Big Red Bus Birthday Celebration + 11 Miles

Friday night was DJ’s birthday celebration. There is a red, touristy looking, double decker bus that many people rent out for events, and DJ rented it out for her birthday. It drives around to around 3 bars and you can drink on the bus and let me just tell you, it was a blast! I’ve been on it twice before for two other friends birthdays and its always so much fun. For fist pump fest 2010 we hit up a few bars and somehow 15 people ended up sleeping at our 900 square foot apartment. Stepping over all them to go on my run Saturday morning was funny.

DJ and I before heading out to the bus. We are a little obsessed with the ridiculous show that is Jersey Shore, so our shirts said Gym. Tan. Laundry and then underneath it said Fist Pump Fest 2010. There was a lot of fist pumping going on, that’s for sure.

Before we even left the Cave there was fist pumping going on! It was so much fun and everyone had a blast, needless to say, getting up early the next morning for my suppose to be thirteen miler and ended up to be an eleven miler because I procrastinated and was tired made my run a little less desirable.

So I started out feeling alright on my run and just took off. I knew I would have to run out for about 6.5 miles and then come back home to finish it off and make sure I got all my miles in. Well somewhere along the route I got kind of lost and was running along side the side of a busy street in the gutter because there was no sidewalk. Not the best idea but sometimes I get adventurous and try to find new routes to run on around my house and then I get kind of lost and I don’t know the terrain that well. Not good on my part, but now I know where I can’t run. It was overall a good run though, once I got out of running in the gutter. Luckily there weren’t too many people out since it was somewhat early, but still, I need to be careful. It got a little warm by the end, but my knee didn’t give me any problems and I only got hungry towards miles 9-11.

Then I swam that evening because my legs were so sore and I knew getting in the pool would make me feel better, which was true. I also knew it would be good since I was going to be running six miles in the morning for the LA marathon course preview, which will be posted tomorrow. Overall, this weekend was a success of working out, but I’ve come to realize that come Monday, I’m SO happy for a rest day since I’m working out so much on the weekends now. Ahhh, sleep!

It’s suppose to rain every day this week so we’ll see how much running and swimming I get in with this crazy weather!

26 Responses to Big Red Bus Birthday Celebration + 11 Miles

1. Kate says:

LOVING the Jersey Shore nod and all the fist-pumping goin’ on!

2. Marlene says:

Oh my, what a night! And you go tup to run 13 (11) miles the next morning?? Nice job, girl. Also, I’m impressed with your swimming!

3. Jocelyn says:

Jersey Shore could be one of the best shows ever. Looks like you guys all had a blast! Great job on getting up to go for a run!

4. LOVE it. I totally know that red bus.

Boo rain — it’s gonna be crazy this week.

5. lindsay says:

the red bus sounds awesome! i def would not have been getting up the next morning to run!! :)

my godsis is on jersey shore… hahaha.

6. x-country2 says:

Did you really make custom shirts? That’s awesome.

7. Shannon says:

You ran in a gutter?! LOL That’s just awesome. Get your mind out of the gutter…and your body into it! LOL Lame, I know!

8. Vic says:

You ladies are amazing. LOVE Jersey Shore and your shirts are super cute. Congrats on running the next morning… I would not have been up for that!

9. Denise says:

I hate to admit it, but I love the jersey shore, too. It’s even better living so close and knowing just how real it is.

10. Alisa says:

Looks like a fun birthday celebration!! Cute tops!

I know, I’m so excited for rest days on Monday’s. I feel like I did a ton of working out last week and I’m still a few workouts short of what real tri training is going to be like–what the heck?!?!

Can’t wait to see the next 6 miles of the LA marathon are going to look like, so far the course looks pretty nice.

11. aperez467 says:

GTL! Gym. Tan. Laundry.

12. Kirbey says:

You and your friends are always having fun. I wish we had a bus like that!

13. Kirby @ Good Gals Inc says:

I love how the shirts turned out!!! So awesome!!! FIST PUMP!

14. StephanieC says:

I just wanted you to know that I just signed up to run a half marathon, when I move back to the UK. Its called The Great North Run. I can barely run at this stage, a proper beginner, but there is plenty of time until September. I have been a reader for only a few months if that, and you were the inspiration I needed, you lit the fire in me. Thanks for humorously sharing your life with us. and good luck in the LA marathon, I love seeing where it all happens.

15. Jessica says:

Love the cardigan, m’dear. It’s quite cute!!

16. Miss E says:

Girl, you are a rockstar. I could no more less party the night before and then walk to my kitchen to pop Advil than to run 11 MILES. But that is why I heart you. And for those shirts. Those shirts were awesome!

17. diana says:

Fun pictures. Glad you didn’t have to run in the gutter long and that the knee isn’t giving you any trouble! Way to keep up with the swimming.

18. DJ says:

Those shirts were probably one of the best ideas that I have ever had. haha.

19. kassy says:

Sweet! :)

btw you look uber gorgeous, love the hair! :P

kas

20. Lara says:

Can’t believe you managed to run the next morning, and swim, too!!! That’s some serious inner strength, girl!

21. inspiredtorun13 says:

My favorite part about Jersey Shore is GTL. LOVE the theme for the bday party :)

22. Chloe says:

OMG. Best idea EVER! I love that show! (double fist pump)

23. Brandi says:

So I may be slightly obsessed with all things Jersey Shore too! Love the shirts!!! GTL baby!

24. Tara says:

LOVE the tanks and the fist pumps! Nice job on getting out there after having a fun filled night on the town!

25. liane says:

Love the tank tops! GTL. Oh kills me :)
    also, the fact you got up and went for a run the next morning? Good job! You are a stronger gal than I !

26. Alex says:

Fist Pump! Fist Pump! I love it :-)