You know you’ve been on a cruise too long when…

So this past week was INCREDIBLE! The cruise was so much fun but I thought of these ten funny things that let me know I’ve been on a cruise too long.

1. You walk around looking for sanitization stations with your hands out ready to be anti-bacterialized all the time.

2. You open your bedroom door in the morning and you are disappointed there is no fruit, juice and cereal waiting for you.

3. You wonder why you’re so tired at 2 pm and want your daily nap.

4. You look at a menu at the restaurant and are tempted to order everything on it…just because you can.

5. You get off the ship and constantly ask the people around you, ‘Are we moving?’

6. You wonder when the daily bingo drawing will be.

7. You listen for the intercom chime every morning for the daily activities.

8. When your hungry you look around for the nearest tray to load up with snacks.

9. You’re constantly checking your cell phone to make sure it’s not on roaming.

10. You rush into the local fast food place making sure you can get the table with the best view.

I wanted to give everyone one more day to enter the Coveroo Giveaway! So I’ll announce the winner tomorrow!

I’ll have a full recap of the trip and everywhere I went sometime this week, but I did learn I cannot run on a treadmill on a ship. It makes me sick! I ran about three miles while gone but I did do a TON of walking and exploring. Canada was absolutely beautiful and I was so lucky to have the chance to go and had a blast.

This morning I got up and ran for thirty minutes and it’s such nice weather where I live it was just great. I am glad I took a rest and am feeling better and ready to get back out there, so much so I’m going to pick out a half marathon for the summer!

18 Responses to You know you’ve been on a cruise too long when…

1. Glad you had fun! Love your list :-) Congrats on another half! I ran mine this weekend. Check out my recap and my medal. Yes, I’m wearing it today, proudly. :-)

2. skinnyrunner says:

i tried running on a cruise too, on the treadmill, and i felt like the tm was swaying and i’d fall off!

3. David says:

glad you’re getting the good weather–it’s stupid hot here already. which means i’m heading into my running ‘offseason’! :/

glad your trip to see the canucks rocked!

4. Natalie says:

I’m glad you had fun! Can’t wait to see pictures. We went on a Disney cruise over Thanksgiving and I remember almost everything from your list, especially number 5!

5. This is hilarious! I have never been on a cruise, but I definitely want to try one now! :)

6. sounds so fun! I am going on a cruise in June and you are getting me excited!

7. J says:

haha totally true! Those cruises are addicting! Glad you had a good time! Can’t wait to hear about it!

8. Glad you’re back! Those are some pretty funny (and true) facts!

Can’t wait to read more!

9. Billy Burger says:

Welcome back monkey head!

10. shelly says:

I am new to your blog but I wanted to let you know I love it!

11. Too funny! Especially the running on a treadmill… Treadmills on steady ground make me sick so I could NEVER do that on a ship.

Enjoy the creature comforts of home!

12. Woohooo Canada!!!!  Happy to hear you had an awesome time! Hopefully you even got to run on the Sea Wall!

13. Stuart says:

Please please please tell me you ran around the deck with your Garmin on!

14. Nichole says:

Can’t wait to hear more about Canada, gorgeous. Keep us posted on the half you sign up for! The most immediate things I miss from cruises are the ice cream yogurt machines and the ridiculous cocktails.

15. ilovesteaks says:

are you running SF again this year?

16. Jess says:

Can’t wait for your full recap! Sounds like you had a good time. The first time I went in a restaurant after my cruise and saw prices on the menu, I was a little bit let down.

17. Jacklyn says:

Hilarious! I’ve never been on a cruise but now want to be on one real bad (said in Napoleon Dynamite voice) haha

18. Rinus says:

Looks nice and fun on the ship and running on the ship is not so easy!.
    Rinus.