Sound the Trumpets

We’ll I’m making a triumphant return. Triumphant might be overstating it a tad, but I do like that word so I’ve decided to use it. Special side note: I played the trumpet for four years in elementary and middle school maybe that’s why I like it! Since I’ve blogged last I’ve basically been working my butt off. I had an excellent time in San Diego for the Rock and Roll Marathon Expo. READ: I DID NOT RUN THE RACE AND WAS NEVER PLANNING ON IT. But, to those who wished me well on it, thank you. I worked the Long Beach Booth and we talked to quite a few people. I love those days even though they are long. Meeting people and hearing some great running stories is so much fun.

My friend Emil even took this awesome picture of me doing work! It’s not even staged :)

Then Sunday I was busy working my first event with work, an open water swimming event in Marine Stadium. Walking around in the sand was so draining but it was really fun and busy, busy, busy. I got super sunburned which was awesome.

I came home to my lovely room looking radical with my gray wall behind my bed.

I know, I know the picture frame still needs to be hung, but I’m liking how it looks thus far. I can’t wait to show off the full before and after. It’s seriously mind-blowing, and I love where I’ve moved! We finally got internet after not having it 10 days which was horrific. Everything is finally coming together and it’s getting more and more like home. Can I please also point out that having a washer dryer and dishwasher is maybe the most amazing thing in the world. There is so much more room and these guys make it so much more fun.

Two little doggies that get excited when I come home make my day every day!

As for running, I’m finally ready to start training again and I’m excited for the plan that is currently in development. My next race will be the Camarillo Marathon in October and I know that it’s a long time to train for me but I’m planning on focusing on different aspects of training every four weeks to keep things fresh. I should be finishing up the plan this week and I will be posting it next week hopefully.

Work this week has been crazy but I’ve come to realize that is what my work has become. I’m constantly working at about 120 mph and that’s just something I need to adjust with and go with. It’s going great though and right now I’m working on some medal designs, a web-site redesign, some new fliers, and all the events that go on during the summer that we manage. It’s crazy, but it’s awesome.

This morning I ran over to the gym. It’s so nice to be so close to it and I got in a great workout and am glad to be getting back on the workout train. I will be back to being on twitter and blogging probably about three days a week.

24 Responses to Sound the Trumpets

1. I think I am going to shoot to run that one next year (the half). I have always wanted to.

I am running the Rock N Roll Chicago in August!

2. Robyn says:

Your room looks awesome, like straight out of a catalog!And those doggies are precious.

3. Page says:

Welcome back! We’ve missed you!

And your room looks so cute! I saw that “Keep Calm and Carry On” pillow at Target and loved it. I’m afraid we might be the same people ;)

4. Shelley B says:

Awww, the doggies are so cute! Best thing about dogs is how happy they are when you come home…really makes you feel loved, right?

Your room is nice – I like that gray wall!

5. Kelly says:

What? you didn’t run the SD rock n roll? :) I miss you.

6. Jaime says:

Welcome back…and aren’t pets the best? My cat (and my mom’s dogs) are SO excited when I walk through the door…way more excited than even my husband!

7. Katie A. says:

Loving your room! Very cute! And those pooches are adorable – I might come and steel them :)
    Glad work is going well, that makes a huge difference in the rest of your life!

8. So the pillow is from Target? Love it!

9. aron says:

*DOOOOO DOOOOO* trumpets? lol i tried.

yay glad you are back, you were missed. sounds like a fantastic weekend… i cant wait to follow your camarillo training and i CANNOT wait for long beach!!!

10. Madison says:

I love the room decor and wall color. So relaxing! The pups are so adorable.

11. J says:

Your room looks great! Its nice to get everything set up after you move so you can relax!!

12. Mae says:

Welcome back!!! You must be tired with your busy schedule. I love the LA Marathon print in the frame. I hope it stays up during big earthquakes.

13. Zoƫ says:

Sounds like you’ve had your hands full! Loving your room with the cool grey wall! And coming home to pets is definitely fun. Keep up the great work, Miss Danica!

14. Adam says:

Good to meet you! glad your week long social media hiatus is over. So, you say that you have T-Rex arms…but in the pic I posted, it looks like our arms are the same size! FAIL!

I’m glad your back, I’ve missed ur blogging and comments!! Love you girl!!!

16. Nina says:

You got the pillow!!! WIN! xoxo

17. kassy says:

Glad you’re back deary! :) sweet doggies, babies!

Im not sure if you still get my tweets though (@runaholickassy) I was browsing through sf marathon, can i just say I REALLY LOVE YOUR JOB can I hop on the plane and work for the company you’re with? Hahaha!! :)

CONGRATULATIONS on all these running events and yes, soon you’ll be running another fantabolous milestone as a runner and as an entire person not only for your running career.

xxoo kas

runaholic.wordpress.com

18. I totally went AAAAWwwwww went I saw the cute dogs :)

19. Stuart says:

Good to see you back and looking for some balance. Camarillo…that’s my part of the world, maybe I’ll see you out here?

20. Welcome back! It’s so much fun to work a marathon and not run it. I passed out water at the Burlington marathon two weeks ago. I moved two months ago and am still waiting for internet!!! So frustrating.

21. Tara says:

I love your room, the art, and the pups!!! TOO cute! Can’t wait to follow your training for Camarillo :)

22. OMG your dogs are sooooooo cute (I may be biased because I also have a long haired brown mini weenie).

Love them!!

Glad you enjoyed working the SDRR :) And welcome back to the world of Internet!!

23. Jacklyn says:

Love the room! I wouldn’t think i’d like gray off the bat for a room but it’s fantastic! So classy and relaxing. So glad you like the new house and are getting excited about training again! Oh, and glad you’re back :)

24. Caroline says:

I love your room! Where did you get your bed? (I’m actually in the market for one right now.)