Olympics!

I love all sports so when the Olympics come on I get super excited. It’s so many great sports and exciting races and videos rolled into two jam packed weeks.  I love watching the athletes compete and get so excited when watching certain events. I love the skating, the hockey, skiing, snowboarding, all of it. AND I was lucky enough to get a pair of Vancouver Olympic mittens to watch the Olympics in! I love wearing them and every time I see someone wearing them on TV I get so excited. Yes, I watch the Olympics in 80 degree weather here in Southern California with mittens on!

I know for many of the athletes these sports are their lives. I can’t even imagine being at their level and the stress, pressure and crazy amounts of training that they do day in and day out to make them the best in the world. So I found some sick videos that showcases some of the athletes and their training skills on Visa Go World’s YouTube channel. To be at their level it takes sick skills and TONS of training. I have such respect!

This is Angela Ruggiero’s Workout on the beach. She is freaking ripped and has some good points. I do the bridges that you do on one arm and they kill me! You can really feel those. I also have done burpees and know that they are a great workout too!

This is Ryan St. Onge’s breakfast before training. Talk about fueling up! Sheesh. It’s insane the amount of calories a lot of these athletes burn during work outs. Since they are working out so much their metabolism is so incredibly high.

This is skier Julia Mancuso working on a slack line. This amount of balance she has is INSANE. I wouldn’t even be able to stand on that line for one second.

This is Lindsey Jacobellis doing some outdoor training. I can feel my little baby muscles burn just watching this!

This is Ryan St. Onge again and he is a freestyle aerialist and this is the CRAZIEST video I’ve seen. I have wondered how they practice this and this is such a cool video and shows exactly how they practice. I would never be able to do this ever but I have a lot of respect for him and how he excels at what he does.

You can see way more videos from the Visa GoWorld YouTube channel too. There are some sweet workouts in there and it makes you respect the athletes so much more!

Since I love running, I had to include one of my favorite videos of Josh Cox, the American record holder in the 50k (30 miles)

He is running with Ryan Hall, who oddly enough I saw run in high school since we were in the same CIF divisions and were at some of the same races. Man, he’s amazing and so is Josh. The fact that Josh can run 30 miles in 2:54, about an hour faster than I run a whole marathon blows my mind. It’s a little long but to be running that pace at the end of that distance just shows what an incredibly talented athlete he is. They were running in Mammoth where I used to go for cross country camp back in high school. The training up there is amazing. Now I’m inspired to run fast and kick butt!

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

26 Comments

• Reply Jocelyn

So many of those work outs I want to do now! I’m already starting to play what I will do after my run tonight! Have fun on the slops!

February 18, 2010 at 7:47 am
  • Reply Betsy

I’d say that video of Josh was not long enough!!! I could watch him run shirtless for hours. And oh lord, the view!!

However, you know you’re a runner when you can watch someone just run on youtube for a very long time and not get bored.

February 18, 2010 at 7:54 am
  • Reply TorontoGirloutWest

LOL Oh the mittens……….. Are you going to wear them on your cruise too!?!? You should totally wave with them as you pull in and out of the Port of Vancouver! lol

February 18, 2010 at 8:01 am
  • Reply Kelly

I want some mittens!!

February 18, 2010 at 8:10 am
  • Reply Niki @ Niki's Neverending Adventure

Love the videos!! Especially the Ryan St Onge one! That is awesome!! Thanks for sharing!

February 18, 2010 at 8:52 am
  • Reply Marlene

I love that you’re rcking the red mittens! Too cute.

Those are some insane videos… these athletes make me feel like such a softy! LOL!

February 18, 2010 at 9:09 am
  • Reply Leigh

Those are some crazy videos! I watched the one with Ryan St. Onge…those are some crazy skills! I wish I could just launch myself off a jump and do pretty twist and turns like him! haha.

I was having a giveaway of a pair of the Olympic mittens but only two people entered…so if anyone reads this and would love the chance to win a pair of the mitts, stop on by my blog! :)

February 18, 2010 at 9:17 am
  • Reply Kim K @ 12 Month Marathon

I love the mittens! Do they have the Canadian flag on the palm?

I wonder if I can find an aerial training center for non-Olympic snowboarders…that counts as cross training, right? :)

February 18, 2010 at 9:56 am
  • Reply Erin

I love those videos, especially the one of Josh Cox. That Johnny Cash song playing in the background is awesome.

February 18, 2010 at 10:19 am
  • Reply kristen

Cool vids. That freestyle one was crazy!! My neighbors have a slack line. Cross country high school boys would come over and walk on it. Insane!

February 18, 2010 at 10:26 am
  • Reply nicole

those mittens are sick!

February 18, 2010 at 10:55 am
  • Reply RoadBunner

You are too cute. I can totally see you sitting in your warm house with your mittens on watching the Olympics!

I started standing on a balance board, one minute each night to work on my balance.

February 18, 2010 at 11:14 am
  • Reply Beth B.

That was awesome; thanks for sharing. Wow.

February 18, 2010 at 11:43 am
  • Reply Jules

Holy food! I cannot believe that breakfast! I don’t think I could workout for at least 4 hours after eating a meal like that lol. Love your blog, Danica!

February 18, 2010 at 12:33 pm
  • Reply Lauren

These athletes are incredible! Great post. I’m super jealous of your sweet Olympic mittens! My bro in law is in Whistler right now, I should have him get me some!

February 18, 2010 at 1:26 pm
  • Reply Katy @ These Beautiful Feet

That video of Josh is amazing and so freaking inspiring!! AH! I want to run a 5 min. mile. ;) Sha, right. Still, that’s super motivating.

February 18, 2010 at 2:19 pm
  • Reply Lara

I love watching the profiles of the Olympians on TV, and see what kind of workouts they do. Absolutely kills me to see them standing on the balance ball doing one-legged squats, like 50 of them in a row. I can’t even do one! Boo-hoo!!!

February 18, 2010 at 2:41 pm
  • Reply Tara

oh how I love me some Josh Cox in tiny shorts and no shirt ♥ haha those videos are sick and I wish I could eat a breakfast like that everyday…oink oink!

February 18, 2010 at 5:15 pm
  • Reply Julie @ Wearing Mascara

They are FIERCE! Did you see the recent Biggest Loser when they went to their training camp? Ah-mazing.

February 18, 2010 at 5:29 pm
  • Reply J

Seriously those are some sick videos! Wouldn’t it me nice to just be a sponsored athlete and train all the time doing a sport you love!

February 18, 2010 at 5:32 pm
  • Reply Daryl

Thanks for sharing the running video – the Johny Cash song might be one for a long distance run!

February 18, 2010 at 6:36 pm
  • Reply Daryl

Thanks for sharing the running video – I might go to iTunes and pick up the Johnny Cash song for a long run too!

February 18, 2010 at 6:38 pm
  • Reply liane

Ok, I really want to see a picture of you in your running gear and rocking the mittens running down the beach, with palm trees in the background.
    That would crack me up :)

February 18, 2010 at 10:39 pm
  • Reply Glenn Jones

I worked out for a while with a Gold/Silver Medal rower. He was *amazing*. If yu ever get a chance to work out with one you should. They are not of this world from a physical ability standpoint, and are a true picture of passion. Face it – if they didn’t love their sport, there is no way they would have been able to become what they are.

February 19, 2010 at 10:46 am
  • Reply sassymolassy

Thanks for sharing the videos with us, Danica! They’re great.

February 21, 2010 at 7:46 pm
  • Reply Blog#5:Blog report | Kays World

[…] Danica. “Olympics”. The Chic Runner. 18 Feb. 2010. Web. 20 Feb. 2010. http://chicrunner.com/olympics/ […]

February 24, 2010 at 2:49 am