The Grinch isn’t here anymore!

This is the most exciting news of the week. Me and DJ got a Christmas tree!

photo-1

It’s three feet tall and right now the ‘star’ at the top is my long beach medal. We don’t have any lights on it, nor many ornaments, but I finally am starting to feel a little bit more like it’s Christmas. I looked all over the tree lot for seriously like half an hour, and picked out this little guy. This is DJ and I’s FIRST tree! If you couldn’t tell I am very excited. I woke up this morning and even with my stuffed up nose it smelled like tree! YAY for me not being grinchriffic anymore! There will be more better pictures of the tree soon, do not worry. :)

I only have to get three more Christmas presents too. I can’t believe it’s already almost Christmas. Where does the time go? Tomorrow I am going to post my Christmas list.

So, I am finally starting to feel a little bit better, hopefully I’m over the hump of this run down feeling and I can get back into the swing of things soon, including running and even testing out swimming! My gym membership was unfortunately canceled, so I won’t be able to go to the gym anytime soon, but I’m going to find creative ways to work out and hopefully share them with you guys. I ┬áhave a jump rope, and ab roller, and some sweet DVDs. Also, I’ve been looking at the Fit TV channel and they have some good workout shows on there that I’m going to DVR to work out too when it’s too cold or raining to run.

I can’t wait to start running again. I’m getting tired of just sitting around and living the slug life but I do also know listening to your body is so important and taking a rest when necessary can help more in the long run. So resting I will do until tomorrow morning, when I’m going to go out for a run again!

23 Responses to The Grinch isn’t here anymore!

1. CUTE tree! I started small and worked my way up too. Check out Crate & Barrel and Target’s day after Christmas sales. You can score some cheep stuff for next year!

2. Kristin says:

I agree…go shopping after christmas and you’ll have enough for 2 trees next year! Enjoy your rest (that is suppose to be when you are improving as a runner? who knows!) Then have fun on your RUN! :)

3. Chris says:

Danica-very cute tree. Nice shape. Much better than Charlie Brown’s even if it’s the same height??

Love the look of your blog and the way it’s laid out. Very clean and good content.

4. Alisa says:

Fit TV is awesome. I’ve only seen it while on vacation since we don’t have cable =( but it looks decent.

Love your christmas tree. I really wanted to get one but it didn’t make a lot of sense since we weren’t going to be at home for the holidays.

Shopping for Xmas stuff after the holidays is so the way to go!

Can’t wait to hear about your creative workout ways.

5. Lacey says:

that is a great photo of you with your tree!!! love the “angel” too :)

6. Kelly says:

that tree is too cute. You could jump on the 30 day Shredmill with me. It’s awful.

7. aron says:

YAY christmas tree!!! <3

8. Shannon says:

We don’t even have our Christmas stuff out of the attic! So, you’re ahead of us! ha!

9. Aw, I love Charlie Brown trees like that. Big or small, a tree definitely makes a house for me – the smell alone gets me in the Christmas mindset.

10. Nikki says:

I’m doing the 30 day shred like another person up there *points up* while I’m injured and can’t run. Um…killer workout! I’ve done 26 days in a row now. Jillian is kicking my ass.

11. Caroline says:

What a cute tree : ) Love it.
    I know how you feel not being able to run, but you’re smart to take a rest!

12. Marlene says:

What a cute little tree!!!

13. x-country2 says:

That tree is adorable! It’s Christmas indeed.

14. cyberHag says:

Perfect star! Now just decorate it with gel shots and water bottles. Come on you know you want to! lol

15. KatieA. says:

Very cute tree! Hope you’re feeling better!!!

16. Morgan says:

Awwww your tree is adorable! :) <3

17. Sydney Hunter says:

I know just how you feel about taking it easy. It is so hard to just sit back and relax because we are normally doing so much more. Plus, the motivation and energy will return…especially after all you have accomishes your are going to feel a little worn down-it will pass. Enjoy the rest and break while you can!

18. sarah says:

love the tree.. hope you have a wonderful week

19. Jessica says:

Fit TV used to have a great yoga show on at 6 AM. The host guy was pretty cool. The only problem I had with it was the moves went too fast for my ability at the time.

ur tree is so effing cute dude! i love it!!!!!

21. Andy says:

If you still need ornaments, a friend of mine found a good use for his race medals:

22. Lara says:

Yay, a little tree! And, I’m glad you’re feeling better. I can tell by how upbeat you’re sounding, and all the plans you’re making. The rest has done you good. :-)

23. Yay for y’alls first Christmas tree!!! It’s perfect!