10 miles, Boating and Cheering!

Ohhhh weeee! I’m excited for this week! I have so many exciting things going on it seems, including a giveaway, a sweet review and of course, a huge announcement on Wednesday! So prepare yourselves! I got in a 10 miler on Saturday and the first 3 miles I was tired and knew it would be a long run to get through. Then I started slowing down a tad, and for some reason when mile 6 came around I thought, four more of this and you’re done. I turned it on and brought it home with no knee pain and really felt great. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to run this distance so I was really happy I could still pull it off. I iced a lot when I got home and then spent the afternoon tooling around the Long Beach Bay on a boat. It was really fun to see the areas where I had just ran and it was a gorgeous day!

Loved looking downtown and seeing all the pretty buildings and boats! It was so sunny and just so much fun. I have never been on a boat in the ocean before, only on a lake!

Then we cruised around over to San Pedro, which is a huge port where tons of container ships come into. It was really crazy to see how many boats were in the port and how massive they were. Those containers are stacked so high! It was very interesting to me. It also reminded me of Whale Wars and the Nissa Maru! Bad Nissa Maru!

Then, of course, we had to cruise by the firehouse and see the fire boats. That huge gun looking thing that is on the front of the boat shoots water. It was such a nice boat and it’s crazy how much water is can hold and shoot out of that gun. Another very interesting and different experience. Overall it was a great day though and relaxing after my ten miler.

Then this past Sunday was a fun little race that took place in LA called the 13.1 Marathon. Kind of an oxy-moron since it’s a half marathon, but whatever works. I went to actually cheer for some of my friends with my good friend and my big asian brother, Billy. We geared up on bikes and I wore my tutu for fun too. It was even more fun since we brought along a boom-box. I kept yelling Keep it up the entire race. Billy told me some guys might have a problem with that. So then I apologized it anyone had that problem. We thought of other good things to yell, like you are looking really hot, and it was a ton of fun!

My good friend Chris and I before he took off for 13.1. He recently completed his first Ironman and is such a fun, vivacious guy. I love his encouraging words and really look up to him!

Billy and I first posted up at mile 1. Riding our bikes there was pretty chilly since it was pretty early in the morning still. We also set up our boombox and all the homeless people in the area loved it. I also had a homeless man tell me he loved my tutu. Precious.

Some fast people flying by the first mile of the race! We were cheering our hearts out for everyone, and I tried to be entertaining and funny. That is what always makes me laugh when I’m running so I attempted.

Chris is the best! He is always so pumped up out there and cheering for him is really easy because you can tell he totally appreciates it and is all about pumping up the crowd too. He did awesome.

Here is Billy and I amp’ed up for some people. Yea, totally cheering poses. We took a ton of pictures and even made some fun videos.

My crazy running friend Emil was out on the course too! He was volunteering with Team World Vision and passing out water. Many thanks to all volunteers for all races!

After the race we caught up with our good friend Stuart. Stuart is the shiek runner! He is hilarious and is a CRAZY long distance runner. Billy also found some ultra runners, and about pee’d his pants when he saw them. It was fun to see such a community come out and everyone was so nice and thanked us for cheering and being such great supporters.

I saw Chris before the race, and after! My friend Rich Cruse took these photos, check out his site, Richcruse.com if you get the chance, he is a great sports photographer, and I’m lucky I’ve met him.

As you can tell it was a beautiful day. Wow, this nice camera makes the tutu look bright! I also met Majken who is the sweetest. Such great people out for such a fun race! (Picture by Rich Cruse again)

Then, a little girl came up to me and wanted to talk to me. She told me that she liked to wear her tutu too and she thought I looked very nice in my tutu.

Cutest moment EVER!

The course was a flat, out and back course and it seemed that many runners liked it a lot and I heard from everyone that is was amazingly organized. For an inaugural event it sounded like everyone had a blast, so great job!

Watch out now, ready for some videos!

First off, Billy is made to be a back-up dancer! Check out his sweet moves while cheering!

Then I decided to do a cartwheel. I’m just glad I didn’t land on my head.

Lastly, we have me cheering and doing some sweet moves as well. Embarrassing to say the least! For those of you who think I might be peppy, no, I was never a cheerleader.

Overall it was a really fun day though and even though it was exhausting, I know that cheering for people makes such a huge difference. I truly appreciate everyone who cheers for me when I’m out running in races too. I am so glad today is a rest day because I am sore and tired. I can’t wait to share the cool product I have for review tomorrow and my announcement on Wednesday!

47 Responses to 10 miles, Boating and Cheering!

1. Kate says:

Hi Danica!
    I love that jacket your wearing in your pictures, I was wondering who makes it or where you got it?

Thanks!

2. Love the pictures! Looks like you had a blast. Can’t wait for the review and announcement! :-)

3. Punk Rock Runner says:

One of the things I really like about Danica? If she’s not racing, she’ll be there to support other runners and friends. So cool :-)

4. Krissy says:

Hey Girl!
    I just found your blog and adore it. As soon as I saw you in a pink tutu I knew we could be friends :) I adore ALL things pink :) hehe Looking forward to continuing to follow your blog!

5. I like the running man in the tutu, we need to use that more often.

Yay for cheering, I’m sure the crowds appreciated it! How fun!

P.S. I MISS YOU!!!

6. Rachael says:

You’re too cute! You and Billy are awesome spectators! I love his crazy rainman dance, I woulda busted up laughing if I ran by that!

Oh and as per usual: your hair is amazing, it’s so … bouncy … I really need to get some of those supplements you told us about.

7. diana says:

So glad to hear the running is going well and the knee pain is gone.

You and Billy are so freakin cute!!!

8. Melissa says:

That picture of you & the little girl is precious!! And that is so awesome you get out there and cheer for people running – good karma to you. :)

9. bob hazen says:

Great post! Loved the clips – for some reason Billy didn’t have the one of him dancing on his blog…. hmmmm.

I had a hard time with the whole 13.1 Marathon thing, but hey it looks like it was fun!

10. Shannon says:

Wow, that sweet camera does make a difference in the coloring of the pictures!

I’m totally laughing at your cheers right now! Love it!

11. Christina says:

Great job – lovin’ the tutu!

12. Madison says:

Danica!! It was so nice to finally meet you in person. You looked so cute in your tutu and it was so nice that you went out there and just cheered people on. I was so bummed that I didn’t have my camera with me to get a photo with you. Oh well, maybe next time.

P.S. I remember you made that tutu yourself, can you provide instructions? I totally want one now!

13. Abbie says:

The part with the little girl is just too adorable!

14. jeff says:

the guy in the green shorts in the last video looks ever so confused by your efforts to cheer. too funny.

you probably made that little girl’s day. way to brighten her day!

15. Billy Burger says:

Oh Danica, if only EVERY day can be like yesterday.

Sunny and beautiful and a day filled with races, cheering, goofing with friends, making silly videos and of course, running. Oh, and the food! Ahhhh….still thinking about the BBQ (thanks again Nina!).

Had a great time out there with ya kid. No one brings the enthusiasm (ahem, see tutu) quite like you do. Must do it again. Soon.

BAB, aka Billy

ps – BURN that video! ;)

16. KatieA. says:

Can I rent you out for my next race? You and Billy? Love the moves! What mile were you at for the last video? Those peeps looked pooped!

17. MsV says:

THIS is what running is all about. Too cute, girl.

18. Tara says:

I miss the tutu! Love that you and Billy went out there to support everyone! Billy has some SWEET moves! Nice execution on the cartwheel as well! ♥

19. Danica – great stuff as always! Glad to hear that knee is clearing up. Best from Austin! Joe

20. Jamie says:

Hi Danica!!! I saw you cheering us runners on at around mile 4.5 yesterday with Bily and your boombox…that was awesome! It was so unexpected and so so cool! I never expected to see you in “real life” so I was a little starstruck, to tell you the truth. Otherwise, I would’ve said hi and snapped a photo with you after the race. :)

My boyfriend who came out as a spectator/photographer to support me along the route kept commenting on “the girls in the pink tutus” so you ladies definitely stand out! I love it! Perhaps next time, I will say hi in a cute, creative outfit of my own! Take care, and I’ll see you at a race in the near future!

21. Alisa says:

Yay fun weekend!

Spectating can be more fun than running for sure. Maybe I’ll have to dress up in a costume for Eugene when I spectate…hmmmm…..

22. Kristen says:

That was so nice of you guys to do!! I’m sure it’s also a little different “racing” from the sidelines!! Did anyone recognize you??!

23. Hello! Awesome article. I love the pics :) How long have you been running?! I’m actually going to start running some races this Spring and I’m super excited! I’ve been working out hard and ready to get myself out there! Is there anything you can prepare me for or work on before this Spring? Keep up the great work!! Take care :)

Jen

24. Looks like so much fun!

25. Jodi says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of the little girl in her tutu admiring yours! So adorable!

Those were some pretty sweet dance moves. I especially loved the cartwheel. Great cheering :)

26. Heather says:

LOVE the tutu! my friend and I want to run a halloween 5k next year in a tutu just because they are so FUN!

27. TerryProf says:

Cool job! And I can’t wait to hear your big news on Wednesday… Also, I have to tell you that my daughter is thinking of naming her new girl (in May) Danica!
    (A lurker)

28. Sheryl says:

love the tutu! =) looks like you guys had a blast. I def want to do more cheering/volunteering this year.

29. That looks like so much fun!!! It is so important to cheer on fellow runners!

30. Amy B says:

Oh my goodness… I think I need to find myself a racing tutu! Very cute- love the blog! :)

31. Brittany says:

Glad you had a wonderful time!

32. X-country2 says:

I love that you’re clutching your phone in half those. :o)

33. SUPER cute!!! LOL

And colour me jealous over your short skirt weather. At least I have melting snow to comfort me. Here’s hoping it doesn’t solidify into ice and crazy roads.

Did I mention the Fiance flipped his truck when he hit a patch of ice last week? No so cool.

Anywho – can’t wait for the announcement!!!!!!

34. Janese says:

Hi!
    Thanks for cheering at the race! I found your blog through the 13.1 facebook page.
    I was running the race in a pink tutu and thought it was so awesome that you were out there cheering people on. You and your friends rock!

35. Susan says:

Spectating never looked like so much fun!

36. This makes me want to go and find a race to cheer for–and a tutu to do it in! What a fun way to spend the day…

37. Ange says:

Love the photo of you and the little girl in the tutu! So adorable.

38. nicole says:

your hilarous. end of story. thank you for making my day

39. runnerchiq says:

Thanks so much for your support! Loved the tutu – and it was good to meet you :-)

40. Lawrence says:

Hey. I remember seeing you out there on the course. Thanks for the enthusiastic support.

41. Cody says:

You’re K-RAZY! :)

42. You and the little girl with the tutu…. is soooo precious! Great post!

43. So sweet of you to go and cheer people on. I love spectating races, it’s very inspiring. I was visiting my BFF and her husband when they lived in Boston, and we watched the marathoners from the 22 mile mark for a few hours. People in Boston totally tailgate along the whole route, very cool.

And the tutu never stops being adorable!

44. Marlene says:

You guys are awesome spectators!

45. Morgan says:

Awww yay! You are such a good spectator-cheerleader!!! I totally should’ve done some cartwheels to keep warm at Disney! LOL! Yay for being race supporters!

46. Alex says:

I don’t know how I missed these videos the first time. You are hysterical

47. True Event says:

I LOVE your pink tutu! So fabulous!