Pack, Pack, Pack it up!

As I mentioned a few days ago, Shea and I will be moving at the end of this month. Lucky me, I get to work every weekend this month so that means after work nightly I’ll be starting to box up some things I don’t use and going through a lot of my stuff and throwing things away! That’s my favorite part about moving. Throwing random crap away. Last night I started by going through all my running clothes. Man, did I have a bunch of way old weird crap. Someone will be lucky to get all my tech tees! Anyways, when Shea and I started discussing moving, we verbally made a list of all the things that we wanted in a new place. Currently we are living in a 850 square foot 2 bed/1 bath home. We pay a relatively high price each month, cough, 1595, cough. Most of the things that landed on the list were things that we don’t have at our place now. We don’t have a garbage disposal, dishwasher, washer/dryer, backyard (or any outside area for that matter), parking, much storage in the kitchen, and our kitchen is super small with outdated appliances.

We wanted a garbage disposal, backyard, dishwasher, washer/dryer, parking, a way bigger kitchen and 2 bathrooms instead of one. We liked sharing a bathroom, but we thought it had to be PERFECT if we were going to move. More storage would be nice as well. Well we found a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house that is 1,200 square feet for the same price we are paying now! We looked for quite some time but we are really excited about this place and the fact that it has EVERYTHING that we wanted is simply amazing. It even have an extra added on garage so Shea can make it her craft cave for her business. We liked the floor plan and how the kitchen was more open to the den area and the space we are taking on is going to really add a lot. The extra bedroom is going to be like a guest-room and my at home office, so I’m excited to have that space to work from, and do my homework for grad school from. Sidenote: Making the grad school decision this weekend. It has all updated appliances and the fridge even has an ICE MAKER! I can’t imagine not hand washing my dishes, chopping ice from a giant block that has frozen together in our freezer, or being able to do my laundry in my house! Also, another big factor for the move is these little guys.

They are coming to live with us and I’m going to be puppy aunt! I am so excited because I grew up with dogs my entire life and I really, REALLY have missed having dogs so I’m really excited that they can come live with us. Yay for two little dappled dachshunds joining us at a new cave!

So I’m packing up my stuff and getting really excited. It will be much more visitor friendly and the backyard is nice with a built in BBQ. I don’t know how to BBQ but I’m sure I can round up some testosterone that does! Though I know I’ll miss the beach, there are some great parks around our new place and it’s much closer to my gym. We are still only about a 10 minute drive from the beach so it won’t be too bad. It’s also closer to Shea’s work and a tad more convenient to my work as well. Now we can tan in our backyard too!  I’m really excited to start decorating and painting! Here’s my new bedspread, and I’m going to paint the wall behind my bed kelly green. I have a dark headboard like this already too.

I can’t wait to share the final house all decorated with you guys!

Be Sociable, Share!
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

22 Comments

• Reply Leigh

I agree with you on how moving makes you get rid of random crap you never use or wear. We are moving next weekend and just went through two closets and got rid of 3 garbage bags full of stuff. Felt good!

Can’t wait to see pictures of the new place!

May 7, 2010 at 8:45 am
  • Reply Laurie

Excited for you! Although I am not sure there is anything I like about moving, other than a new place! I couldn’t help but notice it looks like you drive a VW?? We have a passat….love it!

May 7, 2010 at 8:47 am
  • Reply Jocelyn

Good luck on your move! Sounds like the new pad is going to be awesome! Can’t wait to see pictures.

May 7, 2010 at 8:53 am
  • Reply keri

Wow congrats on the great find! And good luck with the move. I have friends that used to live in long beach that I visited awhile back. They have since moved to newport beach but we had such a blast when I visited. I LOVED long beach. What a great place to live!

May 7, 2010 at 8:54 am
  • Reply Robyn

The new place sounds fabulous! I didn’t have a dishwasher until recently and boy it’s nice having it now. Can’t wait to see pics when you’re moved in and all decorated.

May 7, 2010 at 9:01 am
  • Reply Jenny from Lucky in Love

Your new place sounds fantastic!!! Can’t wait to see it :)

May 7, 2010 at 9:25 am
  • Reply Kelly

Im so excited for you guys! I can’t wait to see it. It’s going to be fab

May 7, 2010 at 10:10 am
  • Reply run4may

Awwww… I love the doggies. How exciting. My boyfriend and I are also looking for a new apartment, going today to look at one and then spending most of saturday looking. Can’t wait to find the one that has it all.

May 7, 2010 at 10:11 am
  • Reply Jess

Wow I can’t believe you guys found a house for that price! Isn’t Cali housing supposed to be super expensive like DC’s! It’s awesome that you’ll have more space and some outside space. That’s so crucial for me.

May 7, 2010 at 10:39 am
  • Reply Librarian on the Run

Congrats on becoming a puppy aunt! Good luck with the gradual move-in and with your grad-school decision. That’s all so exciting!

May 7, 2010 at 11:33 am
  • Reply Brittney

Congrats on the move! The puppies look like they’ll be fun!

May 7, 2010 at 11:46 am
  • Reply Sarah

Yay, so exciting! I’m extra excited about the pups. I’m such a dog person and can’t imagine living without at least one. :)

May 7, 2010 at 12:09 pm
  • Reply Julianne

You’re moving again? Sounds like the new place is rockin! Visitor friendly eh? Maybe we need to do a road trip to your neck of woods. :-)

May 7, 2010 at 1:01 pm
  • Reply Nikki

AHHHH!!! I LOVE your bedspread! Where did you get it? I’m in the market for a new one (ahem…hole in seam on one side of old one). Good luck with your move! I know from many, many moves it’s a giant pain but sounds like a great place and will be amazing when you’re all in!

May 7, 2010 at 1:36 pm
  • Reply Heather (runningwithsass.com)

how exciting! moving into a new place is so fun! I love decorating and organizing in a new place. Have fun!

May 7, 2010 at 4:48 pm
  • Reply Jessica

My MIL is a daschund freak! Every year for the July 4th parade, she has the “All-American Hot Dog Parade” where she rounds up about 100 daschunds and their owners.

May 8, 2010 at 9:04 am
  • Reply chris

Congrats on your move. You will be settled in in no time

May 8, 2010 at 2:45 pm
  • Reply Stuart

Moving sucks but it sounds like it’s all for the best!

May 9, 2010 at 8:35 am
  • Reply Alisa

Moving is a royal pain in the butt however, there is something about going to a new place that is always so exciting.

Cute little pups too, hope they make more blog appearances.

Love the new bedspread. I can’t wait for a house where I can paint again. I love color, it makes everything happier!

May 9, 2010 at 4:11 pm
  • Reply Tracy

Congra on the new place…I’m new to your blog..but I’m already in love..My partner KC is from Cal and I love it as I do her…funny..because we to our packing…we started running about 2 months ago and we’re both in love with it…so were moving closer to a park we love here in Atlanta…we’ll be following your blog…and we both love the picture of Cal…keep up the good work…
    KC & TR

May 10, 2010 at 9:36 am
  • Reply Elisabeth

Fun! Moving is always so annoying/exciting. I love kelly green! That will look great.

May 12, 2010 at 7:35 pm
  • Reply Marathon Maritza

Whoo I’m excited for your move and can’t wait to see how you decorate! You better invite me over, you hoochie.

May 13, 2010 at 8:06 pm