking out over the most awesome giveaway EVER!I was totally that girl who was on the Jumbotron and then realized we were on it and pointed at it too.

We were so excited for the rest of the game. It was an awesome way to end the weekend, that’s for sure, especially for us who love Taco Bell. There was a short fireworks show after the little Celebrity Home run derby which Tim Salmon crushed and everyone was going crazy for him. Then after the game we thought it was only fitting to go to Taco Bell for dinner. Wearing our hats.

It was one of the most fun day activities I’ve done in SO long and I’m so excited to watch the All-Star game tonight! We laughed so hard and the taco hats definitely were the best way to top off the day! Thanks so much for Shea for inviting me and what a great event! I will remember it for a long, long time.

17 Responses to MLB Futures Baseball Game and Celeb All Star Game

1. Naomi says:

the mere mention of the name “tim salmon” still hurts me, but as a fellow baseball fan, i so love and respect your passion for your team (even though they broke my heart). i went to the futures and celeb game when the asg was in sf…if you can’t get to the actual game, this was the next best asg even to go to. glad you had fun!

2. Shelley B says:

You are so much fun!!! Love that you went to Taco Bell wearing the hats!

3. The Taco Bell hats have a strangely Napoleonic look to them… http://www.militaryheritage.com/images/hat003.jpg

4. Kelly says:

How freakin awesome are those hats? Oh wait, you know they are awesome. Sounds like an awesome day!

5. Tara says:

that hat makes me want to bite right into a taco! haha looks like a blast!

I LOVE your hats!! It looks like you guys had SO much fun!!! :) i love the pics too! you girls are too silly!

7. RoadBunner says:

Those hats are amazing! So glad you won one!

8. Kristin says:

Um, I’m so jealous!! I’m going to show Stephen this post, he’s going to be insanely jealous! Taco Bell hats are awesome. Glad you got to go, had a good time, got cool freakin hats, and made it to the jumbotron – Rock it sister.

9. rioruns says:

Not anyone can pull of those hats- but you ladies did it very well! How fun!

10. megan says:

I LOVE baseball just the same. Most people say they like going to games, but can’t watch it on TV but I love watching it on TV (watching All Star game now!). Anyhoo so jealous! And you got to see Joe Manganiello’s butt so I’m jealous of that too! Ha!

11. Layla says:

Oh man, I am laughing so hard at that last picture! Those hats are so incredibly awesome! My old Chevy’s sombrero is so un-cool in comparison.

12. abbi says:

Those hats are great! Love the last picture!

13. David says:

so awesome you got to go!

14. Mararthon Mitch says:

I love that Taco Bell hat, I also got one when I went to the FanFest at the Anaheim Convention Center. all I had to do was run to the base and I got my free hat!! maybe we should wear that in our race one day. lol

15. Felice says:

So fun! I caught a little of the game on tv. Love your pics.

16. Janeen says:

Yes, yes, I was uber jealous of you winning the hats, when I was at the same game! Gah :) But delighted when I saw you on the ‘tron :) Haha good times! Funny, how everyone commente on you winning the TB hats, and it seems no one noticed the most famous Softball legend was your pitching coach!

17. Drew Johnston says:

Hey, I work as a Graphic Designer at the company who makes these, it was cool to spot you wearing them, would you mind if I used the photos on our products in action? That’d be great, thanks!

Drew