Green Giant of YUM!

I am slightly obsessed with a new little gem I found at Target the other day. They are the Green Giant Veggie Packages! First off, I’m not a veggie lover. I mean I eat them, but it’s just really hard for me to incorporate it into my diet for some reason, perhaps I am lazy. I guess I would be more of a “meat and potato” girl. But, I am down to try new things and I don’t mind them, minus the horrible lettuce. So, to my surprise, I found these that steam in the bag in the microwave! I thought they would be great for lunch. Problem is, I’m usually starving at lunch so it takes a decent amount of food to make me feel full and I was worried this wouldn’t be enough. WRONG-O! They seem to be the perfect amount!

I like the different options they have too, they have a whole plethora of different varieties including Healthy Weight, Healthy Vision, Immunity Blend, Digestive Health and Healthy Heart. I have tried all of them but Digestive Health, and to my surprise I loved them all! They are so tasty and are the perfect amount! They are filling and have a lot of different veggies that I wouldn’t normally be eating. They are seasoned by a little butter, or olive oil so they aren’t dried out and only take 3 minutes to microwave!

This is before I took a bite. That is a lot of veggies for me! I was so proud of myself and so surprised by how delicious they were. This is an epic win. Best part is, they were on sale for a DOLLAR at Target when I went! I would pay 2 dollars for this though! They are a great find and super easy to grab for lunch when I’m running out the door in the morning.

They come in a bag and you just heat them up in the bag and then pull the bag apart and dump them on a plate. The flavor is great and they are a great blend of different veggies.

Even an iPhone picture makes they look tasty! I am pretty excited about these little guys and see them in many of my future lunches! They are from Green Giant and called ‘Health Blends’. I researched them and found them on the Green Giant product list.

Tomorrow is the Seal Beach 10k Report, which I ended up running for fun and it was a blast. This weekend, other than that, not much working out too be had. I injured my foot a little bit during the race, so I need to rest to make sure that it’s not really injured. I must admit though, my Angels are BREAKING my heart! Also, with summer approaching and the sun making a comeback, check out the article I wrote about Sun Protection!

29 Responses to Green Giant of YUM!

1. Shannon says:

We usually eat the Birdseye Steamfresh or the Green Giant Steamers and we love them. They’re the same idea as what you have pictures, except there are about 2.5 to 3 servings per bag! They’re super yummy too! I used to steam all of our veggies but with grad school taking up my time, I take the easy way out now!

2. Raciel says:

One Dollah for convenient microwavable veggies?! I’m so going to Tarzhay this week. ^_^

3. I am so not a veggie person, and we get the steamer bags and they are just so easy like you said!

4. Tara says:

hip hip hooray for veggies! haha I love all the forzen veggies that you cab just microwave…SO convienent!

5. Erin says:

I used to eat that exact same thing all the time! For some additional protein I would also buy some pre-cooked chicken sausages and heat one of those up in the microwave and eat it on the side. Definitely yum.

6. laurie says:

I love those Green Giant veggies!

7. We use these all the time – I find the best stuff at Target!

8. Vic says:

Those look tasty! Great find.

9. joerunfordom says:

Danica – Score! That is great stuff. Dawn is out of town this week while I’m prepping for Boston, cooking for one – so these might come in handy!

Just wanted to stop by and let you know we found out today that we’ll be having a “little girl” marathoner in September – was bid doins’ this morning over on Run for Dom.

Thanks for everything Danica, just wanted to stop by before I had to check out for Boston later in the week.

Take good care! Joe

10. Marlene says:

I do love veggies, but they take so long to prep and peel and chop at home. Definitely going to look for something like this!

11. BostonRunner says:

I always have trouble getting in my veggies!
    Great article about sun protection! Protecting yourself from the sun is so important!

12. Natalie says:

I never thought to check Target for these! They’re always expensive at my grocery, but I’m obsessed with them. Definitely yum.

13. oooh those veggies look great :)

14. L.A. Daze says:

Those veggies look good, but is that all you ate?

I accidentally made a girl run into a sign at the Seal Beach 10K! I was on my bike on PCH, waiting for the masses to run by, so out of boredom I was cheering and telling everybody “great job!”. Then I decided to yell out: are you guys running a 5K? And this girl looks at me, goes: no, a 10K and them BAM she runs into a “Road Closed” sign. Oooopsss…

15. Ryan says:

I have never seen these before- they do look great. I’m trying to incorporate more veggies into my diet and I can’t cook so these sound like the perfect solution!

And ohmygosh, I laughed so hard at your comment L.A. Daze. It shouldn’t be funny, because it is totally something I would do, but that is hilarous!!

16. kristen says:

You alwasy find the coolest things and the best deals. Very cool!

17. Anna says:

I LOVE Target! You can always find the greatest things there. Can’t wait for your race report!

18. the dawn says:

Yay veggies! They really aren’t that bad, right? You just gotta get them in the right context. I’m a vegetarian, so I love all the rabbit food anyway… :)

Can’t wait to hear about the race!

19. Billy Burger says:

That actually looks pretty good :p

20. betty says:

I’ve had those and I totally agree. They are tasty.

21. Jules says:

do you get commission for the veggies? lol :)

22. Emily says:

LOVE Target! Love the recommendation!!

Love your blog!!

23. Jamie says:

Well Hello stranger. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog =) I am dealing… if I want something I have it… I just try not to go overboard which is hard bc I feel HUNGRY a lot (which I have read could mean a boy =)
    I need to get me some of these veggies packets… I love veggies but I am super lazy lately. I’m gonna have to try them! THANKS!

24. RoadBunner says:

Ack! It has been so long since I stopped by! I am also HORRIBLE at eating fruits and vegetables. I have decided it is because I am lazy. They require cleaning and chopping and skinning. Too much work. Recently I started throwing pre shedded carrots from TJ’s into my pasta water. I figure it is a start.

25. Alisa says:

Mmmmmmm…I often add handfuls of spinach to stuff since it cooks down so much and is so tasty.

26. ida says:

i love those veggie packs too! the one with potatoes is my fave:) they’re 2.50 at safeway though. target’s got it going on.

27. suz says:

That Healthy Weight package is my favorite! So delish, I love the combo of black beans and sugar snap peas.

28. cyberHag says:

Careful with the sodium though. Usually these pre-made deals are sodium packed.

29. Kate says:

i seriously lose 5lbs every time i can commit myself to eating this for lunch for a month. Yummy, filling, and healthy!