Because Nobody Walks in LA!

Before we even get into the mess that is the LA Marathon, I just have to give a shout out to my roommate, who I am now revealing her actual name because she started her own company named Not So Cli-Shea. DJ is really Shea! Her real name is Shea and she started making baby clothes. You must understand that Shea is the super creative one of us. I have no patience for crafting and don’t have that eye for color, but SHE is AMAZING at it. Seriously, she has these great ideas and can make anything. I run, she crafts. We discussed how there is nothing much for babies out there with a running emphasis, and she took it and ran with it! Please tell me that you don’t want to pop out a baby tomorrow to wear these clothes. Even I do!

Marathon onesie with Flowers, and the heart on the back! If I saw this along the course I might shed a tear! I already get so emotional when I see a Go Mommy or Go Daddy sign, and this takes it to a new level.

Half Marathon with flowers and then a leopard running shoes with laces on a pink striped onesie. Yes, I’m dying over here.

How much do you love the gold medal one?! And the RING?! The winking owl is just adorable too! She is just getting her esty store set up and should have it up sometime next week and I will link you all to it. She is going to do some running clothes, and just a lot of really cute creative things and personalized stuff. I guess my running has rubbed off on her in some way! Right now she has a blog up and you can see a lot more of her creations there which is http://www.sheacrystal.blogspot.com. Maybe I can convince her to have a giveaway soon here :)

Back to the LA Marathon… So I bedazzled my MARATHON MANIACS Jersey for this weekend. When I first got the thing it was completely hideous. It was made to fit the waist line of a toddler and was super boxy. I am a proud maniac, but maniacs seem to not have any fashion sense.

Also, it was pretty boring. Therefore I bedazzled the words on the front. This took me two days.

I started the process in Shea’s crafting room. Yes, she has a crafting room. You know she’s hardcore.

All. those. little. rhinestones. Seriously. I put black rhinestones on the Marathon part of the jersey and also then the clear ones on the Maniac part.

TA-DA! Then we had to decide on an outfit. I can’t decide if I’m going to wear my booty shorts or my K-Swiss shorts that I got. I’m sure I’ll opt for the booty shorts, but we’ll see. I also thankfully got my aunt to add a section at the bottom of the shirt that makes it a bit longer, so you know, my stomach won’t be hanging out for everyone. That might be okay for some but this girl wanted a, let’s call it, a modesty panel.

It’s just a red Nike shirt that she cut up and sewed to the bottom. Yea, see how short it is. I am not one to show midriff, especially when running. So therefore, the totally altered maniacs jersey is ready to go.

As for goals. Now, I’m not sandbagging myself and if it turns out that I have an excellent race, I’m taking all this back, but I don’t think it will be my best race. I feel like I fell off the running bandwagon and then it backed over me and ran me over again on it’s way out. I feel fine physically, but I know I should have gotten in a few more miles for training. I am going to go out there and enjoy the race, which is my usual motto, but I know this bad boy might hurt, (that’s what she said) and I’m okay with it because I haven’t done the adequate training. Whatever happens, happens and at least it will be warm. I’m hoping to come in around 4:20 though, so we’ll see. It’s marathon number five, the sun will be shining, I’ll have some good tunes, tons of crowd support and I’m debuting my marathon maniacs jersey. It will be a good day.

Today I’m working the LA Marathon Expo with the Run Racing team until 8, so perhaps I’ll see some of you there! With that, I leave you with this song. Nobody Walks in LA! Well, at least I hope I don’t walk too much? :)

56 Responses to Because Nobody Walks in LA!

1. Olivia says:

The baby clothes are SO cute!! I always wished I was more crafty and creative. I always think I have good ideas but then never execute them well! So happy for your roomie – best of luck with everything! If I had a baby I’d for sure buy!

Loving what you did with the Maniac top. Very “chic runner!” Good luck this weekend! Can’t wait to read the recap!

2. Alex says:

Shea is amazing! I love the onsie with the medal. so cute! good luck this weekend. You will look amazing in your bedazzled shirt!

3. Lisa says:

Good luck this weekend!! Your singlet looks great and you will have a great time in it!!

Cute onesies. I didn’t run when my kids were babies, so I never had a need for anything like that. Toddler clothes, however….

4. Katie A. says:

So, when I get my Maniacs jersey in April, I will be hiring you and your aunt to deck it out like yours! Seriously, I will pay any amount to make is as cute and WEARABLE as yours!
    You are going to do awesome! Just rock the crowd and enjoy the run!
    Run strong, run fast and run safe! You going to be tweeting? Huggs girly!!!

5. skinnyrunner says:

nice work on the mm shirt! you are so right, they are super fug. well not yours anymore.
    best of luck this weekend!!

6. diana says:

I love what you did to the Marathon Manaics shirt!!!! It looks great.

Have a blast this weekend. You’ll run well.

7. Brandi says:

Love the baby clothes! I will have to do some shopping on her site!

You are creative! I wouldn’t have ever thought to do something like that to a race jersey but it looks great! Love it!

You are going to rock this weekend! Can’t wait to read the race recap!

8. rachael says:

You guys did an awesome job altering your shirt it’s realyl cute (it def. looks like it was short before)! Good luck this weekend!!

9. Shannon says:

Love that shirt! I’m not one to show my midriff either – I can’t believe how dang short that thing was!!!

You’ll do great in the marathon! Chin up!

10. Amy says:

First of all, the gold medal onesie?? OMG… I’m DYING. TOO CUTE.

Second of all… BeDAZZLED maniac jersey!!! I LOVE it. I have to be honest with you… I hate mine. It just has the weirdest cut. I’ve only worn it once (on the last leg of a relay) because it just fits so WEIRD. Its like enormous at the top and then tight and short at the bottom. I dunno…. I think it’s time for a Maniacs Jersey overhaul, myself. (hopefully that’s not blasphemy, but HELL if you do something that makes you a maniac… you should get rewarded with a well-fitting shirt!!!!!!).

Ok rant over…

Third of all.. GOOD LUCK. You rock it!

11. Leigh says:

Your roommate is very talented! Those baby clothes are adorable!

And spectacular job bedazzling your MM shirt…it’s pretty sweet now!

Good luck this weekend

12. Marlene says:

Why do they make those things so short???? Yours looks FAN with the modesty panel and bedazzling! Love it! :)

Good luck to Shea… she has some cute stuff!

13. Robyn says:

Great idea, and I’ll def keep Shea’s company in mind if anyone I know pops out a little one :)

14. Billy Burger says:

Sweetness.

Let’s do this Maniac. Let’s DO. THIS.

15. Holy crap, that maniac jersey is TEENY! I bet Shea could put some stuff on it and turn it into a baby shirt…yikes.

SUPER cute with the rhinestones and the panel at the bottom!!!! My pet peeve is shirts that are too short, so you did FAB!!! And it’s one-of-a-kind!

Good luck at LAM…MUB.

16. I am also aiming for around 4:20, but I am pretty beat up right now so I doubt it. This will also be marathon #5 for me!

17. liane says:

I love what you did to your maniac shirt! I’m sure everyone is going to be super jealous of it :)

Also, those onesies are freaking adorable. I too get all teary at the little kids on the sidelines cheering on their parents, so I’m sure if I saw a baby in one of those i’d shed a tear or two.

18. Sam says:

Oh my goodness, you did NOT bedazzle your yellow! That’s flippin’ awesome! You should send a picture of that to Steve Yee!

19. Nikki says:

I LOVE your adaptation on the Maniacs jersey! And good luck this weekend!

20. Alisa says:

LOVE that you bedazzled the maniacs shirt. I’ve seen them before and totally thought the same thing—fugly! Not yours with the awesome modesty panel and sparkles =).

Cute baby clothes, if I were into babies–me, I kinda hate babies and kids in general =).

21. Jess says:

I wish I knew someone with an itty bitty baby so I could buy them the super cute baby clothes!!

And I love your awesome Marathon Manics top. Good luck this weekend girl!

22. Jacklyn says:

Oh wow! Look at you two…so crafty. Is it bad that I want to borrow a child for my half this weekend to cheer me on in one of those. I’m going to call them singlets :)

23. Erin says:

Awesome job making that shirt into a one-of-a-kind. And actually wearable!

Speaking of the LA Marathon, did you see this article: http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lowery-marathon-20100319,0,6444549,full.story

24. aron says:

ohhhh the maniac jersey is looking CUTE!!! have fun out there D!!! will be cheering you on for nor-cal <3

25. The owl one is just the most adorable thing ever!!!!

And way to bedazzle your Maniac’s shirt! It looks totally cute now!!! :o)

Have fun this weekend – even if it’s not your best race! Just enjoy it – especially when you get to the finish line with that gorgeous Ocean view!!!

26. Sarah says:

Love the bedazzling!! What a fun way to make a boring shirt a little more fun. Looks fab on you. :)

Have a great race this weekend!

27. Brittney says:

The onsies are just adorable-good job Shea! I like the bedazzled jersey, so much sassier now!

28. Madison says:

Love what you did with that Marathon Maniac shirt. And you said you were not crafty…what?

29. Missy says:

Love the shirt! It looks very fantastic!

30. Erin F. says:

The baby clothes are adorbs! And good luck on Sunday! YAY! You’ll dominate and it’ll be awesome. Make sure to look out for Shia LaBeouf for me! (he’s running it, and I absolutely love him).

31. OK, the fact that your awesome DJ is a crazy crafter/sewer confirms it: I am the ideal roomie for both of y’all. I sew, I love to run, and I NEVER flash stomach :-)

You’re going to have a great marathon with the bedazzled and remixed jersey! And don’t think of it as undertrained–think of it as well-rested.

32. Erin K says:

Good luck this weekend :-) I live blocks from the finish and will be down there cheering for you and all my fellow So Cal runners!!

33. Ann says:

The shirt looks GREAT!
    I’ll be watching for you, I try to be at mile 23 after my morning run on the trails, I think mile 23 is a good place to cheer on runners for whom those last 3 miles will hurt.
    Good Luck, Have Fun, Enjoy!

34. I LOVE what you did! So creative!!! Woot Woot! And goodluck this weekend…you will rock it! Can’t wait for the recap!

35. Heather says:

Good Luck! The jersey looks a thousand times better. Maybe they will be inspired when you get to the race and take note of your bedazzling skills.

And I totally love the onesies.

36. Love it – so much better! You did a great job! The Maniacs should totes hire you to redesign the singlet!!!

37. Jessica says:

The jersey looks great!

My sister is having a baby in the spring and I’m going to totally hit up your roommate’s store. That one with the ring is super cute!!!

38. rioruns says:

Nice job on the shirt. Have a fun time on Sunday! Never know.. you may surprise yourself!

39. Kelli says:

Those baby clothes are adorable and your shirt is freaking fabulous!! Good luck!!

40. kassy says:

Those are cuteeee stuff and nice alteration on your run jerseys!

41. Rachel says:

wow, I’m OBSESSED with the bedazzled maniac shirt!! amazing! fabulous! can’t wait for Sunday!

42. RoadBunner says:

Those onesies are SUPER cute!!

Okay, so I couldn’t bring myself to join Marathon Maniacs mainly because I didn’t think I’d ever buy or wear one of their shirts. I don’t care so much about the logo or even the color but the CUT was just all wrong. You TOTALLY fixed it!! SO cute! You should go into business for them and I will join and buy one :)

I sent you an email… Hoping I can meet up with you Sunday. If I don’t see you, have a GREAT race!

43. X-country2 says:

I’m a little hormonal right now, but those onsies totally made me tear up. She’s been bookmarked!

44. Laurie says:

So todays the day, woo hoo!!! I was thinking of you during my 12 miler this morning. Of course it took me way too long. I have got to lose some weight and get faster! I was also hoping one day you might do a review on underwear. I have got to get something other than cotton but not sure if there is anything other than cotton? One Day!!! Good Luck!!!

45. I LOVE that you bedazzled your jersey. :P AND added a modesty panel! (My grandma always used to talk about how she likes that I put a “modesty panel” under my v-neck shirts so there’s no cleavage. I responded, “Grandma, it’s a cami. It’s separate. And what the heck is a modesty panel anyway?!”) haha..

46. Wendy says:

Your MM tank looks great! My husband I just watched all four sections of you and billy running the LA marathon course – it’s gonna help so much tomorrow so I just wanted to thank you again for posting those runs.

47. Joy says:

That is the BEST maniacs singlet EVER!!

48. J says:

Love the baby clothes and what you’ve done with your maniacs shirt! Good luck tomorrow!!

If i ever become a maniac i’m sending the jersey for you to bedazzle and for shae to make fabulous! it looks way better after you cute-ified it up! ha ha!! best of luck tomorrow sweetie!!!

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!