Goals for SF 1/2

This weekend I’ll be up in San Francisco for the Marathon Events up there. Since they are a part of the CA Dreamin’ series that Long Beach is a part of as well, we are going to the expo and involved in a lot of parts of the race. Perhaps you remember my post about visiting up there not to long ago.

I LOVE San Fran. I love the city, I love Walnut Creek where most of my friends live and I love being up there. It’s always so much fun to catch up with everyone. We’ll be having a tweet-up/meet-up on Saturday at 2 pm at the RUN Racing booth, which is right outside the Merchandise area. When you are exiting the merchandise area, we’ll be right on the right hand side! If you are in town, do stop by! I love meeting everyone and we will have snacks at the booth. Even if you can’t make that time, stop by, since I’ll be there ALL day on Friday and Saturday!

Sunday is race day and I’m excited to run the 2nd half this time. Last year I ran the first half with Aron and Billy and loved it! It was the race where I decided I wanted to be a maniac because of Billy’s jersey. This weekend is just a training run  for all my crazy fall and spring races next year and next weekend I have to get back up those miles and quick. This weekend I hope to come in right around 1:50-2:00 pending how I’m feeling. Thankfully my K-Swiss have helped me heal and I’m back with no weird shin pain.

If everything goes according to plan I should be able to hit that time no problem so I’m looking forward to running another race. I realized I haven’t ran a race longer than a 10k since the LA Marathon back in March! I don’t know if I could call me running the LA Marathon even “running” I mean, c’mon look at this picture…

I can’t believe it’s been that long, and I’m getting antsy. I don’t know exactly what my race day outfit will be, but I am thinking something fun and bright! I have really been having awesome runs this week so I’m ready to try to tackle some hills this weekend!

Soon I’ll have another new medal to add to my collection!

21 Responses to Goals for SF 1/2

1. Yay! I’m so excited for this weekend! (Well, actually equally nervous as excited) it’s going to be my first full marathon! I will definitly come by the booth Sat, I’m so excited to finally meet you! And I know you will kill the second half of the race, your splits on your last rum were amazing!

2. Lisa says:

Good luck this weekend! I love a good half in the middle of marathon training. Doing with your friends is a bonus!

Have a great time this weekend!

3. Jocelyn says:

Kick but this weekend and have fun! :)

4. Heather says:

oh good luck! Got to love running in SF the weather should be great!

Oh and I posted about you over on my blog. Check it out!

5. Audrey says:

Yay, good luck! I don’t think there are much hills in the 2nd half, at least from what I remember when I did it in 2007. doh! That was a long time ago.

Me and Julianne will be in the city on Sunday (morning wedding gig), maybe we can all meet up! :D

6. aron says:

CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU <3

7. Sarah says:

Good luck this weekend! I’m in crazy excited race form right now too – can’t wait for Santa Barabar Labor Day weekend!

I linked back to your “perfect run” post on All Things Jaime… thought your words would help break through her “funk” http://atouchofjaime.blogspot.com/2010/07/in-funk.html

8. Jessica says:

Good luck sister!! Looking forward to the race recap!

9. Rae says:

Good luck this weekend! I have a question for you…where do you get all your cute running shorts? What brand are they? I’d love a pair!

10. Amanda says:

Good Luck this weekend!!

11. Tara says:

can’t wait to see you!!!! WC what what! haha ♥♥♥

12. Ooh, I love SF and SFM too! It’s a shame I live too far away to come hang out and run with you ladies so I’ll have to stick to my own little local 13.1! Haha! I’ll think of you girls in SF when I’m running though. Have fun!

13. runner26 says:

have fun running in san fran!! it’s a great city (i’m sure you know) and i hear it’s a fabulous race!! good luck ;)

14. Rinus says:

goodluck and run whit fun!.
    Rinus.

15. Beth says:

Yep, Bay area is amazing! Hubby and I live in WC and do all our training on the Iron Horse and Canal trail, and Lafayette Reservoir cuz the hills! We are running the full marathon and will look for you Saturday at the expo. Have a great run, and i look forward to seeing what outfit you come up with!

16. Irene Pacheco says:

it was great meeting you today at the SF expo. And that foto booth was too cool! forgot to mention that i’m also from LB when I was talking with you today. hope we have time to stop by again tomorrow, I actually loved the expo except for all the craziness on the other side of the white curtain.

Good luck sunday dude!! have lots of fun and kick ass seabass!!!

18. joerunfordom says:

Danica – so great to hear you are having a blast up in San Fran (one of my all-time favorite cities – will absolutely have to race there at some point).

Sounds like you are ready to rock for Sunday – as your training has been going so well.

Go get ‘em D! Best from Steamy Austin, J

19. Marcia says:

Enjoy San Fran! I love it there, especially the cooler weather!

20. Beth says:

congrats on a great run! Looks like you finished around 1:52 ish?? Very solid run! The full marathon course kicked our booties, but we finished! Feeling the pain today, though, lol.