10 miles and garage sailing

So this weekend was the garage sale. Man, I’ve never experienced something like that before. People are crazy bargainers! I thought that having our nice Starbucks travel mugs at a dollar was a bargain, and when people scoffed, I was shocked! I guess the going rate for those is around 50 cents. We had two tables there that were probably around 500 dollars a piece. We sold both, two for twenty, and the guy haggled over that too! All our clothes were a dollar, and by the end of the day, we basically had everything going for a dollar. We just wanted to get rid of it. It was a good experience overall and we made almost $300 dollars which we are going to put towards our fourth of July party fund. There were some very weird moments of the day though, some guy pulled up with three coolers in the back of the car and came out yelling, Tamales! Tamales! He was trying to sell Tamales at OUR garage sale! We were so confused. We ended the afternoon with the ice cream man going down our street and we both looked at each other and sprinted down the street and got ice creams. What are we? 12?

After our long day on Saturday, I was pretty prepared to get my 10 mile run in on Sunday. I was a little nervous that I wouldn’t make that distance, since I haven’t ran that far or anywhere near that distance in over a month, but Sunday morning I got up at 6:45 and took off. I have been working on running new routes and this was kind of an exploratory run. I ran around and found a nice little trailish area along the river bed and then ran to the park and turned around at 5 miles and came back home. It was a great little 10 miler, even though I was a little tired those last three miles. I’m glad I finished though and got it done. It was pretty warm during the run, man I love it when it’s warm though.

Overall, the training last week was a success, with all my runs completed. Today is a rest day, but I might hit up the gym after work and tutoring to work on my arms. Then I have 5 miles tomorrow morning, which is a good way to start off the day. I like running those small distances in the morning. So the weekend was good and I’m back in training mode finally!

18 Responses to 10 miles and garage sailing

1. ilovesteaks says:

did you guys get a cut from the tamales guy? :)

2. Shannon says:

Gotta love garage sales! People really do try to haggle the price down.

3. Tara says:

damn people are crazy! I would have bought some tamales though! hahaha glad you had a good run and we able to make some moolah at your garage sale!

4. tricia says:

garage sales are soo much fun!

5. Brittney says:

Those garage-salers are crazy! I like the ice cream pics, the pink panter was my favorite when I was little. Love those gum eyeballs.

6. x-country2 says:

I hope those are gumballs for eyes. :o)

7. Katie A. says:

I never make any money at my garage sale! My crap probably isn’t even worth a buck! LOL!
    And I would have paid money to see you two running after the ice cream man! Good times!

Yay for thr garage sale and double yay for a 10 miler!! U rock! When are you coming to visit?!? I misss you!!! <3

9. I love the ice cream man!

10. Rachel says:

The ice-cream man is such a great opportunity to be 12 again! Glad you had a great 10 miler. Go, Danica, Go!

11. abbi says:

That is so funny about the garage sale. I’ve held a few and am always amazed, both at what people will buy and also how some of them bargain…glad you had a great 10 miler!

12. Glenn Jones says:

We were out wih some friends this weekend and were talkingabout garage sales. One couple had one recently where someone came by and asked to use the bathroom. Unfortunately, while they were using the bathroom, they were also helping themselves to jewelry and other electronic devices. Be careful out there!

13. Punk Rock Runner says:

Gotta love finding new running routes & ice cream… yum!

14. Jenn says:

Good grief, those people are crazy!!! I’m taking some of my stuff to sell at my parents house soon, and I have so many designer dresses and jeans that I’ve barely worn… it makes me cringe to think of the pennies I’ll likely get for them, lol.

Glad you’re able to get back into the running with relative ease! You’re a rockstar, lady.

15. I have a garage sale once a year and we always make about $300 but seriously people do bargain! Sometimes it is so annoying because I feel like they are already getting one heck of a deal! haha!

16. Garage sales are always a good time. Congrats on meeting all your goals for the past week!

17. Heather says:

love that yall got ice cream!

18. Felice says:

Congrats on the 10 miler!
    Those ice creams are cute. Have a good weekend!