Weekend of Resting

I wish I could say that I had a kick butt weekend in the workout department but I seemed to have fallen under the weather again and haven’t worked out at all. I did eat a lot of delicious Christmas goodies though, so that must be a few arm curls right?

My legs are feeling back to 100% but my body is not agreeing with me right now. I feel so run down and exhausted all the time still. I have had a sore throat since Friday and also a migraine/head cold. Two of my favorite things paired with a sore throat makes me pretty useless in the working out/motivation department.

It’s crazy how much I do already want to run again, though this pesky little cough and the fact I can’t breathe through my nose doesn’t help the cause much. I know when my body is ready to run again I’ll be able to, and until that time I have to sit back and relax and just try to get better. Plus it’s probably better since I worked a lot on my sample pieces and personal essay this weekend and it was raining the whole weekend basically. At least I wasn’t in training and had to do a training run! That would have been miserable!

Anyways, I actually get a lot of questions about how I carry my ipod on my iFitness belt instead of on my armband. I used to always carry it on my armband but once I got the new case having it on my belt seemed to work out much better with the headphones cord. Here’s one similar to the case I have.

Ipod Nano Case

Belkin Case

You can google ‘belt clip ipod case’ or something along those lines and some ideas will come up. I have found they also carry them at best buy and at the Apple store. I just like mine with the belt clip because my arms are small and sometimes when the case gets sweaty it starts to slide down. That’s a personal preference though.

Speaking of iFitness belts, I have a SWEET new review coming up! I got the neoprene belt and can’t wait to tell you guys about it. I also have had a lot of people tell me that they got the belt and they LOVE it. I seriously do too. It holds just the right amount of stuff and attaching pouches and an assortment of other articles to it works well! Someone asked me the other day if I got referrals or commissions off the stuff that I review on here. Nope. Just want to tell you guys about sweet products that really have helped me! :)

So you guys ALWAYS say I look great in race pictures. Well CIM wasn’t the best day and the pictures didn’t turn out so wonderful either.

badrace2

Eyes closed, and I have a peg leg. Win.

death3

I’m kind of smiling, but I’m so ashamed I can’t even look at the camera. HA!

bad race2

Ugh! Get this stupid race over with. I’m freezing to death!

badrace1

And here I am saying, Welp, CIM, you totally killed me, I’m DONE here. :)

Tomorrow I’m going to post about some training plans!

19 Responses to Weekend of Resting

1. Runeatrepeat says:

Sorry, but you’re still super cute :)

2. Niki says:

Love the pics!! Especially the bows in your hair!!

3. Hahaha! I love those pictures :-) See at least you got some funny ones outta that marathon? I agree, you usually look good in those pictures.

I asked for a belt for xmas so hopefully I’ll get one! If not, I’m buying it myself.

I got my Zensah shirts today and they feel like butter. I’m so happy I got the L/XL… they will work perfectly. I think they may run kinda small. Anyways, I’m looking forward to your post tmw about running plans. I think I’m doing the Hal Hidgon method for my half, but I’d love to see other alternatives. Hope you recover soon!

4. Marlene says:

Aw, the pics are great! Love those monkey buns!

Hope you feel better soon! Til then, rest up. You ARE still recovering!

5. Get to feeling better. Look forward to some training plans you post.

6. Sorry, but your pictures make running 26.6 look easy!I seriously think you owe yourself a couple of rest weekends after all of your marathons.

7. Nikki says:

You know, your “bad” race pictures are still better than most people’s “good” ones!

Also keep up the reviews! I got the ifitness belt and compression socks after reading your raves on them and I love them both! I’m pretty much convinced anything you review I’ll love!

8. Shannon says:

I love the finish picture! ha! :) Atleast this race is behind you – Maniac!

9. Billy Burger says:

HA! That last picture is AWESOME.

You must order a digital print of that and have it as your new profile/avatar pics!

10. Lara says:

Yeah, I have to say it, you’re incredibly cute and the bad pictures don’t do anything to hide it. Nice try though.

It’s not surprising you’re feeling under the weather right now, with the marathon only a week gone and pressure on finishing your writing samples. Body needs to recoup and the head cold is the only way to get you to stay in one place very long, so it totally makes sense.

You’ll be out running soon, don’t worry!

11. KatieA. says:

That last picture is THE BEST! And in pic #2 you and Tara look all out running while the dude in the corner is taking a stroll! Ha!
    Hope you feel better soon!

12. x-country2 says:

Aw, those monkey buns just look all wrong when you’re sad. :o(

13. Allison Maxwell says:

Get well soon :) Love the pictures! I was wondering, would you ever sign up for a race that didn’t allow runners to run with headphones/music? Do you check this before you choose a race?

14. Spike says:

peg leg runner = awesome in every way. but, sadly, everyone hears you approaching unless you put some felt on the bottom (trust me on this one).

15. rinus says:

Looks good and a good time!.
    Rinus.

16. Denise says:

Love the peg leg!

17. N.D. says:

Hahahha I love the last picture and caption!

18. Ahahah – you look SO over that race in that last picture! Classic.

19. jmo says:

I’m awkwardly late commenting on these, but uhhhh sorry. You’re still super cute.