Rice-a-roni, the San Francisco Treat!

So this weekend pretty much was amazing! I had so much fun in one of my favorite cities and I was so happy to meet up with Tara, Kristin, Aron, Page, and Martiza. I stayed with Tara and Martiza and we had a blast together. They live in the Easy Bay so I wasn’t technically in San Francisco the entire time but we did make it into the city on Sunday. I landed in the afternoon on Friday and we took my luggage back and got prepped to grab a late lunch/early dinner. We ended up at this AMAZING Mexican restaurant and I had a veggie quesadilla. No meat for me, still going strong! It was SO good and we partook in some delish margs too. We had some fun that night and just hung out and talked.

We stopped by the grocery store on the way home to get some snacks and I saw this bottle of champagne. I LOVE champagne and this is pretty much the cutest bottle I’ve ever seen. :)

We ran Saturday morning and it was simply gorgeous! I got to run on the infamous Iron  Horse Trail and meet Aron’s doggies! They are so sweet, and huge in real life! I ran ten miles and felt pretty strong. I actually ran decent splits too, so that worked out great and I was happy with how I felt. I wore my new K-Swiss shoes which are actually broken in now and I really like them! I started with Maritza, ran a mile with the pups and Aron and Tara and then caught up to Kristin and was able to run the last 5 with her. It was a great day and to top off the wonderful running adventure we went to my favorite place in Walnut Creek for brunch and it was amazing per usual!

Then T, M and I laid around for about 5 hours and took naps and watched the Olympics. We were all lazy and tired! It was a great break though and we rallied up a little later to head out to dinner and finally met up with our friend Page! It was so fun and we ended up making an appearance at a bar that we normally go to as well when I’m up there. It was a blast.

Sunday was our day to go into the City, my favorite thing! I love San Francisco and driving over the bridges. We drove over the Bay Bridge and were soon in the city at Union Square.

Union Square area holds a ton of stores and sites. We wandered through Macy’s for quite a while and then realized that we were STARVING. Cheesecake factory at the top of Macy’s, overlooking Union Square it was. :)

Rain, rain, not surprising in San Fran!

To keep up with the ‘no-racing’ theme of the weekend we had some tasty drinks with lunch. It was delish and we were stuffed after! We then decided to try to walk it off a little bit and I wanted to hit up my fave store, Forever 21.

I saw this. Had too. <3

Then the mecca was spotted! Look at that little creeper in the picture. I was so excited and pretty much got lost in the three story Forever 21. Sadly, I didn’t buy anything because I wasn’t totally sold on any particular find, but they had a ton of cute stuff and T and M got a lot of cute stuff. It was a successful trip.

On our way back to the car, we saw a couple asking a homeless person if he wanted a pizza if they bought it for him. He responded, “Well… actuallllllllly.” We had to laugh. There was another sign that said ‘I’m not going to lie, it’s for beer.’ Well if it wasn’t done before I would have laughed at that one too.

Then I saw a traditional trolly and had to take a touristy picture on it as well.

Being the sports fanatic and Olympic lover that I am, and that T and M are, we got back just in time to watch the USA vs. Canada Hockey game and made up a pretty cool drinking game to watch and play while we cheering for our team.

1 drink = USA goal. 2 drinks = Canada goal. 2 drinks = Power play either team. 1 drink = Puck off the ice. 1 drink = Broken stick.

We were only playing with Coors light, so one drink was just a drink of beer. It’s not like we were taking shots or drinking a full drink. It was a great game though and we were super excited during it. Jasper was even excited and was holding up his foam finger for USA!

Then I got way sucked into Ice Dancing and was watching that until way too late and I had to leave the next morning :( Sad, sad times. BUT it was a great weekend, I got in a great run and am feeling ready to tackle the 5k this weekend and then a 20 miler next weekend. Then it’s taper time for LA! I can’t believe how close it’s coming. Thank you again to everyone who showed me another great time up in Northern California. It was HELLA FUN.

Today is the first day at my new job. :)

37 Responses to Rice-a-roni, the San Francisco Treat!

1. Looks like you had a great time!

2. Robyn says:

Looks like you had such a fun trip!

3. Bonnie says:

Awesome. I want to visit SF so bad! Good luck with your new job!

4. Marlene says:

SO jealous of your fun girls’ weekend in San Fran! Looks like a blast! Must have been a nice way to change things up from your usual racing weekends.

5. Ally says:

What a fun weekend! And yay for the new job! Hope the first day is fantastic (I’m sure it will be).

6. liane says:

What a fun weekend!
    have a great first day at the new job :)

PS. I’m pretty much addicted to all things olympic at this point, I’m not sure how I will survive come Monday when it is no longer on

7. Jocelyn says:

Sounds like a fun time! :) I had fun playing the drinking game with you girls

8. Sarah says:

Your purse is super cute! What kind is it?

9. aron says:

i am still mad we didnt at least get a pic at brunch of all of us!! BOOO :( oh well, next time!

so glad i got to see you for a bit :) have a great first day at work today!!!

10. Have a great first day, pookie!

I had so much fun with you up here, it was epic! Now I’ll move, then T moves and we will own SoCal. The End.

11. Vic says:

Fun! And have a great first day at your new job. I bet it was great to unwind and recharge in SF before you get down to business.

12. Melissa says:

Have an amazing first day at your new job!

PS. The red bag you are carrying in those photos – I LOVE!

13. Lisa says:

LOL, you went to La Fogata… I eat there ALL THE TIME. Looks like a fun trip.

14. Sesa says:

Hey, my running club ran Iron Horse Trail last Saturday!

I actually saw a brunette in a pink, long-sleeved top running, and I thought she was you, but she was running on her own. Glad you had a good time in the East Bay.

Good luck on your first day!

15. Sydney Hunter says:

good luck at your new job. Sure you will do awesome!!!!!! Your pics make me want to go to SF!

16. Heather says:

good luck at the new job!
    your weekend sounds so fun!

17. David says:

$10.50 for ONE FISH TACO?!? man it seems so unreal…you can get TWO (pretty spectacular) fish tacos here in tejas for 5 or 6 bucks…nuts.

and union square is awesome–when i was there in August they had a huge art show and it was a clear, sunny day in the 50s…it was stunningly beautiful

18. Tara says:

I LOVE you kooooooooooie! I am glad that you got to visit and we didn’t have to run a race! However, we drank and ate like it was going out of style! U-S-A! ♥♥♥

19. Alisa says:

Fun weekend! Wish I was still in norcal too.

Hope you have a great time at the new job.

20. Jessica says:

Good luck at the new job!!!

You and the red-head look like you could be sisters….seriously!

21. Enjoy your first day at your new job! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend!

22. Elisabeth says:

Looks like a really fun weekend.
    Good luck with the new job today!

23. Sarah says:

Jealous of your fun weekend! I hope you had a great first day today, too!

24. Holly says:

Do you know how close you were to me?? My new man lives in Concord and I was there all weekend. Shoot! And why aren’t you coming on March 6th for Aron’s blogger run meetup? OR ARE YOU?

25. Kari says:

sounds like a great trip!! my husband and I used to live in the East Bay. he worked for the city of san ramon & i worked for danville. it’s so beautiful up there!! i miss it!

26. DJ says:

I’ve been to that forever! When I went to SF with Shawn. I was so overwhelmed that I didnt buy anything either!

but… HE DID! haha. that little metro…

27. YOU look STUNNING in these pictures…oh to have a tan!

28. Thank you for the pictures — totally missing SF now! Glad you had fun in my neck of the woods! :)

29. Aaaaahhh, all those odd twitter updates last weekend finally all make sense. Love the pics and the drinking game! I secretly heart SF…really really do. Anyway, great trip, great friends, what could be better! Glad you had so much fun!

30. Erin says:

It looks like you had a great time! And good luck at the new job!

31. Page says:

Yaya for Danica is the Baaay! It was so great to hang out…come back soon! Oh wait, I’ll see you in less than a month in LA. Eek!

32. Kristin says:

Awesome weekend, glad you were here! I might be heading to So Cal soon, you will need to show me your running hood :) Good luck at the new jobie job! xoxo

33. nicole says:

Sounds like a great weekend!! We should plan a girls trip & meet somewhere! ahh that would be AMAZING!

34. Looks like you had a blast! Hope your first day at work was great :)

35. Michael says:

Excellent write up!

I’m also in the East Bay, but enjoy reading blog write ups when people visit. I remember the first few times I visited the City, and the sense of adventure never really vanishes!

36. Looks like you had an amazing trip!

How is the new job going?

37. RoadBunner says:

I am so sad I was away the weekend you were here but it looks like you had an awesome trip! Next time!!!