Saying good bye to a friend.

Today my mood matches the dreary gray skies that have taken over California for the past few days. Last night my brother told me that my dog that I’ve had from 5th grade on, Cody, has cancer and has to be put to sleep. I’m very sad because he was a part of our family for so long. I also am sad becuase I think it’s one of the things I realized it would be really hard to say good bye too because he loved my Mom so much. He was her dog and they had a very special relationship. I knew this day would come but I also didn’t think that it would be so hard. I know all dogs go to Heaven though and I’m glad he won’t have to suffer while having cancer. I’ll miss you little buddy.

Trying to take a Christmas card picture with two dogs? Now that’s a challenge. He is a Shetland sheepdog and we got him at the pound when he was only one. He lived a good life and I’m glad he was a part of my life.

Hopefully next week the skies will clear and the sun will come back.

Be Sociable, Share!
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

• Reply Madeline

I’m so sorry to hear about Cody! My dog of 14 years died two years ago, and I still miss her a lot. You just have to remember that Cody knows you love him, and he loves you back still.

January 23, 2010 at 9:56 am
  • Reply pen

I’m so so sorry about your pup. My thoughts are with you and your brother!

January 23, 2010 at 12:56 pm
  • Reply rioruns

So sorry to hear about your dog. He has been an important and much loved member of your family. Thinking of you and your family during this difficult time.

January 23, 2010 at 1:37 pm
  • Reply Nicci

Sorry to hear about your family pet. I haven’t had to put a pet down but I balled my eyes out when my best friend had to do that to her dog. Remember all the good times you had with your dog!

January 23, 2010 at 2:02 pm
  • Reply Runeatrepeat

I’m really sorry about your puppy :(
    Take care.

January 23, 2010 at 8:20 pm
  • Reply laurel

Oh, I’m SO sorry to hear this. It’s never easy to lose a pet. I know your puppy will have many happy days chasing a ball up in the sky :)

January 23, 2010 at 11:11 pm
  • Reply Lara

So, so sorry about your double loss, the loss of your dog and the connection with your Mom. That’s a shot to the gut. I’m sorry, honey.

January 24, 2010 at 8:14 am
  • Reply Kloe

I empathize, I couldn’t imagine losing either one of my cats! Great site by the way!

January 24, 2010 at 10:16 am
  • Reply nicole

so sorry about cody, d. i was thinking of you this weekend. love you lots <3

January 24, 2010 at 3:16 pm
  • Reply sherrie

So sad when you lose a member of your furry family. Hold onto the memories.

January 24, 2010 at 4:02 pm
  • Reply Thomas T

A beautiful quote from the movie “Me and Marley”:

“A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn’t care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he’ll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?”

May Cody rest in peace.

January 24, 2010 at 11:09 pm
  • Reply Kirbey

I am so sorry about your sweet pup. I know how important family pets are. They grow with you through the years, they’re always there through the good and bad, and it can be so hard to see them go. But they do go to Heaven:)

January 25, 2010 at 8:37 am
  • Reply Legallyblondemel

I’m so very sorry for your loss.

I had a Sheltie growing up too, and he was my best little friend; they’re such wonderful dogs.

January 25, 2010 at 11:26 am
  • Reply Erin (Texan Couture)

Sorry to hear about your dog, I know it can’t be easy.

January 26, 2010 at 11:09 am