Friendship: The San Francisco Treat

So this past weekend, as you know, I was up in San Fran for work, and it was simply lovely. I stayed in the Hyatt Regency at the Ferry building for the first few days while I was working in the city. It was a gorgeous.

This was the view from my balcony. I had never been on a work trip before and it was weird being up there all by myself but it was so fun, and I got to meet up with a ton of different friends from so many different places! First off though, there was work to be done and a course to be run!

The course starts right by the Ferry Building which is also right outside my hotel. I have never been inside the Ferry Building in my many trips to San Fran and I have always been curious. It is so pretty and right in downtown.

Then we ran down the course to the Fisherman’s Wharf area which is always a hussle and bussle area. It’s always the craziest part of town and I love the vibe down there. Everyone is just hanging out and there are so many tourists.

The course goes along Fisherman’s Wharf and right by Ghirardelli Square! As you can tell the weather was simply amazing!

Ah, the golden gate. It was fun being on this side of it again, seeing that last time I saw the Golden Gate I was cruising under it on vacation! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a day like this here.

A closer picture of the bridge.

Then we ran up about 200 stairs to go to the little visitor center that is at the Golden Gate and snap some pictures. It took me back to when I ran San Fran last year! It was such a fun race and I remember running it and wanting to soak it all in. I still am enamored with this area!

This is looking back across the course after you pass over the Golden Gate. It is so gorgeous and though the view most likely won’t be the same early race morning, I’m still looking forward to the run again this year.

Later that evening I became a little social media nerd and went to a Mashable Event downtown with my friend Page. It was so much fun and there was a fire station we walked by on our way back. Of course I had to take a picture. It just wouldn’t be the same without a fireman picture now would it?

The next day was more running of the course and also sending off a friend for a 24 hour run for cancer. It was simply awesome to see his excitement and to see his humbleness! He was so calm and just joking with all of us there at his send off. It is great to see what some people can do when they set their mind to it.

Later that evening was when I met up with Tara and Martiza and we all traveled to the ART SHOW and bought my first piece of artwork. It was a great evening topped off by Johnny Rockets and a horrible cab ride. :)

The next day we lounged around my hotel room and checked out and then wandered around downtown for just a bit. We grabbed bagels and walked around the Ferry Building for a bit. It was awesome, but I was very tired from the two days of running all over town. I was glad we were keeping it pretty low key that day. We left the city and traveled out to the Easy Bay where they live. We had a delicious lunch with Page again and wandered the streets of the little town. I got some sweet swimsuit bottoms from H&M for 3 dollars each. HA! Then, I had never been inside a lululemon store and I have been hearing tons and tons of hype about it, so I wanted to check it out. I found the cutest shirt…..

I was totally in love! The top is a little bit stripey and I love me some stripes. The bottom is white and though I don’t like wearing white while running I just loved the feel of it. It was adorable until I looked at the price.

Are you taking crazy pills?! Holy cow! I don’t think I’ve ever spent that much money on a regular shirt none the less a running top! I will stick to my tj maxx and nordstrom rack and on a good day hit up a local running store clearance rack for running clothes but that is just insanity. I’ve heard once you try them you can’t go back. Well this girl is never going to try them sheesh louise!

Later that evening we played about a million games of Words With Friends, my new addiction, on our iPhones and just hung out around town. We watched the 40 year old virgin and went to bed to wake up the next morning for a blogger meet up!

I love all the people I’ve met because of my blog. I look like a leper in this picture but I’m in the middle. I ran 8 miles with Maritza and it was a great run. I was happy with how my legs bounced back after the two longer runs I had done in the city for work and was feeling great. We talked the entire time and it’s always fun to talk to other girls about running and racing and all those good things.

( Naomi, Layla, Sandra, me, Page, Maritza and Aron) The day was finished off by a lovely trip to lunch where the best Pina Coladas ever were drank. It was a great trip and I’m so glad I got to meet up with all my friends up there yet again.

I love running. I love San Francisco and most of all I love my friends.

This morning I’m off to run 6 miles and I’m going to run them at a pretty decent time to see how I am feeling with a little bit of speed. I can’t wait to share the rest of the year’s plan and I’m working on my training plan for my next marathon. It will take a few more days to put together. We are moving this weekend and half my stuff is at the new house and half my stuff is still in my suitcase from San Francisco and half my stuff is in boxes. I feel like a little nomad. I’m really excited about the new place though! It will be a great change and a great workout. :)

33 Responses to Friendship: The San Francisco Treat

1. Kelly says:

Glad you had an awesome weekend! I love San Fran.

2. Allison says:

For the record, Lulu Lemon is totally worth the money! I promise! I’ve been running for 25 years, and started wearing their stuff when they were 1 store in CA. And I don’t work for them! I know it’s pricey, but I live in those clothes for running, yoga, and just running around with my kids. Glad you had a great weekend!

3. Vic says:

Looks like a great time was had! I loved San Fran when I went last month, and now I want to go back. boo.

4. Kristen says:

I have always wanted to visit San Francisco and this just makes me want to even more!! I would LOVE to run anywhere in Cali, just once! Good luck with your move this weekend.

5. Page says:

That was a Danica filled weekend and I loved every minute! And dang! That top is adorable but OOC! Talk soon :)

6. Jamie says:

I really need to get to Frisco more often! I love it there and its only about 2 hours. I am making hubby take me this summer to the warf and maybe the zoo =)

7. aron says:

yayyyyy you had an awesome weekend and it was so fun seeing you for a bit <3

8. Kim says:

What a fantastic weekend! I need to get to SF immediately!!!

I also agree with Kelly, Lululemon is SO expensive, but 100% worth the money! I only use it when doing yoga, and I won’t let myself get obsessed with their running garb because it’s so expensive!

9. x-country2 says:

You ladies always look like you’re having so much fun! Especially with fruity drinks involved. :o)

10. Tara says:

SO glad we got to hang this weekend…aka play 2 billion games of WWF! lol Love you and can’t wait to see you again soon! ♥♥♥

11. You have such fun wherever you go, it’s like the Mobile Danica Party! I think you need a blog page just for your pictures with firemen :-)

I know I’d love Lulemon too much, so like you, I’m just not going there. I don’t need to be stinkifying $50 shirts, thxverymuch.

12. I was so happy you came to visit, my lover!!!! And I’m with you, I don’t care how ‘worth it’ the lululemon stuff is if I’m gonna pay $50 to just get my stank all over it. Hell to the no.

13. Kristen says:

May I suggest the loot section: http://shop.lululemon.com/pl/c/830.html

A.K.A SALE!

I swear by LuLu…I put the cash down for it (mostly bottoms though).

14. Katie A. says:

I was so sad I didn’t get to come and run with you chicas! I swear, next time!!! And where or where did you get those drinks…I’m thirsty now!

15. Felice says:

Looks like such an awesome time!

16. Madison says:

I am also sad about the LuluLemon sky high prices. I actually went into a store one random day and tried some stuff on and I regret doing that because then I wanted to buy but then I remember I had to buy grocery for the month..hahaha.

17. Jessica says:

That makes me want to visit San Fran!! Can’t wait to see pics of the new casa!!

18. kristen says:

lol….that’s funny about lulu lemon. Especially because they are about as expensive as Lucy, but WAY better quality. Seriously, buy something. You wont regret it!!

19. Stuart says:

I think Lulumon is the running equivalent to Whole Check…err Foods!

20. I’m with you on the Lululemon apparel. I get most my runnign stuff from Marshalls and Kohls! Glad to hear you had fun in SF. I used to live an hour outside the city, it’s a great place to visit and I’m jealous of all your runs there!

21. Lindsay says:

Your blog makes me want to visit SF so bad! I have never been to CA so it is on my list :)

Regarding Lululemon, I was introduced about 5 years ago and although it is pricey…it is completely worth it. The clothes last for a LONG time and they are amazing in quality. I would definitely reccomend trying a piece out. I have switched alot all of my running gear to their apparel!

Have a great day :)

22. Amy says:

OMG – you have to get a pair of Lululemon Booty shorts!! They are amazaing and they last forever!! well worth the price! They are the only thing I run in these days – most of their pants/shorts are reverseable as well so you kind of get a “two for one” deal…

23. Looks like a fabulous trip! My fiancé and I are going there in a few weeks on our honeymoon! We are staying at the Hyatt Regency for a few nights too! Looks like a great, fun city!!

24. Robyn says:

How fun! I want a work trip where I can see friends. I haven’t yet gotten sucked into lululemon but I’m sure it’s coming any day now.

25. Laura says:

I love Words With Friends!!!
    Let’s play!
    LHart99
    :):)

26. RoadBunner says:

It was great seeing you! I am so jealous you get to go on runs for your job :D Oh, and BIG SUR! BIG SUR! BIG SUR!

27. Sara says:

I just wandered into a Lulumon store myself last week for the first time. I also fell in LOVE w/ a running tank.. It was $52!! I shuttered.. but still tried it on.. sigh… LOVED it. Talked to the lady that worked there and she said how much she loves their tanks, blah blah blah. I said, ‘yeah, but it’s $52!’ She looked at me like, yeah, you don’t get it! lol!
    SO, I bought it. LOVE it. I wish I could afford 10 of them. You’re SOOO right, once you try it, you never go back! BUT, I feel like a million bucks in that tank and even though I also hit up TJ’s and Target, these will definitely be on my wish list fo’eva!!

28. Glad you had a good time!! :)

29. Glenn Jones says:

Okay. You got me. I’m signing up for the SF half this weekend. Gotta finish the Cal Dreaming series!

30. Like any good (former) West Coaster I own some Lululemon stuff. I don’t know if you noticed while you were out in Victoria or Van but it’s basically a uniform around those parts! :oP

I didn’t get all my Lululemon stuff at once so it didn’t hurt as much. Usually one piece once in a long while. And yup the stuff is pricey. But I find their tech tops are worth it for me. Mostly ’cause I like to workout in tight clothing that doesn’t totally encase the girls in some armor like fabric coating. Lululemon stuff is great for that! I have to say many years later I still wear every single Lulu shirt I’ve ever bought (well except for the ones that are too big now).

And then there are the pants . . . that’s what made Lululemon famous. And although they have awesome cuts they’re SO NOT WORTH IT!!!! Honestly, I’ve owned quite a few and after a couple of years they look terrible. I wash mine only with other tech clothing, in cold water, not using fabric softener and they still pill like crazy. They look really sad. Which is beyond unacceptable for pants that cost me $110!!!!!!! Daisy tore my last pair and I’m not replacing them. Instead I’ll buy a pair of $25-$30 pants that still look great years later.

Bottom line? Shirts = awesome. Pants = major fail.

31. Alisa says:

Looks like a great trip! I heart SF. You were definitely there in perfect weather.

Lululemon has some nice stuff but I totally agree that there prices are RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one item from there that was on major clearance and was still pricey for me.

32. CJ says:

Blogger meet ups are great, especially if you get to run together. :) Looks like it was a great trip! Love the pictures!

33. Pingback: Goals for SF 1/2 | Chic Runner