What is on my iPhone Version deux

First off, I want to say thank you for EVERY comment yesterday. I do read ALL the comments every day and everyone’s kind words and nice tweets and everything that was said to me was super encouraging and it meant so much to me. I am so happy!  I start there on the 24th of this month. It also means you all better get busy and be ready to run Long Beach! I expect you all there! :)

Secondly, I have added a special little feature to find me online if you so desire in the top of the right hand side of my site. There is my Twitter, Facebook, Examiner articles, Amazon store, RSS feed and YouTube channel. If you roll over the icons you can click over to the sites easily! I also moved a few more things around over there and tried to clean things up. Hope that makes it easier.

Now onto a random wonderful funny thing that I decided it was once again time to share. I did this a while ago, where I went through my iPhone and found all the pictures that made me laugh and then posted them to my blog. Since my iPhone is attached to my hand 99.9% of my life, I get some pretty good shots. Well here it seems to be round two of funny pictures off my iPhone!

Literally one morning when I woke up there were two boys sleeping like this on the chairs in our living area. Amazing on two factors. One the fact is that they fell asleep like this and two, the fact that they stayed there all night! The cave is walking distance from about 5 bars, so that leads to some interesting slumber parties of friends who come over and then can’t drive home. Funny picture none the less.

This was when I was at the local Fresh and Easy grocery store doing a little grocery shopping, which is rare when I found this amazing piece of work. I never had any idea this existed but I about died in the aisle when I saw it and of course had to take a picture and act like I wasn’t going to fall on the ground laughing.

This picture cracks me up! I am trying to be a total BA and taking chicken off the bones they come with. I am so proud of DJ and I’s newly found domestication skills this year, we’ve really done well making a LOT of dinners for ourselves, which includes planning,  cooking the meal and doing the dishes since we don’t have a dishwasher.

This happened while watching a show on TV one night randomly. That is a paused screen of our TV. The news was talking about Facebook, and low and behold, I glance over and see MY name on the screen when they showed a screen shot of Facebook! I had to pause it and take a picture, since it was pretty much the most random thing EVER and how many people are truly named Danica.

This is my cousins’ monster cat, Patchy! He is the same little kitten I found on a run back in the day! Look at how he’s grown! And how he looks like he’s wearing shorts! Yes, I also wear glasses regularly and am almost considered completely blind without them or my contacts. Friday fun fact.

My brother and I at Christmas lunch at my grandma and grandpas. Can you feel the family love radiating from us?

I got this from a friend in a text a while back and though it was pretty much the funniest thing I’ve ever seen in my life.

This was from DJ one evening. She was at a bar, I think called, Snug Harbor, which is fairly epic in itself and the fact that this was found there in the bathroom on the back of a stall door makes it about 500 times better.  I woke up to this picture since she texted me late at night and started DYING laughing. It’s funny little things that make my day.

This is a pig made of meat? I actually found this gem in LA one time after running part of the LA Marathon with Billy. It was at some crazy market and I saw it and about flipped out. Of course a picture was taken.

Cool another picture of my brother looking like he’s going to attack me! Actually, he does love me a lot and I love him too, but he loathes taking pictures! I always want to take a picture and this then occurs.

Sometimes at work I sit on conference calls and draw cool pictures and text them to my friends. This was my two friends Maritza, Tara and I. I don’t really know what is going on, but I love dinosaurs and thought this was appropriate.

This month it was groundhog day so I sent this out to my friends to wish them a happy and peaceful (?) Groundhog day! I know, I have pretty sweet art skills.

Lastly, this one was an iPhone screen shot I took the other day when I was on my way home. I needed directions and I noticed that Santa Monica was spelled wrong. MONIKA?! Is the iPhone becoming ghetto? I about died when I saw this and took a picture immediately. I used the scribble app as well to put the cool writing  on the picture. :)

It’s the little things in life isn’t it? Well this weekend I have a big 16 miler, some cleaning, some cooking and a Valentine! :) For Valentine’s Day I made some fun hearts to share with you guys via this website. I’ve seen some of my other fave bloggers doing it so I thought I would make some for myself :)

Hope you all have a fantastic day of love. I know I’ll sneak in a little morning run on the day of love as well. Ah running, how I big red mushy heart you!

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

36 Comments

• Reply Alex

I love it! Your bro and sis picks remind me of the way I torment my sister. I take awful pics of us and then make them my profile pic on fb. Makes her insane!

February 12, 2010 at 7:37 am
  • Reply CharmCityKim

haha – spotted dick? hahaha!

I take really random photos too and love looking back on them months later.

My last phone had a picture of a moving truck with the phrase “Eddie’s Sexy Mattress” written on it. I still laugh about it.

February 12, 2010 at 7:51 am
  • Reply Billy Burger

Your drawings still crack my shit up. To. No. End!

Haha…the dinosaur/volcano one is one I haven’t seen before. Nicely done. I want you to send me that so I can have it framed and hanging at my place!

February 12, 2010 at 7:53 am
  • Reply Niki

Haha love the IPhone pics! You always make me laugh!!

February 12, 2010 at 7:53 am
  • Reply Lisa

Fun! Some of your apps sound really cool. I need to learn more about my smartphone (not an iPhone) so I can do cool things like scribble. LOL.

Thanks for sharing a slice of your life.

February 12, 2010 at 8:04 am
  • Reply ShutupandRun

I don’t know which I like better, the spotted dick or the Hoff. Good thing the spotted dick and the hoff weren’t in the same photo. BTW, congrats on the new job. It is a perfect fit for you!

February 12, 2010 at 8:25 am
  • Reply Morgan

Love all the random! Happy Valentines Weekend!!!

February 12, 2010 at 8:26 am
  • Reply Marlene

Nothing like some good randomness for a Friday. Hilarious!

February 12, 2010 at 8:28 am
  • Reply Robyn

These are great, I love the 2 guys sleeping, so classic.

February 12, 2010 at 8:40 am
  • Reply RunningBlonde

Love the pics Danica! Esp. the spotted dick. Did you try it? Ha! Yee-uck! I think the British eat it. Love that you play with your brother. Keep posting pics of your cute running clothes. Love, love, the orange top from yesterday…and by the way, the guy on the bike that was distracted by you, did he ever crash? Ha!

February 12, 2010 at 9:14 am
  • Reply Leigh

Hahhahha you have officially posted the most random yet hilarious pictures ever!

Thanks for giving me a morning laugh to start my day off right! :)

February 12, 2010 at 9:19 am
  • Reply J

Maybe some day I will get an iPhone…we will see! I love all the photos! Have a good weekend!

February 12, 2010 at 9:20 am
  • Reply Vic

Love it!

February 12, 2010 at 9:26 am
  • Reply 5 Facts Valentine Edition <3 « Run, Research, Repeat

[…] Happy Valentine’s Day and Mardi Gras! Make your own candy hearts here (Thanks Danica!) […]

February 12, 2010 at 9:34 am
  • Reply Alisa

You are ALL over the net!

LB is on my maybe list, I’d love to come down to SoCal for a beach side race I just don’t know how I’m going to feel after Barb’s race =).

Having and iphone is great for snapping random pictures.

February 12, 2010 at 9:56 am
  • Reply Nikki

Love the pics!!! My phone has a ton of old random pics too that crack me up :)

1)sorry we didn’t meet up at Surf City! my phone doesn’t have internet and I realized when I got to CA that I had no way of contacting you. FAIL. My friends finished at 1:56 and 1:58, so they were close to you!

2)congratulations on the job! I’m just now catching up on blogs. You start on my birthday! That’s definitely a good sign! And now I wish Chicago weather had gotten me stuck in CA all week so I could run in Long Beach this weekend! :)

February 12, 2010 at 10:04 am
  • Reply liane

Ok, those pics are fantastic. It makes me realize I should probably start putting the camera on my blackberry to better use… as in actually taking some pictures!

February 12, 2010 at 10:05 am
  • Reply Jaime

I had to come out of lurking to tell you I love the cat! And how huge is she? Thank you for saving her. All of my pets are from the streets (2 dogs/3 cats)!

I also love to run, but I live in Kentucky and it won’t quit snowing! Or being SOOO COLD! At least I’m not in DC or the other areas with even more snow.

February 12, 2010 at 10:13 am
  • Reply Tara

Dude, I die everytime I look at that groundhog…yes, it is saved in my phone as well! haha ♥ love you monkey bunz….I shall see you soon!!!!

February 12, 2010 at 10:19 am
  • Reply Jocelyn

I love all the pictures from your iPhone. You have captured some great shots :)

February 12, 2010 at 10:20 am
  • Reply Jacklyn

Oh my gosh, so funny! A friend sent me this today and for some reason I think it would fit your sense of humor. I died laughing. Some keepers on this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bomkgXeDkE&feature=youtu.be

February 12, 2010 at 10:46 am
  • Reply Heather

love love love your funny pics! I always take goofy pics with my phone, it’s great!
    I think the Jesus BRB is my favorite

February 12, 2010 at 12:01 pm
  • Reply x-country2

Your life is waaaay more interesting than mine. Way.

February 12, 2010 at 1:05 pm
  • Reply Libby

First off, Love those pictures. Secondly, your groundhog looks surprising similar to my mascot from college. U of Minnesota- Goldy the gopher- check it out, pretty much the same haha

February 12, 2010 at 1:40 pm
  • Reply Madison

I’m afraid to ask what exactly is “spotted d$%@”? Is it edible? I’m curious because it sounds like a dessert and I am all about sweets…hahaha. Have a wonderful weekend Danica! Thanks for sharing these funny iPhone photos. My sister does this too. The random things that end up on people’s phone is pretty funny. I did my second 20 miler today. It is my second one in preparation for LA. It kicked my butt and now I just want some chocolate and to curl up in a fetal position and lay there all day. Luckily it is a long weekend for me so I probably will be doing alot of that! Happy V-Day!

February 12, 2010 at 1:46 pm
  • Reply Katie A.

Congrats! I miss your blog for 1 day and I miss big news like that! Sheesh!
    Love the phone stuff…can you text me the Jesus BRB? That had me on the floor! Happy V-Day girly!!

February 12, 2010 at 2:32 pm
  • Reply joerunfordom

Danica – I always know where to come for a smile. Thank you for starting off my weekend with the right attitude. 16’s must be on the schedule this weekend – have a great run – will catch up after the weekend.

Best from Austin, Joe

February 12, 2010 at 3:26 pm
  • Reply Ashley

I just found your blog and love it!! i can’t wait to read more and I am so excited for you and all you have ahead of you. I am a new and obsessed runner so I love reading anything and everything about it! Good luck on the marathon (i have only done 1/2’s) and i am running my first full in july at the SF Marathon!

February 12, 2010 at 5:41 pm
  • Reply Shannon @ Living Like Shannon

That’s insane about the facebook thing.

Love your blog btw :)

February 13, 2010 at 8:35 am
  • Reply nd

That is so funny about the facebook thing – I follow your blog and another with a Danica. And I was just watching a story on Danica Patrick the racer chic. I always thought it was DAN-EEKA not Dan-ick-a

February 13, 2010 at 8:56 am
  • Reply runner26

happy valentines day! love the hearts ;) also, nice pics!

February 14, 2010 at 7:21 am
  • Reply David

happy valentine’s danica–funny post!

February 14, 2010 at 11:57 am
  • Reply Maggie @ It Is Everlasting

I love you. That’s all!

February 15, 2010 at 4:15 pm
  • Reply Sarah W.

how do u take a picture of the screen of your iphone? like a screen shot?? i do it all the time accidentally but have no idea HOW to do it!!! email me back w/ drirections i’d appreciate it thanks!

February 16, 2010 at 9:35 am
  • Reply Nobel4Lit

I’ve seen that “Spotted Dick” before at imports store, and yes, I immaturely point it out every time. Ha ha.

February 16, 2010 at 11:22 am
  • Reply Marathon Maritza

I think since I’m the shortest, I am the last one in that drawing. Does that triangle skirt make me look fat?

Love ya, schnookums!