Oh what? Oh Yeah!

So I recently was introduced into the world of deliciousness that is commonly known as Oh Yeah! by a friend. Now, I’m NOT a protein bar girl. I don’t like eating them, I never thought they ‘worked’ to make me feel full and I never felt any great ‘benefits’ that they say these bars have. I have tried a lot of different ones and most of them taste gross and chalky, or leave a little something more to be desired. Or I’ll eat one that has roughly 200 calories and still be famished afterward. Not exactly the best feeling. Then I got recommended these by a friend and once I tried them, I seriously couldn’t believe that they were so delicious AND made me feel full after a run. Sometimes when I need something just after running and I don’t want to shove my face full of food that I would later regret. I’ve tried numerous different bars but never had the feeling like they were doing anything until I had the “Oh Yeah!” bar.

First off, the flavors they have are incredibly delicious. I don’t even like almonds and the almond one might even be my favorite! I really found that they are good and a few other people have tried them and been surprised by their great flavor and tastiness. I also can eat half of one full bar and be completely full. They also make a smaller size, the ‘good grab’ size, and it is a great size to run with and to eat after a run.

I have tried three different flavors, the Peanut Butter and Caramel, the Almond Fudge Brownie and the Chocolate and Caramel. I REALLY like the Almond Fudge Brownie. The best part about the bar is the gooey inside that you can kind of see on the picture of the bar cut in half above. It’s so delicious.  I have to admit, I really like all three flavors which is rare! I really would check them out if you want something to snack on after a run that has some protein in it and make you feel full. I was super skeptical but I’m glad to say that I will be getting more of these at GNC to stock up after runs. It’s funny because I can tell the ‘scale’ of how much I like a product if I would actually spend money on it… and these I definitely would I even ate one on my 17 miler a w hile back and it was delicious! Here is a link to the Oh Yeah! Product page.

This morning I finally got in a great 5 mile run and am starting to regain confidence for LA. I don’t know why but I haven’t been able to get in the longer miles I’ve hoped but I just have the 20 miler this weekend to nail and once that is done there isn’t much else I can do. I am feeling stronger overall but my running is just down. Luckily I beat the storm coming in back to my house though. A soggy Danica is not a happy Danica at all.

25 Responses to Oh what? Oh Yeah!

1. Sarah says:

Do you know what stores sell these bars? I’ve never seen them, but I’m intrigued and want to give them a try! :)

2. Vic says:

Those look like chocolaty deliciousness! Thanks for the review

3. Marlene says:

Ooooohhhh, these look (and sound!) good. I also avoid the protein bars… for that many calories, I could eat a Snickers! (there must be some protein in there!)

These do sound like a good option, though.

4. Kelly says:

I always associate protein bars with dirt. Those look surprisingly good!

5. Pretty funny all the different tastes out there! I’m glad that you liked these and found a bar that works for you.

I actually don’t like bars that are trying to be mock-candy bars at all. Give me dense doughy protein and I’m happy!

6. Those look so good! I’m on a serious Clif bar kick right now… but always looking for something new!

7. Jocelyn says:

Hmm never hear of it or see them. Isn’t there a candy bar called Oh Yeah? :) You’ll kick butt in LA!

8. David says:

They need to do some cross-marketing with Kool-Aid so they can both use the Kool-Aid Man and his “OH YEAH!”

I can totally back Danica up on this review. The little mini-bars are more expensive per ounce so I usually buy the larger bars, eat half, and then save the other half for the next day. Good stuff!

As far as where you can buy these (in addition to GNC), most nutrition stores carry these bars since they’re so popular. If you’re in the Houston area, check out Nutrition Depot–they’ve got 15 locations all over the place.

9. Jamie says:

My mouth = watering LOL I could go for one of those bars NOW!
    Good luck w/ your 20 miler! You can do it!

10. kristen says:

Bars look good, but their website doesn’t tell me where I can get them :(

11. Janeen says:

Yup. You got me hooked on these when I sampled a bite before Surf City. Definitely tasty! My other go-to is the EAS Myoplex Lite Chocolate Chip Crisp Bar.

those sound yummy! i’m just like you when it comes to food- i swear! i hate all kinda of nasty bars like that too but i’m seriously interested in trying them. I have these special K bars that are chocolate peanut butter that are full of fiber and yummyness but not something i would want to eat before/during a marathon! where did you find these gems?

13. Robyn says:

I might have to try these bc I hate every other type of energy or protein bar I’ve ever had!

14. liane says:

The name makes it sound like a candy bar. And anything that makes me think of candy is fantastic in my books :)

15. hmm, I am going to have to try these.

16. Lisa says:

I’m going to have to try those. You get them at GNC? I need a non-chocolate flavor to eat first thing in the a.m. I just can’t do chocolate until later in the day.

Clif discontinued my beloved Chai Tea Luna Bar, so I am on a quest for my new pre-run breakfast.

btw, you are tagged on my blog.

17. Heather says:

those bars do look yummy! May need to try one!

18. I definitely need a healthy, high protein snack for after my workouts, but like you, most of them taste bad and do nothing for my hunger. I will definitely have to give the Oh Yeah! bar a try… that gooey filling looks sooo good!

19. I’ve never even seen them… ? Wonder where they are. Sound good to me, though.

20. Those look really good!

My fave protein bars, though, are Clif BuilderBars. I haven’t found a match to them yet. :-)

21. Kirbey says:

Those do look good- ok, help me with something. I am always super hungry after a long run, usually craving something filling like pasta.. is that bad? Should I be eating something like a protein bar?

22. Tara says:

I love protein bars! haha I am a weirdo who likes all of them even the weird nasty ones…I don’t like chocolate really, but the peanut butter one sounds delicious!

23. LawGirl says:

I gave up chocolate for lent, but once it’s over I’ll have to try these. I always wish I liked energy bars but I really don’t, maybe this will help!

Thanks for the review!

24. They sell these at Gold’s Gym. I’ve had a sample. They ARE delicious. Eat them before I run sometimes!

Cliff is my personal fave but I agree that Oh Yeah!s taste great.

25. Jeff says:

I highly recommend the Peanut Butter and Caramel ones.

Easily my favorite. :)