Wait, you run?

I knew I would have to squeeze in a run this morning. I haven’t ran since Tuesday morning and even though the sheets were so warm and my bed was practically screaming for me to stay there, as I shuffled out onto the hardwood floors I knew I wouldn’t regret it. Morning runs are by far the hardest for me. I love sleeping in and I love being warm and snuggly in my bed. I just got new sheets to and there is nothing better than crispy sheets!

So last night, when I fell asleep it was raining. I was worried it would still be raining when I woke up, but to my excitement it wasn’t and I laced up my shoes and got ready. Nice how the biggest decision in my life this morning was whether to wear capris or shorts and a long sleeve or a short sleeve. I opted for one of my fave long sleeves and as I strapped on Claude and my iPod, I had one of those moments where everything seemed like it was clicking together and I would have on of those glorious runs, where it seems like you can run forever and your legs will never get tired.

As I stepped outside the clean rain washed air welcomed me and I started off on the familiar five mile path I travel around through town. There’s something about damp concrete that has just been washed from the rain. Everything is so clean and fresh and overwhelming. While I was running I just felt like everything was working together. It’s those runs that happen rarely, but when they do it’s like finding a lost diamond ring. They renew everything and remind me why I do run.

Yesterday someone asked me what I do for fun. I responded with, “Running.” It’s true. I enjoy and love to run. I do run for fun.

26 Responses to Wait, you run?

1. Jose says:

What a fun update! Don’t fear the rain though, some of my favorite runs have been rain soaked, sweaty, endorphin fests!

2. Olivia says:

So jealous you get to enjoy the lovely Cali weather! It’s snowing right now :/ You are so right about the dampness on the concrete. I never would have thought to describe it that way, but now I can’t wait until Spring where I can FINALLY start running in the morning again. Love this post. Really simple but at the same time it says so much.

3. man, I LOVE those runs!

♥♥♥

4. I love to run right after the rain. It is just peaceful!

5. Wow, this makes me wish today wasn’t a rest day!! I LOVE running too! Sounds like a run to be jealous of. :) :)

6. Yeah, if you could only bottle some of that air and throw it my way, I would love running too! Right now it’s snowing buckets outside my window…just sayin’

Glad to hear running is so much fun for you…you know I do =)

7. Marlene says:

Sounds like a *great* run – definitely worth getting out of bed for!

8. Heather says:

awesome, there is nothing like a really good run!

9. Emily says:

I love this post! And I can’t wait to wake up to wet concrete vs. a foot of snow. I’m so ready to move my training from the treadmill to the road.

10. Vic says:

Love those special runs!

11. Robyn says:

Isn’t it funny how something you can love, others look at a source of dread?

12. Ah…a girl after my own running heart! :) Happy Thursday!

13. Steve says:

Your post reminded me of this classic Nike commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTvJ8clMWX0

14. I love when that happens!

15. Colleen says:

I love a good run like that! It’s so nice when that happens. I’m due for one soon.

16. Amy says:

Got goosebumps reading that, I know exactly how those runs feel!

17. Sarsh says:

Seriously, one of the best feelings ever is having better weather for your run than you anticipated. It’s like mother nature’s little gift especially for you, and helps everything fall into place.

18. Alisa says:

Love this post! I haven’t had one of those runs in a long time. So glad you had a great run! A great workout in the morning can really make an entire DAY.

Hope you’re having a fab week at your new job. SO excited for you.

19. Felice says:

Love those runs! So nice that you had a good one.

20. Rinus says:

Thats what i like, run ehit fun and morning run is not always fun ;-).
    And morning rain is better than Snow!.
    Have fun.
    Rinus.

21. carpeviam says:

I love that answer. And, ME TOO, ME TOO!

22. Oh me too!! I envy the fact that you don’t have to dress in layers to run! Lucky girl!

23. I just really like this post. That’s all!

24. StephanieC says:

I can’t wait to have one of those runs. still enjoying it, just not THAT much yet. Lovely post. you make me smile.