Are you Gas Powered?

Tomorrow will be the shoe review that I’ve been promising. I’ve also finally made a video of curling my hair with a straightener that so many people ask for. Now, I have to admit something to you. It’s rather embarrassing, but hey, it’s life.

So a while back, a friend and I were chatting about random things and, I seriously don’t know how this came up, but we started talking about tooting or farting or passing gas, whatever name you may have for it, while running. You know, letting one go. I told her, “Yea every now and then sometimes I just toot! It is surprising.”  She said, “You know what, Me too!” We were both laughing and I said, “If I have to really bad, I’ll just look around and make sure that no one is nearby when I’m running.” It’s bad but it happens.

Sometimes when I run, and I have to, ahem, toot, I think to myself that it’s like a little jet explosion propelling me forward! Like I’m playing Mario Kart on Wii and I just ran over something that made me speed up!

Then, she said the words that were music to my ears. ME TOO.

WHAT?! Another person who is propelled by toots every now and then? I know why we are best friends! How hilarious is that. Do you guys ever toot on the run and are taken back by surprise? Do you look around before you do it and see if anyone can hear you? Have you ever tooted at the gym? I think it’s just hilarious.

Are you jet propelled?

Be Sociable, Share!
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

• Reply Marathon Maritza

I’m gonna get a tattoo on my calf that says “Powered by farts” so that people can see it when I run. HAHAHAHAHA!

July 19, 2010 at 8:58 am
  • Reply Leigh

Haha great post! I thought I was the only one who had to toot while running…glad that others think it’s as funny as I do!

July 19, 2010 at 9:17 am
  • Reply christina cadden

You crack me up!

July 19, 2010 at 10:13 am
  • Reply Jen

So funny! I hike a lot with my mom (who has a tooting problem), and whenever it happens she says, “gosh, those ducks!” Even after hearing it 100+ times, I still think it’s funny :)

July 19, 2010 at 10:30 am
  • Reply Madison

Hahaha, can’t believe you went THERE! Hey it smells but it happens!

July 19, 2010 at 11:33 am
  • Reply Tim

3 things in life that will ALWAYS be funny to me:

1) Farts in public.
    2) Adam Sandler movies
    3) Monkeys in people clothes

July 19, 2010 at 11:35 am
  • Reply Dwayne

I assume you are asking the lady readers because ALL of us guys do it. Nothing is funnier than a girl “tooting” in the gym.

July 19, 2010 at 11:48 am
  • Reply Abby

Totally gas powered!!!

July 19, 2010 at 12:22 pm
  • Reply daddyrun

If possible, I keep them in until a pack of cyclists approaches. Don’t understand why some cyclists think they own the entire running path when there is a perfectly good bike lane 10 feet away. :)

July 19, 2010 at 1:27 pm
  • Reply Jessica

If I feel it coming on, I usually do the look around. But I just let loose most of the time!

July 19, 2010 at 2:53 pm
  • Reply Jamie

My favorite name for run-farting:

Crop dusting.

July 19, 2010 at 6:00 pm
  • Reply Bert

Do guys drop gas bombs on the run? Duh. And very necessary too. As they say, a farting horse never tires…

July 19, 2010 at 6:00 pm
  • Reply Nicole

BAHAHAHAHA! i have to admit every once in a while a toot slips… LOL…

July 19, 2010 at 6:04 pm
  • Reply Audrey

OMG, you just made me laugh so hard!

OK, I may have tooted on the rare occasion (making sure there was no one nearby first, of course) but I NEVER thought of it as a jet propulsion thing! Well, I TOTALLY am NOW!

SO hilarious… sorry for the “all caps” :P

July 20, 2010 at 12:29 am
  • Reply Emily

You are hysterical! And you’re obviously not alone!

July 20, 2010 at 6:21 am
  • Reply Jason

Of course… but the funniest are the unintentional kind. For example, I was stuck behind a wall of people, casually walking along the boardwalk. I tried to run to the right… blocked. To the left… blocked. Then, I finally saw an opening between a lady with a stroller and her companion, and made my move.
    Ran a little faster.

July 20, 2010 at 10:34 am
  • Reply Carolina Girl

There are lots of “barking spiders” on my trail! Darn those things!!!! =)

July 20, 2010 at 10:57 am
  • Reply Janeen

I think my worst moment was on the stairmaster at the gym… the stretching mats are right behind them, and I totally had to let one loose :( It was AWFUL! Thank goodness I’ve never had to let one go in the sauna! OMG that’d be the worst ever!

July 20, 2010 at 12:07 pm
  • Reply Brandi

HA hilarious! Yeah we also like to call it crop dusting when you toot around someone then either run off or away. My hubby also enjoys doing that at the store! He will come up laughing and say he totally just crop dusted. HA

July 20, 2010 at 1:03 pm
  • Reply Tara

I have heard some people let out some serious farts during races and it cracks me up everytime and it makes me run faster to get away from them! haha I seriosuly look around if I must let one rip while on the trail. I don’t want to be know as the “toot and run” girl! haha

July 20, 2010 at 3:26 pm
  • Reply Molly

In college, my one teammate referred to tooting on the run as her ‘rocket-boosters’! HAHAHA!!!! We all were convinced it made us faster. :)

July 20, 2010 at 5:20 pm
  • Reply Kate Tate

hahaah! i am so jet propelled! i love black beans and have them just about every day. end of story!

July 21, 2010 at 5:26 pm
  • Reply conference centres

Hi, There’s no doubt that your site may be having internet browser compatibility issues. Whenever I look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in I.E., it’s got some overlapping issues.

I just wanted to provide you with a quick heads up!
    Besides that, wonderful site!

December 18, 2012 at 10:54 pm
  • Reply Dixie

Hello, I think your website may be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I take a look at your site in Safari, it looks fine but
    when opening in IE, it’s got some overlapping issues. I just wanted to provide you with a quick heads up! Besides that, wonderful website!

February 5, 2013 at 5:33 am