Green Giant of YUM!

I am slightly obsessed with a new little gem I found at Target the other day. They are the Green Giant Veggie Packages! First off, I’m not a veggie lover. I mean I eat them, but it’s just really hard for me to incorporate it into my diet for some reason, perhaps I am lazy. I guess I would be more of a “meat and potato” girl. But, I am down to try new things and I don’t mind them, minus the horrible lettuce. So, to my surprise, I found these that steam in the bag in the microwave! I thought they would be great for lunch. Problem is, I’m usually starving at lunch so it takes a decent amount of food to make me feel full and I was worried this wouldn’t be enough. WRONG-O! They seem to be the perfect amount!

I like the different options they have too, they have a whole plethora of different varieties including Healthy Weight, Healthy Vision, Immunity Blend, Digestive Health and Healthy Heart. I have tried all of them but Digestive Health, and to my surprise I loved them all! They are so tasty and are the perfect amount! They are filling and have a lot of different veggies that I wouldn’t normally be eating. They are seasoned by a little butter, or olive oil so they aren’t dried out and only take 3 minutes to microwave!

This is before I took a bite. That is a lot of veggies for me! I was so proud of myself and so surprised by how delicious they were. This is an epic win. Best part is, they were on sale for a DOLLAR at Target when I went! I would pay 2 dollars for this though! They are a great find and super easy to grab for lunch when I’m running out the door in the morning.

They come in a bag and you just heat them up in the bag and then pull the bag apart and dump them on a plate. The flavor is great and they are a great blend of different veggies.

Even an iPhone picture makes they look tasty! I am pretty excited about these little guys and see them in many of my future lunches! They are from Green Giant and called ‘Health Blends’. I researched them and found them on the Green Giant product list.

Tomorrow is the Seal Beach 10k Report, which I ended up running for fun and it was a blast. This weekend, other than that, not much working out too be had. I injured my foot a little bit during the race, so I need to rest to make sure that it’s not really injured. I must admit though, my Angels are BREAKING my heart! Also, with summer approaching and the sun making a comeback, check out the article I wrote about Sun Protection!

Be Sociable, Share!
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

29 Comments

• Reply Shannon

We usually eat the Birdseye Steamfresh or the Green Giant Steamers and we love them. They’re the same idea as what you have pictures, except there are about 2.5 to 3 servings per bag! They’re super yummy too! I used to steam all of our veggies but with grad school taking up my time, I take the easy way out now!

April 12, 2010 at 8:53 am
  • Reply Raciel

One Dollah for convenient microwavable veggies?! I’m so going to Tarzhay this week. ^_^

April 12, 2010 at 9:02 am
  • Reply Heather (www.runningwithsass.com)

I am so not a veggie person, and we get the steamer bags and they are just so easy like you said!

April 12, 2010 at 9:04 am
  • Reply Tara

hip hip hooray for veggies! haha I love all the forzen veggies that you cab just microwave…SO convienent!

April 12, 2010 at 9:39 am
  • Reply Erin

I used to eat that exact same thing all the time! For some additional protein I would also buy some pre-cooked chicken sausages and heat one of those up in the microwave and eat it on the side. Definitely yum.

April 12, 2010 at 10:09 am
  • Reply laurie

I love those Green Giant veggies!

April 12, 2010 at 10:11 am
  • Reply Jessica @ How Sweet

We use these all the time – I find the best stuff at Target!

April 12, 2010 at 10:37 am
  • Reply Vic

Those look tasty! Great find.

April 12, 2010 at 10:50 am
  • Reply joerunfordom

Danica – Score! That is great stuff. Dawn is out of town this week while I’m prepping for Boston, cooking for one – so these might come in handy!

Just wanted to stop by and let you know we found out today that we’ll be having a “little girl” marathoner in September – was bid doins’ this morning over on Run for Dom.

Thanks for everything Danica, just wanted to stop by before I had to check out for Boston later in the week.

Take good care! Joe

April 12, 2010 at 10:54 am
  • Reply Marlene

I do love veggies, but they take so long to prep and peel and chop at home. Definitely going to look for something like this!

April 12, 2010 at 10:58 am
  • Reply BostonRunner

I always have trouble getting in my veggies!
    Great article about sun protection! Protecting yourself from the sun is so important!

April 12, 2010 at 11:25 am
  • Reply Natalie

I never thought to check Target for these! They’re always expensive at my grocery, but I’m obsessed with them. Definitely yum.

April 12, 2010 at 11:30 am
  • Reply L.A. Daze

Those veggies look good, but is that all you ate?

I accidentally made a girl run into a sign at the Seal Beach 10K! I was on my bike on PCH, waiting for the masses to run by, so out of boredom I was cheering and telling everybody “great job!”. Then I decided to yell out: are you guys running a 5K? And this girl looks at me, goes: no, a 10K and them BAM she runs into a “Road Closed” sign. Oooopsss…

April 12, 2010 at 12:19 pm
  • Reply Ryan

I have never seen these before- they do look great. I’m trying to incorporate more veggies into my diet and I can’t cook so these sound like the perfect solution!

And ohmygosh, I laughed so hard at your comment L.A. Daze. It shouldn’t be funny, because it is totally something I would do, but that is hilarous!!

April 12, 2010 at 12:27 pm
  • Reply kristen

You alwasy find the coolest things and the best deals. Very cool!

April 12, 2010 at 12:27 pm
  • Reply Anna

I LOVE Target! You can always find the greatest things there. Can’t wait for your race report!

April 12, 2010 at 12:55 pm
  • Reply the dawn

Yay veggies! They really aren’t that bad, right? You just gotta get them in the right context. I’m a vegetarian, so I love all the rabbit food anyway… :)

Can’t wait to hear about the race!

April 12, 2010 at 1:04 pm
  • Reply Billy Burger

That actually looks pretty good :p

April 12, 2010 at 1:18 pm
  • Reply betty

I’ve had those and I totally agree. They are tasty.

April 12, 2010 at 1:47 pm
  • Reply Jules

do you get commission for the veggies? lol :)

April 12, 2010 at 1:49 pm
  • Reply Emily

LOVE Target! Love the recommendation!!

Love your blog!!

April 12, 2010 at 2:15 pm
  • Reply Jamie

Well Hello stranger. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog =) I am dealing… if I want something I have it… I just try not to go overboard which is hard bc I feel HUNGRY a lot (which I have read could mean a boy =)
    I need to get me some of these veggies packets… I love veggies but I am super lazy lately. I’m gonna have to try them! THANKS!

April 12, 2010 at 2:43 pm
  • Reply RoadBunner

Ack! It has been so long since I stopped by! I am also HORRIBLE at eating fruits and vegetables. I have decided it is because I am lazy. They require cleaning and chopping and skinning. Too much work. Recently I started throwing pre shedded carrots from TJ’s into my pasta water. I figure it is a start.

April 12, 2010 at 4:50 pm
  • Reply Alisa

Mmmmmmm…I often add handfuls of spinach to stuff since it cooks down so much and is so tasty.

April 12, 2010 at 6:57 pm
  • Reply ida

i love those veggie packs too! the one with potatoes is my fave:) they’re 2.50 at safeway though. target’s got it going on.

April 12, 2010 at 11:09 pm
  • Reply suz

That Healthy Weight package is my favorite! So delish, I love the combo of black beans and sugar snap peas.

April 13, 2010 at 8:49 am
  • Reply cyberHag

Careful with the sodium though. Usually these pre-made deals are sodium packed.

April 16, 2010 at 6:28 pm
  • Reply Kate

i seriously lose 5lbs every time i can commit myself to eating this for lunch for a month. Yummy, filling, and healthy!

April 18, 2010 at 8:37 pm