Let’s do this. Round…three?

So this weekend is Malibu Marathon. Yea, let me just say that crept up on me, um, pretty quickly. So I’ll be at the starting line of yet another 26.2 mile journey on Sunday. Funny how after San Diego I said I would never run another one and this marathon, yea totally for FUN? How does this compute you may ask? Believe me, I’m asking myself the same question.

So I ran San Diego in May, had a crappy time, swore off marathons. I didn’t have much expectations for that race, but it was my first marathon, and I did want it not to suck. It sucked. I was so sad afterwords, blah, blah you all know the story. Then a weird thing happened. I wanted to do it again. I wanted to try it again and do better, because deep down, I KNEW I could do way better.

lbm

Then came the best day of my life thus far, the Long Beach Marathon. Saying I had fun is the understatement of the year and that was my redemption race and what I’ve always wanted. Blah, blah, blah, I am maybe even going to admit that when I read that race recap, which I do once a week, I still get teary eyed. When I was training for Long Beach, I maybe got a little too excited about marathoning and signed up for a few more marathons. Thus the reason I’ll be running Malibu this weekend, and CIM December 6th. Yea, another marathon December 6th. What have I become?

Now it’s time for Malibu. Many of you know right now I’m running just for myself, I don’t specifically care about my time, though I do feel very content with the fact that I ran sub 4 in Long Beach. Plus there are a lot of other factors that we must think of when we discuss goals in Malibu. These factors include the grand idea that we had a while back which includes wearing a costume for the marathon. Maritza and Tara are coming down to run the race and are in on the costume shenanigans and we are all dressing up as Malibu Barbies. So if you remember when I did the Avon 2 day walk, I wore a tutu the 2nd day.

tutu

Well this skirt is dusted off and ready to go the distance again. I also have a pink nike tank top, that you may have seen before, pink knee high socks, pink bows for my hair, my nails are pink and, yes, I’ll be wearing my usual makeup. I’m still debating how I want to do my hair, but lets just say it’s going to look like a pink fairy threw up all over me. Then the other day, I got new vomeros. Yup, they are pink too. Maritza was even clever enough to make us signs to pin to our backs that say Malibu Danica and yup, it’s in Barbie font. This is just getting ridiculous. Ridiculously AWESOME.

Now to be completely honest, in every race I’ve run, there have been people wearing costumes, wigs, everything, because let’s face it, people are crazy. Every time I see anyone wearing a costume, I think to myself, WOW, so you’re SO good that you can just joke around for 26.2 miles? Huh? What a JERK! Welp, now I’m that person. I’m running a marathon in a costume. At least I know the pictures will be pretty entertaining and I will be tweeting from the race, and taking videos. So this race is a lot like the race I ran in San Fransisco, I want to enjoy it and just soak in the atmosphere. I also was sick for two weeks, which were the two weeks where I needed to get in a long run, yea, that didn’t happen. The farthest I’ve run since Long Beach is 6.2 miles last weekend. BUT I do have a heart-shaped cookie cutter for my peanut butter and jellies this time, so that is totally going to make a huge difference! HA!

So this weekend, it’s all about good times with some of my best friends, and yea, we’ll be running a marathon. I’m excited to run Malibu because it should be pretty and it’s the inaugural marathon. No one’s ever run it before. That is both really cool and really scary. So, this weekend my number one goal is to make it to the finish line and take a ton of pictures and have a blast. I’m going to try to run with Tara and we’ll see how crazy we can be together. I know we are probably going to scream at people and be very weird, so it should be interesting.

Anyways, I have had lots of luck finding some sick new jams, especially with the help of Tara, so I thought I would share them with you as well this wonderful Friday the 13th. Some of these are pretty gangster so prepare yourself!

Sean Garrett feat. Gucci Mane – Up in My Heart I LOVE this song! It’s got a good beat :)

Timbaland – Ease off the Liquor This is another really good fast song. I would go to say it might be my favorite right now

Jesse McCarney – Body Language This is the song that would battle the song above for my favorite right now

Justin Bieber – One Time I know he’s like 15. Don’t judge me, I love him.

Jay Sean – Down Another good running jam

New Boyz feat. Ray J – Tie Me Down This one is a little slower but still good for running

Drake feat. Birdman – Money to Blow This is pretty gangster, but I like it a lot

One Republic – Good Life This one is good for a long run!

Adam Lambert – For your Entertainment This is actually surprisingly good. I didn’t know if I would like it but I LOVE IT! :) It’s really fast too

Rhianna feat. Young Jeezy – So Hard This is a good song, but it’s lyrics are a little weird

AND this new song just came out yesterday, and thanks to my roomie DJ’s obsession with Lady Gaga, she sent me the link when it came out! I am in LOVE with it!

Lady Gaga – Telephone (Skip to :23 for the song to start)

If you would have told me I would be running my 3rd marathon of the year this weekend at the beginning of the year, I would have laughed. I told myself I wouldn’t run a full marathon until 2010.

So cheers to Malibu! I respect the distance. 26.2 miles isn’t a joke, but this Barbie is READY! :)

52 Responses to Let’s do this. Round…three?

1. Kelly says:

Yay! I can’t way to see pics! You’ll rock it!

2. Billy Burger says:

Wow, I’m old. I don’t know ANY of the songs on that list. Guess not listening to the radio doesn’t help either.

ANYway, I digress from the pressing issue at the hand: that outfit. Dang kid, you’ve got some balls! Haha, no I kid, very cute and very…Danica.

You guys are gonna have a blast! Aren’t you glad I talked you into Malibu instead of podunk San Antonio now?

Say hi to the other Barbies for me (Tara + Maritza). And take lots of pics!

3. Anna says:

I think we may be music soul mates!!! I have been listening to all of these songs to get me jacked up for my next race in a week YIKES! I also made a bright green tutu for the st. pats race (only 4 months before the race)anyways have sooo much fun this weekend and I wish you were carrying a boom box blasting barbie girl by aqua!!!

4. Good luck my friend!! Wishing you the very, very best!

5. Tara says:

The theme for this weekend is ridiculousness!!! it’s going to be so much fun and I’m so excited to run 26.2 with you! We’re gonna own that course!!! GO HARD or GO HOME! lol

6. catherine says:

hey..great outfits! very important to look good while running huge distances! good luck with malibu…looking fward to hearing the race report…

7. aron says:

i wish i was there to witness all the pink foof – but sadly i am not :( HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!! cannot wait to see you again at CIM!!! yayyyyyy. thanks for the songs, i will be adding them to the mix this weekend :)

8. Alisa says:

I so heart the “bad romance” Gaga song I’m stoked to find the one you mentioned!

Also, you know me, I love me some gansta!!! Fo sho!

Enjoy this weekend, you girls are going to have such a good time, can’t wait to see pics.

9. Abbie says:

Your enthusiasm makes me giggle. Ridiculous… ridiculously AWESOME! I love it. Good luck, and have a fabulous time!

10. Morgan says:

I L-O-V-E the Malibu Danica idea! Can’t wait to see the pics! Have fun and live it up!!

As for Justin… I stand by my accusation earlier… Cougar! LOL!

11. DavidH says:

Have fun! Can’t wait to have the race report!
    For me, I wanted to run a marathon before the age of 40, which I did this year (I’m currently 36), so it leaves lots of time before I run others before I turn 40! Perhaps should I consider something else now… triathlon? ultra? Hm, let’s focus on marathons only for now.
    Good luck for Sunday!

12. Jess says:

Can’t wait to read the race report and see the pictures! Hope you have a blast!

13. Ann says:

Can’t wait to see you Barbies cruising along the PCH, it’ll be so COOL! Now you got me all freaked out to be a little more colorfull also because you’re right, this is MALIBU, dress up and live it up! See you Sunday, and I’ll be screaming to you girls too, GO BARBIES! (and yes, you should be singing along the way ‘Baries girls’ from Aqua or at least on the finish.)

14. Shannon says:

Good luck! I’m sure you’ll do great!

15. Lisa says:

Good luck and have FUN!

I recently found your blog while searching for reviews on the Southern CA Half in Irvine. I just moved to OC from San Diego. Ironically, I am a follower of Maritza’s blog as well as Aron’s. I also ran SD RNR and had a hard time (2 years in a row) and am still waiting for redemption, which will hopefully come at Surf City.

I wanted to stop by and say hi and let you know that I am following you. Have a fantastic time in Malibu. I can’t wait to read all about a fun marathon!

16. You peeps are going to have the TIME of YOUR LIVES!!!! Seriously hilarious!!

Can’t wait to see the pictures!

Have a blast!!! :o)

17. KatieA. says:

Love the Barbie outfits! HOT!! So excited for you! Enjoy every mile and the awesome company of Tara and Maritza! So excited your gonna tweet, too! Have a fabulous weekend, girly! :)

18. Katie says:

I love Down.

And I LOVE the Barbie shout out! Enjoy it if it’s not fun why do it? Good luck!

19. Never underestimate the power of the tutu. NEVER.

Barbies fo life! Let’s DO THIS!

20. Marlene says:

You are a HOOT! Love the “Malibu Danica” idea – have fun with it.

21. Natalie says:

Oooh thank you for the new song ideas! And I love that you’re rocking the pink for this weekend.

Can’t wait to read your race report, and I hope you have a blst. :)

Natalie

22. skinnyrunner says:

good luck barbie! you’ll rock it fo sho.

23. Amy says:

Yay!!!!!! Good luck and HAVE Fun!!!! :)

24. Jamie says:

Danica… you are going to rock it. I think the “do it for fun” attitude will totally help. Don’t stress… do it for YOU and just finish! No need to get all caught up in numbers =)
    GOOOOOOOOD LUCK! You are inspiring!

25. Betty says:

Thanks for the playlist. I loved all the songs.

Have fun running your third full marathon. I’m sure you will look awesome! Can’t wait to see the pictures.

26. Sasha says:

Have fun! You’ll do great! Can’t wait to see some pics.

27. Yay, Yay, Yay! I’m so excited for you, Barbie! Rock Malibu and paint the course PINK!!!

You’re so awesome, Danica! Have fun in your third 26.2!!!

28. N.D. says:

wow i;ve been mia, marathon#3!!!! good luck!!

29. Erin F. says:

OMG how fun!!! I can’t wait till I get to the point in distance running where I can dress up and act all fun/silly! Have fun, look cute, and I can’t wait to see the pictures/videos! :)

30. Sarah says:

Good luck! Can’t wait to read all about it!

good luck gf!!! next one we will be taking off together!! :) have fun with the girlies & ill see YOU in 3 weeks!!!!!

32. Good luck girl! Love the outfit… I did the same thing after my first marathon I told myself I would never do it again and yet here I am training for my 2nd one. Go figure! :)

33. Jessica says:

I am very excited for the Adam Lambert album! His song channels a little Britney, but it sounds like a fab song to run to! I’ll have to add that to my list.

34. X-country2 says:

Good luck getting those hair buns just right. I know that was the key to your last race.

35. Felice says:

Good luck, Danica! Have a great time. Love the outfit :-)

36. Spike says:

so, not running a marathon until 2010 is the best FAIL I’ve seen all year long…way to go and best of luck!

37. J says:

GOOD LUCK!!! Hope that race went well!

38. Es says:

Good luck! xoxo

39. Joerunfordom says:

Best of luck tomorrow! Have a great race. I’ll be thinking of you out here in Austin.

40. Good luck tomorrow! Have fun (I know you will).

41. The costumes sound super cute! I can’t wait to see race photos. I’ve always wondered how people can endure running for 26.2 miles wearing a crazy outfit, but I can imagine its really fun!

Have a great race!

42. Denise says:

Good luck! Sounds like it will be a such a fun time. I’m looking forward to getting past Philly marathon next weekend then running a marathon just for fun.

43. kristen says:

I know it’s way too late for this but, GOOD LUCK. I’m thinking of you. SOunds like your going to have a blast! Glad you could get more use out of that tutu.

44. Glenn Jones says:

Hmmm. You’re not turning into an Emil are you? Bet of luck! Looks like the weather is great today for a fun run along the coast.

45. Bootchez says:

Too late to say good luck . . . looking forward to hearing how your race went. And thank you! for the music posts; I’m constantly stuck in the 70s and 80s and always looking for new music.

46. Sara says:

Can’t wait to hear how it went! I’m sure you rocked it! I just did the Iron Girl 5K today in Tempe AZ.. LOVED IT! Felt great and was just the right amount of mileage after being in the hospital for a week 2 weeks ago!

47. Erin says:

LOVED the mix list :) Some of my current faves and some new-to-me faves! Hope the legs aren’t too sore tonight/tomorrow.

48. “Barbie font,” too?!? THAT’S attention to detail!! Nice race!! Congrats on a sub-4:15!

49. p.s. It was GREAT to meet you!!