CIM, you ain’t got nuthin’ on me!

Let’s do this. It’s game time for this marathon and I got my ear-warmers and my mittens and I’m ready to freeze my tail off in my booty shorts. Time to put the SAC in SAC TOWN!

Maniac? more like Manica! :) Actually some of my friends call me that because of my guyish tendencies which include drinking beer and watching all sports and being somewhat jockish and occasionally yelling at the TV during sporting events. Yea, I have a fantasy football team and I am kind of a Manica I guess. Neither here nor there.

I can’t believe this is my last marathon of the year, nor can I believe I’m running another marathon. Does that even make sense at all? I mean, I ran four marathons this year. I ran my first marathon this year. I ran my BEST marathon this year. I ran a marathon in a tutu and now I’m going to bring a shovel to Sac town to bury myself up there. If I make it out alive, then I become a marathon maniac for running three marathons in three months, my initial goal. If you would have told me that this would happen back in May I would have laughed in your face. Seriously. I had NO plans to do this, and now 3 miles turns into 6 miles and 6 miles into 12 miles and 12 miles to 20 miles and before I knew what I was doing I’m toeing another starting line of 26.2 miles.

This marathon is the one I am by far the most nervous about. It’s really taking me out of my element and I’m scared of what might happen. I literally could be on the side of the road crying. Me? Being dramatic? Never! I know I have to just man-up and get it done though. It’s just the cold.

Side note: This homie doesn’t do cold. Like AT ALL. I think cold is 50 degrees. Last night when purchasing my ear-warmers it was roughly like 61 when I left the store. I was freezing. I am usually ALWAYS cold, so Sac town better not beat me down with this number that it will be at the start line that I don’t even want to mention. After my ear-warmer purchase, I came home and had my obligatory pre-race cry, in my ear-warmers. I put them on and looked at myself in the mirror and just cried. That happened. Now, I’m better for it and ready to bend Sac town over… Wait, WHAT?!

So goals. You all want goals. Well, well, well, here’s some solid goals I got for you guys.

1. FINISH another marathon. Yea, no matter who you are, no matter where your running, the temps, nothing, it’s still a long way to go. Literally, legs, you are running 26.2 miles, so get ready. You might say, “Oh, but of course you’re going to finish!” and yes, that might be true, but before starting every race I think, this is a LONG way. But seriously at mile 22 when I want to quit, I’ll think of you guys. When my legs hurt and my teeth are chattering and I feel like I can’t go on, I know it’s only four more miles and I just want to get under that finish line.

2. I obviously want to have tons and tons of fun and don’t want to die. A bunch of my best friends are up there so I know the fun thing will be taken care of no problem. I can’t wait to see everyone again and I’m so excited for our girls weekend, unfortunately, during this girls weekend I have to run a marathon. Dying, well  hopefully that doesn’t happen either.

3. So I want to sub four. I said it. If I don’t go under four hours, or as close as I possibly can to four hours, I will be somewhat upset with myself, but whatever is going to happen is going to happen. I’m really going to push myself throughout the race so we’ll see what I got in the tank. I’m tired and exhausted but I’m also a game-timer. I get amp’ed to race and this is going to be no difference. Game on! I hate giving myself goals like this but seriously, I want to do it again. I want to have another Long Beach.

I feel like this marathon is either going to be a complete strikeout or a homerun, so just call me Vladimir Guerrero. So I’m Sac’ed up and ready to get this race done. I’ve got my suitcases packed, I leave tonight at 9 pm, and I’m ready to dominate.

CIM, you ain’t got nuthin’ on this face….

photo

It’s going to be a great weekend, Marathon Maniacs, you better get ready for another member to join your group of crazies! I haven’t yet decided if I will be twittering from the race BUT, I will have my cell phone with me on the course, so that means I most likely will.

Four marathons in a year? Didn’t think that would happen, but let’s do this people!

66 Responses to CIM, you ain’t got nuthin’ on me!

1. Jose says:

As a Sacto native I have to say that it’s gonna be brisk, but once you get moving I’m sure it won’t be a problem.

My goal is simply to finish, that way – everything else is a bonus…this is my first too so yeah.
    good luck!

2. Turi says:

I agree with Jose – it’ll be cold at the start and for the first few miles, but don’t be surprised if you want to shed layers by mile six or so…

3. Kelly says:

You, Manica you.

Have fun and kick butt!

4. Audrey says:

Cute pic! I think you forgot Goal 4: Wear timing device.

You’ll want this on the books because you will kick *SS!!!!

:D

5. Stevi says:

Don’t be scared of the cold…..I run like a real pro in 30 degree temps.

On a different note I have to say that you really make running 4 marathons in one dang year sound like fun. I mean who else does this with pics, tweeting and video.

Good luck and I better get some play by plays.

6. Amy says:

Yay!!!! Good luck!

And… FYI… everyone that I know that runs consecutive races in a row like this… always PRs in the last race. I feel a good day coming for you. But, most importantly enjoy it :)

7. MissAllycat says:

Good Luck…from Marathon Maniac #1285. :)

8. MissAllycat says:

And ditto to waht Amy said. I ran 3 marathons in 3 weeks and my last race was the fastest.

Giddie Up!

9. Denise says:

Good luck!!

I wish cold was in the 50s!! You west coast peeps are spoiled!

10. Good luck Danica! I know you will do just fabulous and I will be wishing you the best of luck the whole time!

11. Rachael says:

I love that picture! Are you monkey bunning this one too? hehe!

Being from that area too (sorta) I can tell you, it is cooooold in the morns but then it warms up to tolerable after awhile … you and your booty shorts will be just fine :)

12. Felice says:

Go get it, Manica!! Ha!

Have a GREAT, sub-4 race!

13. Galina says:

You go girl! Good luck!
    The Santa Barbara International Marathon is my 4th this year too, total 10! I can’t believe it.

your gonna rock it! you got this!!!

cant wait to meet you tonight!!

15. KatieA. says:

I know I have said ths before, but you and I are paddling the same boat. Just wanna finish (hopefully sub 3:50/45) and enjoy it. Can’t wait to see you! :)

16. L.A. Daze says:

You’ll do fine! Good luck. Those long legs of yours will get you through it!

17. First time commenter here.

Goodluck, on the race…

Seriously, you have a fantasy football team? Hard to find a lady who is into fantasy football!

18. Alisa says:

I’m also a Sactown native. You’ll be chilly at the start but at least it won’t be raining!

I’ll be cheering you on as I cyber-stalk you on athlete tracker!

I did fantasy football, baseball and bball one year, then took a hiatus. But they can be fun.

Have a great time! I’m wishing for a homerun for you.

19. Natalie says:

I’ve heard the best temp to run in is 35-40 degrees. You got this girl!

At least it’ll be sunny! I’ll be thinking of you this weekend. :)

20. Hethir says:

You are hilarious. Crying in your ear muffs. Best of luck on the marathon tomorrow.:) I will be rooting you on from Ojai, CA!

21. Nikki says:

Good luck Danica! You’ll be awesome! And once you start going you’ll warm up quick. I’m a Texan relocated to the Midwest…I promise!

22. Marlene says:

Such a cute pic! Exactly what IS your definitely of cold? Just curious. :)

If you’re freezing, just think of your Canadian friend bundled up in winter gear running at temps well-below freezing.

Go get # 4, girl!

23. Tara says:

Since I’m already technically a maniac because of the NYC-Maliboo fiasco I’ve decided to forgo this race and sip hot cocoa from the sidelines and cheer you on while wearing a electric heated sweatsuit..legit I know! haha I wish…I’ll be there freezing my ass off next to you! I have a good feeling about this day for everyone…you’ll do great! cant wait to see you kooie ♥♥♥

24. Michaela says:

You will be awesome! Running in the cold is better than running in the heat — you’ll warm up and you’ll feel great!

I’ll see you up there. Just remember: Mile 25 DEL TACO.

25. Zoë says:

You’ve got this, Man-Danica!
    And get amped up because it IS game time! Say WHAT?!

(that was my best “dude” typing impression)

26. Jess says:

Ha love the pic! Kick some booty this weekend!

27. Billy Burger says:

You crazy. Can’t wait til we’re rocking our Maniac singlets together though – GO DANICA!

28. Ooooh is that a Vlad Guerrero big-up? I heart him way back from his Montreal days…. You will definitely be “outta the park” Guerrero for this one!

29. Katie says:

CUTE PICTURE MARATHON LADY!

Love your blog, I will follow once my blogspot stops acting funky!

I would love for you to check out my blog!

Giveaways and music!

Katie

30. Ann says:

Hey Manica, you’re going black this time, where is the pink??? Haha, guessed you wouldn’t run another tutu marathon this year. Good luck girl, I’ll be thinking of you somewhere on the roads in Santa Barbara on my own 26.2 miles voyage. Give it all, but safe some in the first half for the second half and push everything you’ve left after mile 22 out of your body because after crossing the finish it’s RESTING time, BIG time! Happy race, Ann.

31. Stuart says:

You know you need some thermal capris…wanna borrow some!?!

Go get the bling!

32. Melanie says:

The way I see it, you’re pretty rockin’ hard core for running 3 marathons in 3 months. I say just go have fun and enjoy it and see what happens… then if you do really well you can feel great, and then if it’s not as great as you’d like you can still know you accomplished something awesome by becoming a maniac. Good luck, and I can’t wait to hear how it goes girl!

33. You’ve got this, Danica! I’ve seen you grow so much this year as a person and as a runner that I know you’re bigger than your nerves, your anxieties and definitely 26.2 miles. What’s that to a marathon maniac like you…nuthing! Okay, so go and rock and be awesome and all that snazzy stuff that you do. Have fun at Sac-town!

Let me know how it goes! Later, Daniac!

34. Your totally going to rock this! Good luck and have fun!

35. Christina DiStefano says:

You go girl. Best of luck. East coast here – it’s going to snow this weekend with temps in high 20s!

36. aron says:

yayyyy cant wait to see you girl!!! its going to be a good day. very good day :)

37. GO MANICA!

I am so proud of you! You go girl. Good luck – you will do AMAZING. Be careful and most importantly, have fun. Can’t wait to see the recap + pictures.

xx

38. skinnyrunner says:

good luck this weekend!!!

39. Joerunfordom says:

Danica –

Have a great race! (you and I both know luck has nothing to do with it) – hope you have great weather, wind at your back and all the hills be down.

Can’t wait to read about it.

Go Danica!

40. Britt says:

You’re amazing. the end :)

41. Jessica says:

Good luck, girl! I’ve been reading this for a while and I know that you’ve got it in you!! Go run fast:)

42. Sarah says:

Good luck Danica!! You can do it!

43. Laura says:

Go girl! You’ll be awesome! I run in Maine, and once you’re running it doesn’t matter what the thermometer says. Have a great time and CONGRATS on 3 in 3 months! You’re an inspiration!

44. great goals!

i have the feeling CIM will also be a strikeout or homerun for me. i have lofty goals for time, and i intend to make good on those promises to myself!

y’know, the cold can actually work in your favor. i PR’d at the Napa Marathon, where it rained the. entire. time. now, i actually love running in the rain, but 26 miles of it was a bit much, and i couldn’t wait to get out of it, hence i ran just a bit faster (=

45. Alyssa says:

I have that same earband! :) Wore it tonight on my run in 20 degree weather. Brr.. Good luck on #4!

46. Kate says:

I have several super sexy earbands … always a hot look! You’re going to rock it tomorrow! Have fun!

47. You’ll rock it! I’m sure of it! In spite of the cold!!! :)

48. Badgergirl says:

Good luck! And I love the earband!

49. cyberHag says:

In it to win it! CIM aint got nuthin on you sista!