snippets of pain for your enjoyment.

Welp, Malibu Marathon pretty much owned me this weekend…in a tutu. But what is done is done, I completed another marathon, had a great time with friends (whom I already miss), and I have a sweet new medal! I’m sore mostly in my toes and my hip flexors and butt area, and I have a little chafe on my chest and under my arms? Weird. So onto the pictures…

IMG_3079
IMG_3110

and in all my pain and boredom while running I made quite a few videos for my lucky readers as well…. seriously. WOW. Anyways…

So this race report is huge and will be coming up sometime later this week, ┬áincluding weird awkward videos and tons of pictures of tutus running… so prepare yourself!

51 Responses to snippets of pain for your enjoyment.

1. CharmCityKim says:

I love your costume! Too cute!

Congrats on finishing another marathon (and enjoying it)! I hope that I can reach a place where I can run a marathon just for fun. :-)

2. muffin says:

you guys luck SUPER cute! cograts!

3. You did it. You finished. That’s all that matters. LOVE YOU.

4. aron says:

haha well at least you guys looked adorable through all the pain… i dont know how you ran 26.2 miles in a tutu!! big congrats on another marathon under your belt. CANNOT wait to seeeeeee you!!!!

5. kelsey says:

BEST video EVER!

I am always so interested in hearing people’s speaking voice!

I thought you’d have a high squeaky voice, but you don’t… haha. I’m random, I know, but adorable video! congrats on your finish!

6. kate says:

YAY – You look ADORABLE!

7. Morgan says:

I was thinking about you all day yesterday and hoping that you were having a good day… I knew there would be some pain but I figured the tu-tu’s would make it all better! LOL! Can’t wait for the whole report. Rest up girly!!!

8. Bootchez says:

Yay for another finish! Looking forward to the race report . . . I’m sure it all hurt but you guys LOOK fantastic, and isn’t that more important?

9. Kelly says:

I love the tutu! And the video made my sore, it hurts to move/sit/stand/walk day that much better.

10. Marcus says:

“This tutu was fun until mile three” is really a quote you should move forward with. It’s a riot. :)

11. Jamie says:

LOL you guys looked so cute! And kudos to you for still looking hot after running 26.2! How does that happen?

12. Jess says:

Can’t wait for the full race report. Love the costumes!

13. Alex says:

I seriously love your random videos! Congrats on a sweet new medal too!

14. Niki says:

Love the outfits! Ya’ll looked super cute :)

15. Marlene says:

Too awesome. Sorry to hear about the pain and chafing… hope you feel better soon. You girls looked awesome.

16. I don’t think I can be adequately prepared…haha!

Congrats on another one done…What is this? #3? Wow, we should now be calling you a marathon veteran…

Happy recovery and looking forward to your wacky and wild tutu report!

17. I am so impressed that not only did you run ANOTHER marathon but in a pink tutu. You go girl!

18. Ann says:

I don’t know how you did it. Those tutus were catching that horrible wind like crazy, but you finished WITH tutu! Congratulations! And it was so nice to meet you in real life, (and to be honest I was glad to beat the Malibu barbie girls with those huge tutus, in the pics they look much smaller then they really are!).

19. Shannon says:

I can’t wait to hear about the race!

20. rinus says:

Concrats and a nice marathon video!.
    Some times i also make marathon or Ultra movie when i run, thats nice.
    You go’s good and have run maathon fun.
    Rinus.

21. Michaela says:

Congrats! I have to say that I’m more than impressed — you had a lot of challenges right before your race, and you still finished!

I am definitely inspired. You gutted out 26.2 yesterday, while I struggled through a very painful 22-mile training run! Tell me it gets easier!

See you at CIM!!

22. Christina says:

You rock!

23. “The atmosphere at road races is relatively relaxed; it’s hard to take yourself too seriously when three rows behind you on the starting line is someone dressed up like a hot dog.”
    - Molly Huddle

I think the same can be said when you’re wearing pink tutus! Congrats on making it through another 26.2 miles!

24. Marci says:

Congrats on another marathon, and a tutu to boot!! Hope I get to meet you at CIM!

25. x-country2 says:

Holy Blair Witch video! :o)

Congrats on another marathon finish. Can’t wait to read the report.

26. Alisa says:

Oh boy…those hills look MASSIVE!!! Way to power through in a tutu no less.

The course did look pretty!

Love the video and how at mile 20 it was just two 5k’s to go =).

27. Adam says:

LOL. That tutu is AWESOME. :)

That video is almost blair witch-esq. I had to stop watching it because it was making me sick!!

28. KatieA. says:

Thanks for the tweets and pics…just awesome!
    Congrats on crossing the finish line on #3! Can’t wait for the report!! ;)

29. I agree with Ann, that pic somehow doesn’t capture the sheer poof that were those tutus. I enjoyed it until about mile 10 and then was like WTF.

LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

30. Monica C. says:

You looked good at Mile 20! It looked like you were the only one out there, though – yikes! Congrats on another marathon!

31. Milltini says:

you looked amazing, and all your tweets sounded like you kept a very positive attitude through it all. i’m proud of you and i am super impressed that you rocked your THIRD marathon. i was thinking about you yesterday when i went on my measley little 6 mile run (which for me was my first “long” run on the training sched.)

32. pen says:

First off, the tutu is fabulous. It really makes me want to be decked out in hot pink for the philly marathon this weekend!

And second, you looked AWESOME at mile 20. The fact that you could talk, film and run still at mile twenty? Ah.may.zing.

33. That is insane! You taking a video montage at mile 20 speaks volume about how much you rock! But seriously, were you running this by yourself? You must have rocked this too hard for anyone to follow!

34. Katie says:

That tutu is awesome. And considering you were so sick before you finished and that is great!

That video seriously though makes me a little sick to watch ;) YOU ROCK!

35. Billy Burger says:

Holy crap.

Pics, videos, tweets…all while running a marathon in a tutu. You should mention this somewhere on your resume.

Now let’s see the rest of the hilarity!

36. betty says:

I love your outfit!! You all look super cute!

37. Kristen says:

Two more 5Ks to go. I loved the pained attempt at a smile when you said that! Love it!
    Congratulations on marathon 3. Are you a maniac yet?

38. J says:

WEll glad to see you still had your sense of humor at mile 20. Great job on another marathon girl!

39. you did it! and in an amazing tutu no less. can’t wait to hear the recap!

i’m rolling at your videos. seriously u crack me up girl. MAMA NO LIKeY!!!lol great job hun! cant wait for the crazyness in 3 weeks!!!!! xoxo

41. LOL Seriously!?!? A video while running a marathon!?!?

Ahahahha – you kill me!

42. Love the pink y’all look precious!

43. rioruns says:

Cute outfits! The chafing, though. OW! Glad you had fun. Looking forward to the report!

44. Madeline says:

Effing hysterical. You are such an inspiration, because you always are having so much fun when you’re running insane amount of marathons.

45. Zoe says:

Just how cute are you in your pink tutu??? You girls rocked the pink barbie look! Sorry Malibu was mean, but that’s another marathon in your books. Woohoo! :)

46. john says:

mile 20 and you’re still able to talk coherently and look that good? craziness!

nice work on marathon #3. are you one of those people that thinks marathons are no big deal? i’ve done three (including the silliness in chicagon in 2007) and it’s still a BIG deal for me to physically and mentally prepare. and i’ve never run one in a tutu.

47. Glenn Jones says:

I am soooo glad I had second thoughts about this marathon! WTG on the strong effort and strong finish. I saw some of the elevation profiles after the race and that was a beast of a race.

48. Spike says:

“if its going to hurt, at least wear a pink tutu,” that is what my dad always says. I never understood it, until now.

congrats on running 26.2, you rock.

49. Thomas says:

The pictures are awesome, it is great to see people out there really enjoying themselves.