Weekend of Fun!

Surf City was a super fun race and I’m really glad I got to run it with some of my favorite girls. A full race report will be up most likely tomorrow! Stay tuned for some fun videos and pictures. Luckily it didn’t rain and everything went off without much problems.

Aron, The Birthday Girl Kristin and myself right around mile 5. It was such a nice day out and everything was so clear and clean! Thank goodness for no rain!

On the ‘out and back’ part of the race. It’s a FAR way out and a FAR way back in. Great day though with some of my favorite people! Billy also ran with us too.

The superbowl was great too! I’m glad the Saints won, and there were some good commercials, my favorite. There was also some good chips and dip. :)

I have the race report, a giveaway and a cool review of the new KSwiss store in Santa Monica. KSwiss is partnered with the LA Marathon so I went up there to get some cool LA Marathon gear this weekend and it was so cool. Can’t wait to post the review! Today is a rest day and I feel fine after yesterday. Guess all those marathons toughened me up! Check out my article on the Examiner about when Saucony came to the local running store. There is even a slide show of pictures to click through. Enjoy!

26 Responses to Weekend of Fun!

1. Beth B. says:

Hey Danica – glad you had a good run and the weather was good. Can’t wait to read your race report. You gals look great in your pink tops!

2. Stuart says:

Look at y’all Pretty in Pink!

Amen on the rain!

3. Anna says:

GLAD IT DIDN’ RAIN ON YOU! I’m not a pink girl but you guys look so cute in it! Yay! for fun races!

4. joerunfordom says:

Danica – great job yesterday – you guys look like it was a walk in the park. Amazing what a half feels like after running a few (more than a few for you) fulls.

Take good care, can’t wait to see your race report.

Best from Austin,

Joe

5. Rinus says:

Nice pics and a good fun run.
    And Saucony is my marathon/ultra shoe!.
    Rinus.

6. Man, it looks gorgeous out there. Looking forward to your recap!

7. Nobel4Lit says:

Hey, I saw you when I was walking to my corral. I should have said hi, but we were both walking at a breakneck pace!

8. aron says:

SO MUCH FUN! I wish I could run every race with you :) cant wait for your full report!

9. Morgan says:

Glad to hear you had a good run! I can’t wait for the recap! Love the pink ladies!

10. Sarah B says:

I don’t know that I have ever commented before but I have been following your blog for a few months or so now. I did the Half also and totally saw you at the race and was like “Oh my gosh, I think I know her.” Couldn’t figure it out and than it hit me…”Oh my gosh, I read her blog!” But my response was much more energetic and giddy and my husband was like “What, is she a celebrity or something?” By my reaction you would have thought so….lol. And wasn’t yesterday just the perfect day for a run. Good stuff, good stuff.

11. Susan says:

I love the matching outfits!!

12. Alisa says:

ahhhhh my ideal running weather! Looks like a great time. Excited to read the report and I’m happy it wasn’t surf shitty this year.

13. Marlene says:

Look at you 3, all cute & matching! Looking forward to the full report.

14. Do I spy a hunt of monkey buns?? That means a great race was had! Can’t wait for the recap…

15. Rachel says:

LOVE love love your site. You are a great inspiration to me! I’m doing my very first official 5k this weekend and I’m excited to get more involved in the running world.

16. Tara says:

Love the pics! sad I wasn’t able to come down and run with you girls :( we shall be reunited soon ♥

17. Madison says:

Is there really anything better than running along the beach? I think not. Can’t wait for the race report. Too many people there, didn’t see you at all. But the run was great!

18. Heather says:

great job, looks like it was a pretty day!

WHO DAT? GO SAINTS!

19. Nina says:

AMAZING! So glad it didn’t rain. LOVE the pink and of course, the monkey buns! Have a great week!

20. Felice says:

Great pics! Looks like you all had fun :-)

yay! great job hun! sounds like a kick butt race with the girls!!! miss you & wish we could run one for fun together!!!! hope you have a good week! xxoxoxoxoxo

22. Karin says:

You’re monkey buns are awesome :-) Glad you had a great race with beautiful weather !

23. laurel says:

You all look so cute! What a fun race!

And I am so jealous of the warm weather and sunshine.

24. Very cool pics! It’s always fun to run with such great friends!

25. Jocelyn says:

Love those pictures! can’t wait to read the report

26. Alex says:

Look like a great time! Love the videos