Wait, where have you been?

So this past week Thursday through Monday morning bright and early I’ve been having a great time up in San Francisco. Granted, Thursday and Friday were spend going all over town promoting the CA Dreamin’ Racing Series with The San Francisco Marathon and over those two days I basically ran a marathon.

Yea. As of recent I basically was running about 10-15 miles. I wasn’t running much at all. I was just starting to build my base back up. My long runs were still decent but I was just starting to get back on that training pony. Well now I’m officially back on because this past week I ran 8 miles on Sunday, 8 miles on Monday, 14 miles on Thursday and 13 miles on Friday, not to mention walking about 2 miles on Friday around downtown.

We ran a lot of the first half, which I ran last year for the first time, and I enjoyed it. It was simply great weather and every one was out and about enjoying the day.

I made my first trip to Sports Basement! I have heard many of my northern California friends talk about this place and it’s pretty awesome. While I was there I stocked up on a ton of sharkies.

My favorite thing. I love the Golden Gate and am so lucky I can visit it so often. It was so clear out, I couldn’t believe it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it this clear.

The course is no joke though and I was still exhausted after the first day of running. The second day lead to more running, brainstorming, planning and traveling all over town but it was another beautiful day and then I met up with T & M to go to a Restitution Press art show that evening. I can’t wait to show you my wonderful piece of art that I purchased. I am automatically cultured.

It was absolutely gorgeous weather up in the bay and I do love the area. It’s one of my favorite cities, hands down. The golden gate is so romantic. Sigh. As for work, it was SUPER productive. Way more than I thought even could be, which is really good.

I hung out the rest of the weekend with Tara and Maritza which was awesome per usual. I’ll have the full recap of that tomorrow with more pictures of the trip, my art purchase and also a wonderful blogger meet up!

Let’s just say, another 8 miles did me in for the weekend on Sunday morning, but I think it was just what I needed to get me back into gear. Oh and I got talked into 5 more marathons. That is for another day, along with my training plan. Man, there’s lots to catch up on!

43 miles in a week? I’ll take it, and I’ll take this awesome I can run again attitude too.

26 Responses to Wait, where have you been?

1. kristen says:

Looks like the perfect day in sanfran. Usually it’s cold and yuukky when I’m there :( awesome time!!

2. Billy Burger says:

I friggin’ love San Fran. Great to see you’ve got your running mojo back too.

Cute pics LWS. Miss ya.

3. Vic says:

FIVE more marathons? Say what? You are an inspiration, girl.

4. Page says:

I’m going to miss you!!!!

5. Erin says:

Those pictures are gorgeous! I wanna go to SF!! Wait, are you planning out part of the SF marathon course? That’s so cool!

6. Jenn says:

Ahhh, I’m so jealous! SF is one of my favorite cities in the world. I love it so much that I’ve seriously thought about leaving my life behind on the east coast and moving out there. It’s heaven. :)

PS – I’m a first time commenter, but I love your blog!

7. Beth says:

Hey, a Bay Area reader here….we LOVE Sports Basement!!! We have one 5 minutes from home we start and end a lot of our runs at here in Walnut Creek. And the Crissy Field, Presidio area…man on a sunny, clear day there is no better place to be, so many athletic people everywhere, and amazing views! Hubby will finish his CA Dreamin Series at San Fran, I have to wait till Surf City, but we both have your 25th Ann Long Beach shirt!

8. great job! The bridge is so pretty!

9. aron says:

i love it when you come to visit and cant wait to see you again!!

10. Christina says:

Nice pictures! Crissy Field is my one of my favorite runs ever. And yes, Sports Basement is super awesome :)

11. Ally says:

You rock girl. Can you share some of that newfound running motivation? Because I’m seriously lacking it!

12. Five marathons?!?! lol
    Remember when you said you wouldn’t do another one?!? :op

13. Alisa says:

Nice! 43 miles that’s awesome chica.

5 marathons, this made me laugh. I’m hoping you’re going to post which ones at some point.

14. x-country2 says:

What a beautiful view of the bridge!

15. MY AAAARRRRTTTTTTT!!!!

16. Bill says:

All those pics and the Sports Basement (where I bought my first Sharkies) just gave me flashbacks to the Alcatraz Tri early this month. It was a little too soon, but I had that awesome weather too!

17. Janeen says:

5 more marathons?! FIVE?! Do tell…! Glad you had a great time up North. Missed you <3

18. Looks like a lot of fun!

19. Jessica says:

I went to SF this past weekend too and stocked up on nutrition goods at Sports Basement! They have a website with some pretty good discounted stuff on it every once and a while.. not as big of a selection though as they do in store. You should check it out! You can even buy sharkies on their website :)

20. Katherine says:

great job doing that many miles in a week! looks like you’ve been doing plenty of running
    Katherine

21. cyberHag says:

Funny I was in SF on Saturday and ran the Bridge and Waterfront. We prob passed each other…lol

22. Wow! 43 miles? That’s quite a bit for you. Are we ramping up for something? Hmmm…Hmmm…

As for SF…I can’t even look at the pics because it hurts too much. So jealous. I need to find an excuse for SF trip soon!

23. Michelle says:

Hi there! I’ve been following you for a while but I’ve never commented. WOW! 43 miles in one week?!?!?! You’re super woman! I’ve loved catching up on all of your past runs…it’s giving me that extra boost of inspiration for my half marathon in July (the Missoula Half Marathon). Thanks for keeping me pumped! :)

24. Nichole says:

Very, very jealous of your running scenery. How fortunate. Rest up when you can. Terrific news on the mileage lady!

25. Glenn Jones says:

Woo hoo! Attitude is what it’s all about. Mine is just starting to resurface after all these weeks….

26. nicole says:

yay for a great weekend up in san fran! i’m missing you like the dessert misses the rain! <3