10 miles and a swim?

So Saturday morning I got up bright and early for my 6-10 miler. I wanted to hit ten miles, but I didn’t know how I would fare and I didn’t want to push myself too hard pending how I felt during the run. I was just going to run until I was tired. I started out at a nice pace but I knew I hadn’t run this far in a long time. I just ran around the streets, looking at all the Christmas decorations and I enjoyed the fact that I was in a short sleeve shirt and shorts. It was a little bit chilly, but it felt good. I thought a lot about the past year on the run.

I never thought that I would be where I am today at the beginning of the year. It was even better because about mile 2 in, I randomly saw a guy wearing a Marathon Maniacs jersey. I looked at him and smiled and teared up a little. I am a maniac. I am one of a little over 2,000 people who are maniacs, just like myself. I did it. It was a really happy moment for me to see that because one of the main reasons I became a maniac was because of the camaraderie the maniacs shared. Then around mile 7 I was getting pretty tired, which was a given, I hadn’t run past 4 miles in two weeks. I just kept pushing forward though and like I usually do, thinking that it was only three more miles, then two and a half left, then I hit nine miles and I knew I would be able to make ten, which made me happy that I could still pull that distance.

It was a great day out for a run, the sun got a little warm towards then end and people were friendly. It was a very reflective run though, and I’m really sore from it! I didn’t run fast or for time, but it felt good to be able to get out there and just go. I did some core work when I got home too. DEATH to my abs. I’m still feeling it today. Then I Christmas shopped for everyone on my list was pretty tired and went to bed early Saturday evening after watching Cars and Ratatouille, both great movies.

Then yesterday was my first day to attempt to swim. I was meeting up with someone who swims often and told me that he could help me out. Well, he could also help me out if I started to drown. I’m not scared of water or anything like that but I was nervous to try to swim. I brought my Malibu Marathon towel to make myself feel more legitimate. We worked out our arms and I did more core work in the gym before heading out to the pool. It was just a little bit chilly, but he was right, I got used to it quickly and then I swam a few little laps towards him so he could watch me. I need to work on bending my arms more and my breathing a lot.

I think one of my main problems is that when I am swimming, I swim until I can’t breathe anymore and I try to take in too much air in the limited amount of time you get to breath when putting your head to the side. So I need to breathe more often. I also feel that I start out really strong and fast and then I die by the end and my form gets all crappy. Another thing to work on is just working on swimming laps. I swam a total of 600 meters yesterday. I wasn’t that tired by the end of each lap but my body felt like it was going to sink to the bottom. The pool is so long! I just tried to think of it as then end of a race when I was getting closer and closer to the wall. I also kept telling my legs to kick when my arms got so tired. I kept thinking, Come on legs! You ran a marathon! Kick! My swimming coach was very helpful though and I’m glad he was there so I wouldn’t drown. Watching him swim, he made it look so easy! I felt like I looked like a seal who just got electrocuted. I must get better!

It was really fun though and I really liked swimming! So many people have asked me if I’m going to do a triathlon or why I wanted to start swimming. Well here is my answer.

I am not looking to do a triathlon at all at this point, and another reason why I will not be doing a triathlon is because I don’t have money for a bike. Yes, I know I have a beach cruiser, but if I did a triathlon I would want a legitimate bike. Also, people have suggested I get one from Craigslist, or something like that, but seriously, I barely have enough money to turn on the heater, so I really don’t think buying a bike would be the smartest financial decision right now. So, do I want to do a triathlon? Yes, at one point in my life I do, but not right now. Also, I started swimming because I wanted to implement something else in my workout besides running and I know swimming will increase my lung capacity and will strengthen my back. I notice when I start doing longer runs my back gets so sore. I also think that it is a great workout when it’s raining, or on an off or rest day, it works totally different muscles than running and I did really enjoy it! I just wanted the ability to mix things up. Also I live close to a huge pool where they had the Olympic Trials a long time ago, and I would love to take advantage of that. So don’t worry, I’m not stopping running, I’m not becoming a triathlete just yet. I’m just seeing other ways to work out. :)

Tomorrow comes my training plan for the Surf City Half Marathon, and yes, I’m sore today.

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

817 Comments

• Reply http://autokreditnet.club/

Scrivi il tuo commento Puoi usare questi tags HTML : <a> <abbr> <acronym> <b> <blockquote> <cite> <code> <del> <em> <i> <q> <strike> <strong> Notificami nuovi commenti tramite email. Notificami nuovi articoli tramite email.

July 19, 2018 at 10:47 pm
  • Reply low income car insurance Washington DC

This information is unique to me. I really like your points and think you put a new spin on this for readers. I respect your writing style. You’re so perceptive.

July 19, 2018 at 10:54 pm
  • Reply non owners auto insurance quotes Bolingbrook IL

Chiedo all’Assessore alle Politiche Giovanili e Vicesindaco Antonio Barbato di organizzare un incontro pubblico per illustrare il suo operato sino ad oggi, accettando, con coraggio e responsabilità, di rispondere alle domande dei cittadini.

July 19, 2018 at 11:20 pm
  • Reply car insurance Hilo HI

That is duplicate content (since the same content is available on two different sites), but doesn’t sound manipulative. What will likely happen is that only one version will appear in search results–either the version from your personal blog or your corporate blog, but not both.

July 19, 2018 at 11:38 pm
  • Reply list of car insurances in Pearland TX

I like him too. I just think he does what the unions and the Democrat leaders tell him no matter what. Case in point: Same sex marriage, civil unions. However he makes an effort to do things for all people in this district including all the areas he represents. He likes being a State Senator and it shows.

July 19, 2018 at 11:43 pm
  • Reply best auto insurance in Aurora IL

11:06 pm, November 20, 2012|I hate them all. I thought they were all awful. The woman who plays Katie is one of the worst actors I have witnessed in recent years. Have never been scared or even close to it. I am very anti-activity. But that’s just my opinion. To each their own. Just give the some of us who want somthing a lil more hardcore what we want. I would love to see a hard ‘R ‘ gory found footage ghost story.

July 20, 2018 at 12:57 am
  • Reply car insurance quotes Providence UT

Genau so funktioniert’s!Hab ich auch von Schule und Opa parallel so gelernt, werd heute aber tatsächlich schräg angeguckt, wenn ich es so mache. Wir hatten halt tolle Opas und die nicht. So.

July 20, 2018 at 1:16 am
  • Reply payless auto insurance Charleston WV

Would like some feedback on this. After all, global warming by CO2 is the foundation of the Green Energy Act, and Suzuki is the patron saint of the entire green energy movement.

July 20, 2018 at 1:51 am
  • Reply list of auto insurances in Littleton CO

Tatsächlich, die Screens gehen nicht. Obwohl ich alles nochmal überprüft habe. Werde ich gleich beheben und webstyle ich werde noch die Verlinkung zu iTunes einbauen, muss mich aber erstmal schlau machen wie das geht.

July 20, 2018 at 2:29 am
  • Reply car insurance in Bessemer AL

Den Sieg witmen wir dem Vater von Patrick, da dieser leider verstorben ist. Von der Mannschaft, dem Verein und Mir noch mal ein Herzliches Beileid! Wir sind für dich da!

July 20, 2018 at 3:57 am
  • Reply car insurance Charleston WV

TERCERA: PRECIO: El importe de la locación se fija en la suma de PESOS — ($—) mensuales, importe que será abonado en EFECTIVO por adelantado del 1 al 10 de cada mes, en el domicilio de la LOCADORA o donde ésta lo indicara.El NO cumplimiento de esta cláusula obligará al LOCATARIO al pago de un interés por mora mensual y acumulativa de una vez y media la tasa de interés aplicada por el Banco de la Nación Argentina para descuentos de documentos a 30 días

July 20, 2018 at 4:15 am
  • Reply low income auto insurance El Paso TX

You know, I gave a gun to the Butchers of Goose Hill once to put a front sight on. Not that hard, right? Wrong.Needless to say, option 2 is only an option in the sense that it is possible for me to give my gun to them to get it 'smithed, not that I'd actually do it.If I'm sending a Smith away to get work done, it's going to CCA or to Pinnacle.

July 20, 2018 at 4:38 am
  • Reply car insurance San Angelo TX

“Definita in questo modo significa che qualsiasi impatto nasce da velocità pericolosa, ossia che l’unica velocità che non è mai pericolosa è quella pari a zero, cioè l’immobilità.”Secondo me l’accusa di stupro può avere dei risvolti anche peggiori : potenzialmente non è necessaria neanche la presenza fisica dell’accusato sul luogo del delitto dal momento che l’onere di provare la propria estraneità ai fatti ricade su chi viene appunto accusato, in barba alla presunzione di innocenza.

July 20, 2018 at 4:41 am
  • Reply auto owners insurance Richmond Hill NY

Il me semble avoir vu sur RFO Polynésie quelques reportages sur des jeunes de Polynésie française passés par le club de rugby de Raiatea et partis se former dans des clubs français. Ce serait intéressant de retrouver leur trace.

July 20, 2018 at 7:09 am
  • Reply us agency car insurance Little Falls NJ

Thanks, Justin! Three people on Twitter liked the NA version better, too. Don't feel bad, IvaNEC — I'm glad someone likes the other version, too. Hell, I'd probably prefer it to the NA release if it didn't have three damn logos on it…

July 20, 2018 at 7:25 am
  • Reply car insurance quotes MD

yüreÄŸine saÄŸlık ama unutmaki insanın umutları ve dünyası nakadar kücük olursa herÅŸey o kadar birbirine carpar senin genede umutların ve dünyan hep en büyüğü olsun…dünyalı

July 20, 2018 at 8:03 am
  • Reply direct auto insurance Stuart FL

there would be a headline event DIVERSION just before or within 3 days after Arpaio's press conference.Obama's bagmen are pure evil. How do people become so DESPERATE??I know: 50% of the world population are psychologically impaired in the hypothalamus and frontal cortex. (emotional center for meglomania sociopathy and meglomania).Obama is a CANCER; he is carnivorous and eating us alive…like healthcare,less food to ration.STOP THIS EVIL HITLER REINCARNATED!!

July 20, 2018 at 8:48 am
  • Reply cheapest auto insurance Oxnard CA

Ormskinnet är vackert men fÃ¥r mej att rysa lite…Tänker pÃ¥ den sensommar jag tillbringade pÃ¥ en ö i Stockholms skärgÃ¥rd och hur det fullständigt kryllade av bÃ¥de ormar och ormskinn!! Ryyys !!

July 20, 2018 at 9:17 am
  • Reply free car insurance quotes Manteca CA

I am so very happy to learn of this tree. I recently planted a red oak in my yard last year and it looked like it was doing good. It died. I am so upset about it that I feel its all my fault and that I let it down. This time I’m calling a professional. I live in the hill country nothing but rock. Although there are a lot of live oak trees in this area I would love to have an Empire Oak tree in my yard. Two trees or three would be good. Please help me. Thank you, Mrs. Martinez

July 20, 2018 at 11:26 am
  • Reply car insurance quotes Navarre FL

Attractive component to content. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to claim that I get in fact loved account your blog posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing on your feeds and even I fulfillment you get admission to consistently quickly.

July 20, 2018 at 2:30 pm
  • Reply full coverage auto insurance Oxford AL

Toiros au Phasme : Madame MiniPhasme, […] je vous propose un “armistice préventif”…Hélas, pauvre ours, si le Phasme n’est guère épais, il tuerait pair et maire pour un bon mot.

July 20, 2018 at 2:35 pm
  • Reply affordable car insurance New Iberia LA

Olá Daniel, foi excelente mesmo o workshop, pelas informações que o Vinícius nos passou, mas também por vê uma turma com tantos talentos, em especial o seu, que salta aos olhos. Sucesso sempre.Beijos

July 20, 2018 at 3:03 pm
  • Reply car insurance with no license in Hagerstown MD

Elles sont trop cool ces photos, le pull jaune rend super bien avec le décor, comme quoi le hasard fait bien les choses parfois

July 20, 2018 at 4:25 pm
  • Reply low income auto insurance dmv Long Island City NY

Le principe c’est celui-ci: faut pas valoir de la m****, être pourri en tant qu’ami… Comme ça t’as des chances de coucher avec !Kapisch?

July 20, 2018 at 6:06 pm
  • Reply car insurance quotes Meriden CT

Lucky Thirteen – absolutely! For me, my luck began the day you walked into my interview. I have loved you deeply during our 18 years together and look forward to loving you forever… Your wife, Sally

July 20, 2018 at 6:14 pm
  • Reply low income auto insurance dmv West Des Moines IA

These are absolutely beautiful photos! It makes me want to have a few of these in my yard (not that I have a yard right now for them to live in…..but still). Just gorgeous. Such wonderful lighting and color.

July 20, 2018 at 6:21 pm
  • Reply car insurance quotes Holland MI

Aderisco volentieri a questa raccolta di firme per la figura del garante dei detenuti anche in Trentino. Come consigliere comunale di Trento insieme ad altri consiglieri comunali del PD avevamo proposto in consiglio comunale un ordine del giorno il 3 ottobre 2011 su questo tema, ma purtroppo non è stato approvato. Un plauso alle persone che continuano a mantenere viva l’attenzione su questo tema.

July 20, 2018 at 6:25 pm
  • Reply us agency car insurance La Habra CA

hi kristal! i just accidentally stumbled upon you and im already in love with your beautiful work. luckily i found you in time for the exhibition. i will be there! p/s. so amazing to know you were published in yen too! :D i did a guest illustrator stint with them for issue #39 :)

July 20, 2018 at 6:32 pm
  • Reply car insurance with no license in Venice FL

They had different age groups and genders fill out a survey about there lifestyle. Then they followed the eligible participants through there life an collected the data.

July 20, 2018 at 8:19 pm
  • Reply no down payment car insurance in Newburgh NY

To respond: I will be making calls about the h.s. coaching openings this week. It’s very hard to get school administrators on the phone this time of year, and nearly impossible during a holiday week. If I wanted to sweep it under the rug I would not have posted it on my blog and left it up there as the top item for two days, but I hope you amused yourself by needling me. I will be following it up this week at the Reebok Camp. My feel about Cheek: Seton Hall has no shot, Rutgers has an outside shot.

July 20, 2018 at 9:07 pm
  • Reply cheap full coverage car insurance Dover DE

Slappy, we all heard about that story at VCU, wingnut radio has been pushing it all day. Thankfully, no one was killed. There are some folks down in Louisiana who were not so fortunate.

July 20, 2018 at 9:29 pm
  • Reply non owners car insurance quotes Tonawanda NY

WANTED Un petit pot qui retient prisonnier l’amour (oui, c’est dans la « lanterne » !)OOOOOOOOH Phasme, je n’en demandais pas tant. Bon, c’est quand qu’on joue aux gendarmes ?

July 20, 2018 at 11:06 pm
  • Reply car insurance Magnolia TX

Ich hoffe einfach mal das evtl Karlsruhe doch noch dazu kommt . Immerhin wurde Karlsruhe immer hoch gelobt für die Stimmung und ausverkauft war es Ja auch also war nicht . Ich würd dann auch noch ein Konzert dazu Buchen .Überlegte euch jetzt habt ihr die Möglichkeit .

July 20, 2018 at 11:10 pm
  • Reply car insurance in Slidell LA

Boris Teck Simo Bonjours je voudrait participez au concours assasin’S creed lll sur Xpx360Pourquoi moi?:1-Je connais toute la série d’assassin’s creed.2-la chance peut sourire à tout le monde.3-J’ai envie de découvrir la suite d’un grand jeu.4-C’est la seul chance de l’avoir,pour évitez de payeSouhaiter une bonne journée à toute votre équipe de ma part !!Je le refait car je me suis tromper

July 20, 2018 at 11:42 pm
  • Reply car insurance Hollywood FL

Pisanki, Å›migus-dyngus, sobótki na Jana itp. to dla wielu katolików niestety tradycja chrzeÅ›cijaÅ„ska…”-od poczÄ…tku chrzeÅ›cijaÅ„stwo byÅ‚o religiÄ… dla biedoty intelektualnej.Nic siÄ™ w tej materii nie zmienia bo kk wie że ciemnotÄ… manipuluje siÄ™ najÅ‚atwiej i dba o staÅ‚y poziom zacofania od 2 tyÅ› lat.

July 21, 2018 at 2:31 am
  • Reply list of car insurances in Ontario CA

DONT? READ? THIS? Cause??? It Really Works.? YOU WILL? GET?? KISSED? ON THE NEAREST? POSSIBLE? FRIDAY BY THE LOVE OF YOUR?? LIFE. TOMORROW? WILL BE THE BEST? DAY OF? YOUR LIFE.?? HOWEVER IF? YOU DONT POST THIS COMMENT TO AT LEAST 3 VIDEOS YOU WILL DIE WITHIN 2 DAYS. NOW UV STARTED READIN? DIS?? DUNT STOP THIS IS?? SO SCARY. SEND THIS? OVER TO 5 VIDEOS IN 143 MINUTES?? WHEN UR DONE? PRESS F6? AND? UR CRUSHES?? NAME WILL? APPEAR ON? THE SCREEN IN? BIG LETTERS. THIS WORKS

July 21, 2018 at 3:02 am
  • Reply cheap car insurance Oak Creek WI

Loving these dots!! Hope I see you in High Point! I live an hour away so I go everyday. My favorite day is Monday when I go to just peruse and not work…

July 21, 2018 at 3:39 am
  • Reply direct auto insurance South Bend IN

CAPITALISM creates DRUG LORDS. LAWYERS. BANKERS. ELITE CRIMINALS. INEQUALITY. INSTABILITY. GREED. RUTHLESS COMMUNISM. NWO. NAZI. TERRORISM. LAZY PEOPLE. REBEL POLITICIAN. ANARCHY. worst is WAR etc.. ? ? ? ? ? ? . . CAPITALISM was designed only for CORRUPT OPPORTUNISTIC MANIPULATIVE LAZY POLITICIAN. BANKERS. NARCOPOLITICIAN. JUDGES. CRIMINALS. DICTATORS. RULERS. KING. SULTANATE. EMPEROR etc… . HARD WORKING PEACE LOVING HAPPY HONEST SOCIETY were always the slave victim and poorly starve? to death.

July 21, 2018 at 4:12 am
  • Reply auto insurance

HJr07 / No próximo encontro farei o possível para estar presente, nesse fds do encontro estava com minha família em Capitólio MG. Fazer o que né filho de Deputado viaja muito. rsss

July 21, 2018 at 4:23 am
  • Reply cheap full coverage auto insurance Cheyenne WY

Good lord, I nearly puked when I read the 'Hugs are 50 cents' one. Ugh. My daughter is only 4, so I haven't yet had to worry about that. But I DREAD that time. It is not like you get any help from any other segment of their day-to-day world. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

July 21, 2018 at 4:46 am
  • Reply cheapest auto insurance in Arlington VA

What a fabulous post! I despise the negative comments I hear made about charity shops, and I love how you dispelled typical comments one by one. Also, you look marvelous!xo, A.

July 21, 2018 at 6:32 am
  • Reply cheap auto insurance quotes Evansville IN

Great – I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your site. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs as well as related information ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, web site theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Nice task..

July 21, 2018 at 8:16 am
  • Reply auto insurance quotes Evans GA

Il en fait son favori inéluctable. Toute petite, donc, la chance.En tous cas quelle plume Karim, je suis chaque fois abasourdi.L’article SV posté par Franck, je l’ai aussi lu ce matin, ça faisait bien longtemps que je n’y avais plus lu qqch qui valait le détour. Ca vaut encore la peine d’aller vérifier de temps en temps quand même, manifestement.

July 21, 2018 at 9:05 am
  • Reply average car insurance rates in Omaha NE

Te invitamos a reservar una hora con nuestras nutricionistas que evaluarán tus características y hábitos, a fin de determinar la correcta dieta de alimentación que debes seguir conforme a tus objetivos. Envíanos un mail a otros datos de contacto los puedes ver en

July 21, 2018 at 9:13 am
  • Reply payless auto insurance Tallahassee FL

In pixel page, when visitors click on the ads that link to the advertiser’s Web site, on these web sites for hours. Currently, the guys that bought the ads are reporting fabulous amount shifts.

July 21, 2018 at 12:07 pm
  • Reply http://www.autofinanzierungz.pw/

du hast vollkommen recht: man redet die ganze Zeit von der ersten Phase… dabei: kleine Kinder, kleine Probleme, grosse Kinder, grosse Probleme. Diesen Spruch hasste ich. Ich hörte ihn immer von meiner Mutter. Aber – sie hatte recht. Veilleicht müsste man eher von Herausforderungen als Probleme reden. Aber es ist im Grundsatz so.

July 21, 2018 at 12:24 pm
  • Reply cheapest car insurance in Belleville MI

Merci Prof pour ce post ^^ (oujours aussi cool) j'aime voir les gens qui rentrent de vacances passé le 15 aout, même les bloggeurs se remettent à bosser ;) bon retour!

July 21, 2018 at 4:04 pm
  • Reply cheap auto insurance quotes La Habra CA

OMG, I feel like I am really missing something here. I devour books, probably reading 4-5 per week. It is my relaxation. I never thought about reviewing them for others. Great idea.Here from BCs.

July 21, 2018 at 4:46 pm
  • Reply auto insurance Sulphur Springs TX

Verdammte Axt 0  1Bitte mehr davon! Was sagt man zu einer Frau, die 10 Jahre unfallfrei Auto gefahren ist?! – Du kannst jetzt in den 2. schalten!Also entweder, durften einige schon in den 2. schalten oder sie werden es nie können.Mein Vater sagt beispielsweise immer: Wenn weniger Frauen im Polo/Corsa/Micra die Straßen im Schleichtempo behindern würden, dann wäre auch weniger Stau! Und hey: die CO2-Diskusion ist auch vorbei! Denkt darüber nach!

July 21, 2018 at 7:00 pm
  • Reply auto insurance quotes Cherry Hill NJ

Thank you! I think coconut milk in any variety should be okay from a FODMAP standpoint unless there are unsuitable additives added to it. Curries often use the full fat coconut milk and fat can be an IBS trigger–additionally other curry ingredients such as onion, garlic and broths if added can up the FODMAPs too. I encourage the light variety of coconut milk and not to go overboard–maybe 1/2 cup per sitting.

July 21, 2018 at 7:18 pm