American Cupcake

So this weekend I was up in San Francisco for work and for the half marathon! It was a great weekend and I got to meet up with my friends on Saturday after working all day at the expo. We hit up Little Star Pizza for dinner and I was famished so I basically ate a ton of pizza and caprese salad, which seems to be my new obsession. Little Star was awesome and it was great hanging out with everyone for a night.

Over dinner, Maritza was mentioning about a place that did cupcake and wine parings in the city.

WHAT. This place sounded way too good to be true, so I demanded we must travel there next. I could wait. I love cupcakes and this place sounded awesome. We got the best parking spot around and walked into American Cupcake and I was NOT disappointed! It’s mood there was awesome, they were playing some sweet jams and the cupcakes were all displayed perfectly. It was love at first site. They had macaroni and cheese and some other treats as well. To me that is the top of the line! So we sat down at the bar and order different stuff for each of us. I ended up with a Willy Wonka gone Wild. It had a coconut, red velvet and vanilla cupcake.

It was maybe the best idea ever! Everything was awesome and the frosting was the BEST part. Normally I’m not a big frosting girl because it overloads you with sugar and makes my tummy hurt, but yum yum, this frosting was light and freaking awesome! It was like marshmallow fluff! Awesome.

Everything was absolutely delish! The owner of the bakery was working on a ton of different cupcakes and when you ordered them at the store, they were frosted right in front of you. Made the frosting and overall cupcake 100x better! So I’m pretty much in love with this place.

Maritza and I, so happy to be together and eating cupcakes! Here’s a list of their pairings.

The owner is one smart cupcake to start this because it was basically brilliant. Like, beyond brilliant. Awesome concept, awesome delivery, and awesome, AWESOME product. Yummy win on many levels. If you are ever in San Fran and looking for the best place around, be sure to visit American Cupcake, you definitely won’t be disappointed!

Tomorrow, race recap!

35 Responses to American Cupcake

1. AMAZING! I must go here next time I am in SF!

2. Nina says:

I have been WAITING for this post! Oh be still. You know my thoughts on cupcakes and cretive ways of enjoying food. Oh and by the way, there is the most perfect cupcake spot in Ballantyne for your September visit! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

3. Christina says:

thanks for posting. hubby and i are going to sonoma and san fran for labor day weekend and im definitely adding this to our things to do.

4. Jocelyn says:

UM, wow. I want that! I want that now. Damn it!! I may have to fly out to San Fran just for that!!

5. Katie D says:

OH, DANICA! Your blog adventures make me want to move across the country to the west coast.

6. Heather says:

LOVE IT! I’m going to SF in a couple of weeks and I am totally going to check this place out!

7. Oh my gosh, that place looks amazing! Okay… who wants to start a cupcake bar with me?!

8. Nickie says:

Hi Danica,
    I am pretty new to running (about 9 months now…from couch to road). I recently did my 1st half and am not training for my 1st full marathon in Chicago (with 4 of my friends). Scared silly, but excited. I just wanted to tell you that I stumbled across your blog and love it. Thank you! I especially like the products (most recently the show review) you review. I am kinda a “gear whore”. Love it all, or at least trying it. Anyway, thank you so much for sharing your journey!
    Nickie

9. J says:

Oh that looks like a really awesome place to go! There is so much stuff to do in SF! I need to get myself on an airplane and visit!

SOOOOO jealous of this amazing place!! I must come here ASAP!!! :) miss you d!

11. Kate says:

OMG WHY DO I NOT LIVE IN CA??? That is seriously the best idea ever. I am UBER jealous!

12. hey, that cupcake place is right down the street from us! I’ve seen it in passing but have yet to go in. Looks like a good time!

13. Betsy says:

Wow, that sounds amazing!

14. You’re welcome. ♥

15. Bethany says:

running & cupcakes go so well together! yayyy. I want to try the “tunnel of love.”

16. Robyn says:

That’s genius!

17. Billy says:

Love Little Star Pizza. Go there just about every trip up north for their deep dish.

18. Jessica says:

That place sounds fantastic!! Totally looking that up if I ever go to San Fran!!

19. Looks like so much fun! I love cupcakes!

20. Tara says:

best.cupcakes.ever!

21. Lara says:

Wow! Now tell me, do they have anything that’s gluten-free? Because if so, I would definitely try it out!! Would be great if they had offerings for us folk with food allergies.

22. Kelly says:

Those look amazing!!! Luckily you’ll get more cupcakes in October :)

23. Susan says:

Wow! I love that idea…and cupcakes!

24. Sasha says:

Wowza. What a great idea…. I love it!

25. I was in SF when you tweeted the pic and I was dying to know where it was. Yum. I’ll definitely have to check it out next time I’m there!

26. I feel like I need to make a trip into the city JUST for this. I’m basically obsessed with cupcakes. OBSESSED.

27. abbi says:

The cupcakes look awesome!

28. Rebecca Jo says:

I’m totally laughing at the people in the background looking at you all… & their heads are all lit up too… haha!!!

29. Jacklyn says:

Wow! That place sounds amazing! I really want to go to SF. I’ll add this to do while I’m there :)

30. Brandi says:

Oh I wish we had something like this in AR!!! What a great idea!!

31. OMG- I want to go there before I move away from California!!! :)

32. I’ve been coveting those cupcakes since I first saw them on Maritza’s Facebook. Seriously delish!!!!

Wine and cupcakes? It’s really too good to be true! Now if only the cafe wasn’t so far from here . . . boo-urns!

33. Pingback: Holy Update « She's Going The Distance

34. crystal says:

oh my gosh looks amazing!!!!