K-Swizzle!

This past weekend I wanted to cruise up to Santa Monica (roughly fifty minutes from my house) to see what the new K-Swiss store was like and to get some LA gear since they are the official apparel provider for the LA Marathon. I was also interested in seeing their options of running shoes since we all know now that my Nikes will rest in peace and I must branch out and try different kinds of shoes to see what works for me. I wanted to see what my options were and I knew the store, which opened recently would be a cool place to check out the LA Marathon gear. It’s in a very cool area of town and is the only K-Swiss running store in America. I really liked the openness of the store and how it was small but they had lots of LA Marathon apparel. Everyone at the store was super friendly and attentive and knowledgeable. I showed them my bloody Nikes and they were helpful in finding me a shoe that compared and also would last. While I was trying on shoes I snapped a couple pictures throughout the store.

This is the apparel section of the store. It’s not a huge selection but they had a lot of sizes and the stuff they did have is really well made. I LOVE the LA Marathon tank. Again, me and my love for nice fabrics, all their stuff is super soft and I could have dropped some serious chump change in here!

You can customize your K-Swiss shoes if you wanted too. The shoes that I looked at were pretty neutral in color, which I liked as well, but they also had some CRAZY shoes with crazy colors. I try to stick to very plain shoes for the most part though.

The front of the store and also the treadmill that they have in store so you can try out the shoes that you are looking at. I tried out a pair of shoes on the treadmill and I really liked how they felt and how light they were.

All the super cute LA Marathon gear! I can’t wait for the LA Marathon and all their clothes made it more ‘real’. It’s going to be such a fun race and I’m super excited to see more of the apparel that they come out with! It was also nice to see how the fit of some of the clothes looked like, gasp! They were actually made to fit a female or a male. Crazy idea I know.

I saw this V-neck and I loved the fabric. It looks so breathable and I really liked the logo and colors they are using for the clothes. Another thing I really liked (and I’m not very ‘fashionable’ so take this with a grain of salt) is the fact that the logo and date are not plastered all over the whole entire shirt. It’s actually something you can wear again. The only race gear I have ever bought was from the Malibu Marathon because it’s a super cute green American Apparel type shirt and it was the inaugural race and I felt special running it. I usually never purchase any race gear for the reason of it being hideous, but these, I like.

Close up of the Tank. Love the purple accent and how soft the material was. Not totally sold on white, since, ahem, I am not a stick figure but it will look great on many!

The other side of the store. I really liked how it wasn’t cluttered and tons of stuff everywhere. I like things nice and neat and clean and they showcased all their shoes, which I think is most important.

All the Ironman shoes were SO cool. They made me think about doing one in a long, long time. :) The flags and colors they had showcased were really nice and they really had a wide selection of shoes there, which surprised me.

The wall of K-Swiss shoes!

So I ended up with this beautiful jacket, which I may be in love with and I’m pretty sure it’s my new go-to. I LOVE the color, the fit is great, and my favorite part is the fact that it’s not LA Marathon’ed out all over the place. I want to represent but I don’t want to go overboard!

I also got these shoes, which I had the opportunity to take out for their first spin yesterday. I may have been a little over zealous taking them for a 7 miler right off the bat, but they held up well and I would say are somewhat comparable to my Nikes.

I really liked the cushion of the shoe. The first two miles were a bit clumsy as I haven’t ran in different shoes in a long time, and I felt like they just fit a little differently but I do think that I like them and the feel of them. It’s just a test to see what shoe works for me so they are just a test. I’ll have to get new shoes in two months anyways, so we’ll see if these are a good fit for me. I liked how light they were though and also, there was no blood! Big win! I’ll keep you updated on the testing and how I like them. I really like how they fit my toes though. I am a little scared, but at the same time, I’m excited to try them out. If they work, they work, if they don’t, the hunt continues for a shoe that doesn’t bloody my feet up!

You can check out all the SUPER cute gear for LA for Men and Women and also if you are in the area, stop by the store. The K-Swiss workers are super friendly and helpful and you might be surprised to find that you might like the shoes!

30 Responses to K-Swizzle!

1. Heather says:

very cool store! I like that jacket, the color is super cute! I agree, some race stuff has way to much advertising, etc. on it, I like the subtelness of that jacket!

2. Punk Rock Runner says:

You are truly THE goodwill ambassador for the LA Marathon. I need to make it down there to check out the Ironman stuff. Great post today :-)

3. Billy Burger says:

Nice.

This must be Chris Lieto’s home away from home.

I gotta swing by to pick up some LA Marathon stuff.

Hope the new kicks cures your bloody toes!

4. Marlene says:

Looks like a fun store! CUTE jacket!

Also love the new kicks… hopefully they will remain blood-free!

5. Robyn says:

Love that jacket, it’s my fave color!!

6. Abbie says:

I usually don’t get the gear, either, for that same reason. That jacket is really cute though. I am always nervous when I buy new shoes because they’re such an investment! Great that you could try before you buy.

7. Shannon says:

I didn’t know KSwiss made running shoes! I’m an Asics fan; I don’t think I’ll ever cross over.

8. Madison says:

I hope those new shoes work out for you. They are cute. They still look a bit narrow around your toe area but it’s hard to tell until you get use to them. I love that jacket you got. Great color!

9. ilovesteaks says:

I’ll have to look into trying K-Swiss. So far, I’ve been loyal to Nike and ASICS. Nice choice of color for your shoes… if your toe bleeds it’ll match the shoe! :)

10. I hope those shoes workout for you!

11. diana says:

Super cute shoes and top! Hope these shoes make your feet happy.

12. The shoes are really cute! Very swishy for running shoes and a good break from the usual boring accent colors… What were the usual Nikes that they are replacing?

13. Jocelyn says:

Yeah new shoes! no more bloody ones!

14. Stevi Honaker says:

Very cool LA gear!

I hope the K-Swiss workout for you. I wanted to tell you since I use to use Vomero’s too that I really like Nike Air Max Moto (7′s I think). I just switched to them and Muzino waverider 13′s for fast workouts. I got a half since bigger in the Nike’s and I have plenty of toe room. The shoe is lighter then the Vomero and the cushion is nearly the same (plus they are a LOT cheaper). Just a suggestion for your hunt.

Congrats on surf city I missed that comment.

15. Morgan says:

Oooo love the near gear and I will keep my fingers crossed that you have no more bloody toe probs!

16. x-country2 says:

Dang, I wish they had stores like that in Nebraska. Although, I’d probably be broke. :o)

17. nicole says:

Awesome store! Cute new jacket and new kicks!!! :) Cant wait to see how they work for you!!! xoxo

18. Marci says:

That jacket is AWESOME!! I love the contrast of the zipper too. I have never heard of K Swiss, and although I am a lululemon addict, I must admit I love some of their running tanks, I might just buy one to try, and those shoes are really cute. I was just thinking about how boring running shoes are, and those are super-cute (hopefully they work too!).

19. Claudia says:

Love the Jacket!! Love the colour!!

20. Reading your blog makes me even more excited about LA! I hope they have some of the hoodies left by race weekend :)

21. CharmCityKim says:

I never knew K-Swiss made running shoes!

Very cute gear… and now I want to go shopping!

22. Tara says:

love, love, love your jacket! just the perfect amount of logo action! hope the new shows work for you….no more bloody toes!

23. Stuart says:

I walked past this on the way back 13.1 and thought it looked very cool, but here’s a question why did you buy WHITE shoes!!!!!

Red hides the blood!

24. liane says:

Sorry, behind on the blogs & commenting this week!

Ok, first off, YEAH to no bloody toes! That deserves a celebration :)

and secondly, super jealous of the pink jacket!

Ok, I am totally having a flashback to my younger days (like when I was 10, early 90′s), the LA marathon logo makes me think of LA Gear, remember from back in the day? That was such cool stuff when I was a kid and my mom so didn’t buy me any of it. Boo!

25. liane says:

And yes, I might have just googled “LA Gear” dork that I am :)

26. Alisa says:

Wow you’re branching out from Nike’s—good for you. My feet are much happier in Saucony’s than they were in anything else.

Cute LA marathon top—the white one. Wish it was tank top weather here.

27. Glenn Jones says:

Interesting. Back in High School (a long long time ago), I pretended I was an athlete and played tennis (actually two year Varsity). The *only* shoes worth a damn at the time were K-Swiss. I’ll be interested how these shoes work for you. The new Asics (GT-2150s) aren’t quite cutting it for longer distances.

28. Pingback: Four Shoe Review! | Chic Runner