So since we all know I LOVE the half marathon distance, by the way I’m sorry I’m STILL cheating on you with the full marathon halfsies… I’ll be back with you hopefully sooner than later, I thought it would be fun to write up 13.1 things I’m thankful for. Cliche, yes, entertaining, maybe. It pretty much goes without saying, but I’m so thankful for the fact that I’m alive. I can wake up every day and do what I want and I’m so grateful for the freedom that I have living in this country. Life is so short and I’m glad I’m constantly free to do what I want and when I want. I am so thankful for the pretty city I live in and the fun areas I can run through. So onto the list!
1. I am so thankful for my friends. I have some of the BEST friends around and I’m so thankful for them for being there for me throughout all my ups and downs. As I like to say from a well known TV show, “It might be a crazy life, but it’s my life,” and I wouldn’t have it any other way. From my high school girlfriends, to my running friends and to the people to comment and encourage me through my blog. You all mean a ton to me! I am so encouraged and inspired by so many people out there.
2. I am SO thankful for my roommate DJ! Without her I would not be as happy as I am today or living in the pueblo with her! She is such an amazing supporter of me and everything that I do and such a good little housewife. I love all our inside jokes and how ridiculous we are together. It makes my day so much better and I’m so glad she is one of my best friends. Our random romps through 2nd street, to watching TV and all the “good pauses” and just everything we laugh at makes me realize how lucky I am to live with her!
3. I am thankful for my family. My brother who constantly makes me laugh, a lot. I love you Baby Koo. I am so proud of you! :) My cousins who listen to me and who encourage me and the remainder of my family who also are supportive and love me unconditionally.
4. I am thankful for the ability to run. I’m not injured and these past few months I’ve had a lot of really great training runs and really felt great about running. I never knew what a big part of my life running would become but as I embark on the journey to my last marathon of the year, I can’t believe how far I’ve come this year alone. Four marathons in a year constantly blows my mind. What was I thinking?
5. I am thankful for the ability to write. I never realized how special writing was to me until I didn’t HAVE to do it after I graduated from college. Then I started to blog and I realized that I love writing and it makes me who I am today. Perhaps this is why I’m applying to grad school so I can get my MFA in Creative Writing. I never though I was a ‘writer’, and still I really don’t see myself as that, but it’s so fun and brings me almost as much happiness as running.
6. I am thankful for laughter and people who make me laugh. I love laughing. It’s my favorite thing to do, and I’m SO happy that my life is filled with people who make me laugh constantly. I couldn’t ask for anything more than laughter. I love the saying “Live what you Love” and laughing is something I love so much. I’m so glad that so many people are humorous and make me laugh.
7. I’m thankful for forgiveness. I’ve done my fair share of screw-ups and I’m glad the people around me and love me enough to forgive me. I am thankful for God for always being there for me throughout my life and for showing me what is the most important things to me. I’m shocked he hasn’t left me and thankful that he is there for me!
8. I’m thankful for food. Let’s not lie, I love to eat, and I’m SO thankful that I have food in my cupboards and a lunch to bring to work every day.Yup, I’m thankful for cheeseburgers!
9. I’m thankful for my job. In this economy a lot of people are struggling and I still have my job. At work I’m super thankful for my two giant computer screens and the fact that I can listen to music all day while emailing and working on projects! :)
10. I am so thankful for music! I don’t like running without music and I love listening to a huge variety of different kinds of music. Some of my favorite times of the day come on my hour commute home and just singing along to the music. I’m horrible and tone deaf, but it’s still so fun and relaxing. When I run it motivates me to keep going and to not stop, and I’m real thankful for that around mile 24!
11. I’m so thankful for the great race I had in Long Beach. I know I’ve said before it was the best day of my life, but seriously, I still read the posts that I wrote about that race and after that race and look at the pictures and relive the race and they make me cry every time. I am SO happy that I finally ran the race that I knew I could. I’m so happy that I have that race in my memories, it will never be forgotten. I mean, come on, no one should be this happy at mile 24.5!
12. I am thankful for unexpected surprises in my life that continue to happen.
13. I am thankful for races that I can run! I have CIM coming up so soon and I’m thankful for all the people who make races happen and give all us runners the opportunity to run and race. There are so many volunteers and so much that goes into each race and I’m thankful that everything goes smoothly!
.1. I think this is the most important part of a half marathon, because this is the part of the race that takes you to the finish line! If you didn’t run the last .1 you wouldn’t run a half marathon. So what I am most thankful is the twenty years I did get to spend with my Mom. Looking back on something you lost really makes you realize how special your time with them was. She has made me the person I am today, and I am so blessed that I did get to spend 20 years with her! Without her I wouldn’t be who I am today and I am forever grateful for her being a part of my life.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!