The heart grows fonder, I miss you running.

The winner of the GoMoji Ice pack giveaway is Bree from the Fit Bride. Congrats Bree! Please email me at [email protected] so I can get you in contact with the right people :)

To those that entered, I totally think that product is worth it, and I know it’s expensive, but if you have the money I would splurge on it. It’s a great system for icing and you won’t be disappointed.

Back to working out. Since I had to get my part-time job, there has been limited time for working out, but I do feel that I’m keeping up with my weight training and my cardio during the week and on the weekends I am getting in decent runs. I definitely am feeling much stronger after doing weights and actually working my upper body more than ever before. Also, with swimming, it’s something nice that I can do at night time, since I can’t run at night and when I wake up in the morning it’s still very dark and I can’t run then either.

So this leads me to run one day during the week and twice on the weekends which includes my long run for the week. It’s kind of strange, but when I do get to run, I get so excited to do it. I guess the saying, absence makes the heart grow fonder, is true because I do miss you running. I just need it to stay lighter just a little bit longer, but right now it’s still so dark out and it gets dark so quickly that I can’t fit it in, thus trips to the gym ensue and I feel like I am not losing my fitness since I’m working out really hard while I’m there, which is good. It’s a smaller gym and I really like how it’s set up and am considering joining, since I’ve been on the guest pass for like a month… I hope they don’t kick me out! I also know that I train the best personally when I’m not running every single day of the week, and I still feel that the body is finishing up recovering from the three marathons I ran in October, November and December.

As I get closer to LA though I am going to make sure to up my mileage, which the training plan will be included in a post next week. By not going to the gym and running more I can up my mileage, but I really am working at getting stronger right now as well and hopefully strengthening my knee for the LA Marathon. Part of me thinks that running LA is a bit crazy, but then part of me thinks that it’s still two months away and I have a decent amount of time to prepare myself for that.

But I do miss running, I think if I included it one more day I would be happy, and soon that day will come. Every time I think about it I get antsy in my pants. I have heard some great new running songs and I think about uploading my iPod for my weekend runs and it makes me excited. It’s funny how that works. Sometimes it’s the things in life that you don’t even realize that you miss them, and then before you know it, your sitting at your desk daydreaming the next path you’ll tackle, or planning your next route that you might meander on.

It is a nice feeling though, to be excited about every run I’m going to go on. It’s nice to have it to look forward too instead of dreading the run, so it’s okay for this point in my training.

As for me, I got 13 miles tomorrow and another 6.2 on Sunday and I’m really looking forward to it. I had very limited knee pain after my 10 and 6.2 last weekend so here’s to a knee pain free and fun weekend. Tonight it’s going to be a big celebration for DJ’s Birthday. Fist Pump Fest 2010 and I’m super excited about it.

I have another great review of some awesome Zensah products next week, another section of the LA marathon with hopefully more weird videos and my LA training plan.

Fist Pump until you Pass out!

19 Responses to The heart grows fonder, I miss you running.

1. Fist pump fest?! Could you be taking a que from Jersey Shore? Have fun!

2. Danica – good for you! Don’t sweat the “missed” run day right now – you keep that strength training going, work on that core strength and keep the long runs in your schedule and you will be ready to rock L.A.

Training for Boston while coming back from that shin issue I had in December has really made me train a lot smarter instead of harder and I’m feeling the benefits.

Have a great weekend!

Joe

3. Sarah says:

I have the same problem with the dark really affecting my schedule. I can’t wait until it’s lighter earlier and later! Pretty soon. :)

4. Marlene says:

It’s true, you really appreciate running more when you get to do less of it. I have found that as well. Sounds like you’re incorporating a good variety of workouts to make you STRONGER!

Have some good runs this weekend and have fun celebrating tonight!

5. Sarah says:

What are your new-found running songs? I’m always looking for more to add to my playlist.

I also have had to cut back on my running since getting a job. I go to the gym 3x a week for strength training, and am going to yoga a lot. I have noticed that I’m now a stronger runner from the core and strength training I’ve been regularly doing :)

LOVE your blog!

6. I’m a tiny-mileage kinda (3-4 miles, 3x per week) but I get unbearable to be around when I can’t get my running and swimming in. And it’s such a bummer when the darkness dictates outside runs.

Have fun on the weekend runs!

7. Jocelyn says:

Must be weird to have the long run in the middle of the week. Not sure how I’d like that. I’m sure getting all the extra strength will really help you in your running.
    PS I’m sure running misses you too!

8. David says:

HOW do you go out and have a crazy fist-pumping night and then go run 13 miles the next day? I can’t do it…maybe I’m too old.

And I run at night time…I don’t let sunlight stop me from running! I just stick to the lit trails so girls don’t try to jump out of the bushes and rape me (yes, I stole that joke from Half-Fast’s blog lol).

9. Anna says:

Talking about new music I feel like “Shots” by LMFAO and lil’ jon could be your theme song for fist pumping and then the aftermath run tomorrow!

10. Morgan says:

Are you guys gonna dress in costumes like your are from the Jersey Shore??!?!

11. Ann says:

What about one extra run on the treadmill in the gym, great for some speedwork, very controlled?

12. Punk Rock Runner says:

With my luck, the first thing I’ll win will be a running skirt or bra. Enjoy your running this weekend :-)

Have fun tonight!!! Be safe!! <3

i havent been running much either and i notice i get excited about it too!! its so fun!

i'm glad i'm doing other things b/c it makes me love runnng that much more!

miss you!

14. Lauren says:

If it gives you hope there are almost 2 more minutes of sunlight every day! I live for those extra minutes!

15. Stuart says:

The days will be getting longer soon, then you’ll be set for am or pm runs! For now you back-to-back runs will actually be beneficial to you!

16. Denise says:

It’s funny, some days it’s hard to get out for my run but then when my rest day comes, I always wish I was running.

17. Alisa says:

I will appreciate it when the days are longer so working out in the evenings is easier. I’m lucky that I have so many running buddies which makes running in the dark easier.

You are crazy but in a good way =).

18. X-country2 says:

All the core work and cross training will be beneficial in the long run. Keep you healthy.

19. OMG. I cannot WAIT for it to be lighter out longer. Enough of this running in the dark. It’s too scary!