Social Media Influence

I have decided to take a break from social media and blogging for a week to see what I really am getting out of it. I will not be on twitter for the next week and will not be blogging for the next week either.

Right now I don’t have internet at my house either so that has really made me think about going online and working on my blog and tweeting and facebooking instead of going out into the yard, planting plants, taking the dogs for a walk, and reading. Most importantly, my running is suffering. When all you do is talk about running 26 hours a day, 9 days a week, it seems to be a lot of talking and not enough doing. It’s time to DO some more running.  I just am so exhausted all the time that I feel like I need to take a short break to recenter my running chi and get back out there. I think I almost got to the point where I felt like I had to run to write something on my blog, and when I wasn’t running it’s hard for me to keep writing about nonsensical things in my life.

As many of you know, social media isn’t only something I enjoy but has also become my job, which I think having both things going is just a lot. Managing two accounts, real life, working and running is a lot. I also think that I need to start my training off properly for Camarillo in October and remember that I’m running for myself. I need to get back out there and start working hard again, which I haven’t in a while. I run for myself, and I keep track of everything myself, which I truly enjoy. I also have met great people through my blog and I have great friends that run and I know that is important but I think I’m just in a little bit of a rut. I’m also working Friday, Saturday and Sunday this weekend and I know I’m going to be going non-stop.  I need to find my running happy place again and once I’ve found it I’ll check back in.

If you are at the San Diego Rock and Roll Expo please do stop by and say hello! :)

Be Sociable, Share!
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

• Reply Brandi

Aww will miss your posts girl but I completely understand! My posts have become fewer and fewer. It’s summer time, get outside and enjoy it!!!

June 2, 2010 at 7:53 am
  • Reply Kati

You are super busy, it is no wonder you need to take a little breather. Take some time for yourself and getting settled at your new place and hopefully we will see more blogs from you soon!

June 2, 2010 at 8:07 am
  • Reply Carolina Girl

Enjoy the break! I don’t blame you. I think I need one too. I took time off work this week, and what did I do? Twitter, facebook, blog, etc. What the heck??? LOL

June 2, 2010 at 8:09 am
  • Reply Jaime

I’m with you! Smart girl!

I’ll do my best to stop by on Saturday! I’ll be flying in from FL … so, it’d be fun to meet my favorite CA blogger!

June 2, 2010 at 8:10 am
  • Reply Robyn

Aww enjoy the time away. And I totally understand how you feel!

June 2, 2010 at 8:10 am
  • Reply kristen

good call. I actually have a hard time keeping up with just reading your blog and often wondered how you had time to post so much. Now go plant something :)!

June 2, 2010 at 8:13 am
  • Reply aron

good call girlie, enjoy your break :)

June 2, 2010 at 9:14 am
  • Reply Leigh

Enjoy your blogging break and hopefully it lets you come back with a new outlook and feeling refreshed!

June 2, 2010 at 9:22 am
  • Reply Madison

You do not owe anything to anyone. Have a relaxing break and go out there one day without your Garmin and just enjoy the wind in your face.

June 2, 2010 at 9:35 am
  • Reply Beth B.

You gotta do what feels right for YOU! Its your life and you have to look after it. Will u be at the Expo on Friday too? If so, I’ll see u there; i’m picking up my bib on Friday to avoid the Saturday rush!

June 2, 2010 at 9:48 am
  • Reply lindsay

Enjoy your break :)

June 2, 2010 at 10:13 am
  • Reply Sydney Hunter

I don’t blame you – ENJOY your break!!! I know exactly how you feel and I don’t even blog as often as you or for as long…so, do what you gotta do! :) I am running SD this Sunday so I will come looking for you!!!!!!! :)

June 2, 2010 at 10:40 am
  • Reply Laina

Don’t forget to post your running plan!!! I am running a half in October and I wanted to compare my training to what you are doing!!!! You have been such an inspiration to me and you have helped get me back out there on the roads!!! I quit facebook because all I did was sit on the computer with it!!! It made me crazy!!!

June 2, 2010 at 10:55 am
  • Reply Marathon Maritza

A nice break is a good thing every once in a while. Enjoy the time off and chillax! ♥

June 2, 2010 at 11:00 am
  • Reply JDaniel4's Mom

I hope you are enjoying your break. Stopping from SITS!

June 2, 2010 at 12:28 pm
  • Reply x-country2

Excellent call. I can’t imagine having my job be the same as my hobby.

June 2, 2010 at 12:31 pm
  • Reply Felice

It can really get overwhelming at times. I’ve been trying to back off a bit and it definitely makes a difference. Good luck!

June 2, 2010 at 12:55 pm
  • Reply Emily

We all need to unplug every once in awhile ( Enjoy it!

June 2, 2010 at 12:55 pm
  • Reply Nicole

get out there and enjoy yourself! i need my running chi back as well! <3

June 2, 2010 at 6:35 pm
  • Reply The Laminator

Take your time, D! We all need to take a step back once in a while to recharge our batteries!

June 2, 2010 at 9:41 pm
  • Reply Glenn Jones

I know the feeling. As someone who has built a career around computers, sometimes just need a few days off.

See you in SD!

June 3, 2010 at 6:34 am
  • Reply Jacklyn

I definitely know the feeling. When I was a publicist (last week, haha) I had a work social media persona and a personal one. It’s difficult. Rest up and have a great week!

June 3, 2010 at 3:41 pm
  • Reply Nichole

We’ll be thinking about you. Nowadays we’re so over stimulated. Totally understand. Wish you all the best. Have a good weekend.

June 4, 2010 at 5:40 am
  • Reply Astro

I hope you come back to me (errr blogging). :) I do enjoy your wit and writing. But it can be a little overwhelming with everything else going on.

I would like to blog more myself, but with life there isn’t always enough time. The house, yard (6 acres), dog or goats something is uusally needing attention.

If you do not come back. Take care.

June 4, 2010 at 11:00 am
  • Reply Alisa

I totally think this is a good idea. Sometimes you’re just overloaded. Enjoy smelling the roses and walking the dogs.

June 4, 2010 at 4:10 pm
  • Reply Heather (

I think it’s good to take breaks sometimes, good luck balancing it all!

June 4, 2010 at 5:23 pm
  • Reply Nicci

Enjoy your break, sometimes it’s good to unplug and get back to thr real world.

June 6, 2010 at 10:21 am
  • Reply Tara Gibson

hope you are enjoying your break!

June 7, 2010 at 10:36 am
  • Reply Jonathan

I was wondering where you’ve been. I hear you. I had to do a similar thing. I still log my workouts, but its easy to lose focus and that can be an counter productive as overtraining. Good luck…I hope you stick around in some fashion. You give this place some class :)

June 7, 2010 at 11:37 am
  • Reply Kelly @ Healthy Living With Kelly

Oh honey…we will support whatever you decide! :)

June 8, 2010 at 1:46 pm
  • Reply Shannon

Good call! I recently ended my subscription to “anonymous running magazine” because I felt like all I was doing was reading about running and not ACTUALLY running. Needless to say, my running is back and I feel great. Taking a break from obsessing about running was what I needed. I hope it all works out for you too!

June 8, 2010 at 4:12 pm
  • Reply Katie

Oh my gosh, SO disappointed that I took a little blog break and missed the “if you’ll be in SD RNR expo say hello” mention. Would have loved to say hi! Hope you enjoyed your blog breather and got what you needed out of it!

June 11, 2010 at 4:35 pm