Radical POM

So POM is something that I’m on the fence about. They didn’t send me any samples but I instead scored a container at an expo that I worked. Regular POM is okay but it’s a little tart for my taste. I do like the nutrients and how it benefits you post run, but gulping it down makes my little taste buds cringe. I like my drinks sweeter so regular POM isn’t my fave.

So the sample I got was POM blueberry. I didn’t even realize it wasn’t regular POM until I got it out of the fridge to pour it the other day and imagine my surprise when I realized that POM was mixed with one of my most beloved berries, the blueberry. I was super excited to try this wonderful treat that I didn’t even know existed! After going to their site I also found out they have a POM Cherry too, I will for sure have to try that!

And let me tell you, it was TASTY! I loved it! I think mixing it with blueberries took off the tart taste that I wasn’t particularly fond of and made it completely awesome! I know POM is pretty expensive and that’s why I mentioned I’m on the fence about it. I think it’s a great juice but shelling out that type of money for a juice isn’t something that I would normally do, especially if I’m not totally sold on the flavor, but the new blueberry one is great and I will definitely be picking up some when I want a special treat. :)

This morning I FINALLY had a decent run. I ran with my new watch and felt decent the entire time. I was running fairly fast and besides my calf being a little tight from my sloth life, I was really pleased with how easily it all ‘came back’. I ran part of the Long Beach course and it reminded me of my wonderful race and how far I’ve come since then. It made me almost excited to start thinking about Camarillo and made me realize that yes, I can run still.

So this weekend is the Grand Prix! I am so excited and I’m sure I’ll have a huge recap sometime next week. Tomorrow though it’s back to the Adoption posts!

17 Responses to Radical POM

1. the dawn says:

I have an empty pom bottle in my recycling right now! However, for me, it’s the tartness that makes me love it sooo! I usually only treat myself occasionally. So tasty but so expensive!

2. Paige says:

I loooove pomegranate anything so I’m all over the POM. I usually mix it with a seltzer or club soda or something though, just to dilute it and make it last longer. A little vodka doesn’t hurt either! ;)

3. Alex says:

I think pom is a little tart too. I want to try their iced tea. but I will have to try this one too.

4. Ms.V says:

I’m not a fan of the stuff.

5. niki says:

I have yet to try the juice, I may have to because of all the nutrients. What new watch did you get? Im really thinking about buying a new garmin 305 this week.

6. Marlene says:

I’m not a fan of POM solo, but it’s delicious mixed with soda water or gingerale! Yummy!

7. I have always seen it at the store but have never gotten it, now I may have to try it!

8. eca says:

I’m always on the lookout for new juices to try. I love my orange juice, but POM might be a fun treat to mix in sometimes.

9. Kristen says:

Wow, I had no idea they had other flavors! I love Cherry flavored things!! I have always wondered about POM, but have never tried it- I guess I am going to have to give it a try! I am looking forward your review and thanks for posting about the champion clothing!

10. I mix my POM with fizzy water too! Also, I like POM peach tea, try that one.

11. Laina says:

It’s great mixed up with a banana, yogurt and ice for a healthy smoothie! Even my kids like it! It’s a summer favorite of ours.

12. Madison says:

Yay to getting back on the horse! I know exactly what you mean by the tart taste of POM original. I think POM makes a tea also that is less intense but really good. I haven’t had any in a while but I use to even dilute that tea with cold water or ice to cut down on the sweetness, but that is only because I don’t drink a whole lot ot sweet beverages.

13. Nina says:

your fave foodie here…I highly suggest mixing this stuff with sparkling water! You don’t have to use as much of the POM and a little bubbly is a nice perk up!!

14. nicole says:

I agree with it being tart! I wouldnt mind trying cherry or blueberry though!

15. Jacklyn says:

I have mixed POM with seltzer water just for general use but I didn’t even think about it as a great post-race drink. Uh oh, now Nestle chocolate milk may have to move out da way ;)

16. kristen says:

I’m totally on the fence too. I havn’t even tried it yet, but I think it would be good in some vodka :O

17. I think there is a raspberry one too.. and a mango. I like it better too when it’s mixed with a fruit, or maybe toned down in seltzer water.