it’s just an extension of my arm…

I have a confession. I’m uber addicted to my iPhone. I have gotten some questions about how I took the videos this past week and though two of the videos are from my actual camera, the majority of the pictures and videos are from my iPhone. Don’t think I’m obsessed?

5408_569657200440_19911959_33556653_6260661_n

In Vegas this past August, and I couldn’t get enough of the iPhone, obviously I need to keep up with….??? Yea, I know, my roommate LOVES to take pictures of me with my iPhone and then make fun of me. But, it is sad.

8517_574981630240_19911959_33761790_1050647_n

Yea, this picture is ridiculous on a lot of accounts, BUT, it makes me laugh and continues to show that yes, I just can’t get enough of my first born, and yes, my favorite beer is Coors Light, or liquid gold as I call it.

10224_509234723796_142500306_30381684_100095_n

What is that in my right hand during the Long Beach Marathon? Who was tweeting, texting and on her iPhone during the entire race?

13840_579833531990_19911959_33926277_1716204_n

Halloween? Even the money you’ve been saving with geico needs to be on the iPhone! Gotta keep up with giving people the right quotes!

13639_201979259594_643084594_3997918_6119218_n

I just ran a race in a tutu and what am I doing? Yup, this weekend it was attached to my hand at all times, yet again.

So we all know I am addicted. I just wanted to let you guys know how I was taking videos and pictures throughout the race. I carry my iPhone with my in my iFitness belt (which I LOVE and swear by) and then I just whip it out  whenever I get bored (that’s what she said). My spelling while running isn’t the greatest, but it does take my mind of what I’m doing for a little bit. Also, while taking video I do realize I need to be better about not flipping it sideways and then up and down. I will make a conscience effort next race! HA! (Also, fyi, I used the Twitteriffic app to tweet)

Also, I barely ever take my phone on any training runs at all, so most of the time it’s only during the race when I have it. I find that using my camera is a little bit more bulky and hard to put back in and out of my pouch on my belt too, so thus I’m pretty sure I’ll be sticking with the iPhone.

When I made the videos during the Malibu Marathon, I also had my music on so if I seem like I’m yelling, it’s probably because I am. I just tried to talk as normal as possible but my music is on pretty loud. Ah, the joys of watching yourself make an idiot of yourself while running a marathon, and then sharing it online. Simply a brilliant idea!

This morning I got in a quick six miler that included some rolling hills. My legs feel back to 100% and I’m getting excited for CIM but I know I will be so cold up there, so that is already going into consideration when I am running in the mornings of what I will be wearing up in Sacramento in…gulp…SIXTEEN DAYS. I’m excited and then guess what’s waiting for me after that marathon.  A LOT of 4-7 milers, cross training, and a big fat BREAK from running 26.2 miles!

33 Responses to it’s just an extension of my arm…

1. Cristina says:

I love my iPhone 3G. I tweet from it, try the Facebook thing (the app doesn’t work for me all the time, so bummer) and sometimes I have tunes on there like Britney Spears and etc. But yeah, I spent the day yesterday well the afternoon, at a clinic with chest pain, and I used my iPHone the entire time just killing time..

2. The fact that you drink Coors Light makes me love you even more! HA!

I want an Iphone so bad! Maybe if I keep whining enough, Verizon will let me out of my contract???

3. Kelly says:

Brandon used to make fun of me for always being on mine. He called it my crack or my other boyfriend. Now he has one haha! Oh,PS you’re amazing.

4. What app do you use to tweet with during a race?

And do you listen to an iPod Nano AND carry your iPhone?!

You’re so awesome… I love how fun and carefree you make the marathon distance feel; with twittering, videos, pics and tutus!

5. Jamie says:

Couple things… I just FINALLY came into the iPhone world and I am completely obsessed w/ it also! LOL What apps do you have???
    Also… I too consider Coors Light liquid GOLD! OMG its my FAVORITE! Our fridge is always full stocked. LOL It helps me keep my CURVY figure LOL !!!!

6. Jamie says:

I also have to ask… how do you not drop the iPhone when you run? Mine would be a goner!

7. Jamie says:

Gosh.. I should really WAIT to hit the “Say it” button until I am all DONE saying it. LOL
    I was going to let you know that it was 39 degrees this morning and I am about 45 min north of Sacramento… its gonna be CHILLY! FYI!

8. J says:

I feel if I had an iPhone I would be the same way!!

9. Erin F. says:

I have a blackberry and I totally wish I got the iPhone instead. Seriously SO jealous! Those videos were pretty great quality, and the pictures too! And your thats what she said comment: brilliant. Cracked me up. Good start to the morning

10. Pingback: Meet Chic Runner! « Sh0w and T3ll

11. LOL I feel like I’d get dizzy if I used my iPhone while racing. Maybe I’ll try it sometime though… hmmm :-)

12. iPhone wh*re.

AND I LOVE YOU FOR IT!

13. Marlene says:

LOL, Danica, this does not surprise us. This blog should be called “Chic Runner and her Chic Phone”

14. KatieA. says:

I would love to have an iPhone, unfortunately my husband and AT&T don’t get along so I will forever be jealous.
    I can’t belive CIM is 16 days away. I would be lying if I said I was excited…I am feeling a bit burned out. Great job on the miles! :)

15. ilovesteaks says:

don’t let anybody give you crap about your iCrack! Oh, and get off the maniac bus while you still can! :)

16. I’m the SAME way with my blackberry! I’m glad to know I’m not alone because my friends are constantly making fun of me and yelling at me to put down my phone!!

17. Bootchez says:

I completely get the iPhone addiction, but can’t for the life of me imagine how you can run and tweet and facebook all at the same time — you must be very coordinated as well!

18. Abbie says:

You crack me up. “That’s what she said”– I swear you write something in every post that makes me laugh out loud. :)

19. Zoë says:

That’s what she said!

MWA HA HA HA HA!
    I guess I was late to comment on that joke. Eh, it was funny still.
    iPhones are little pieces of heaven…mine is always with me when running too. ;)

i’m the same way with my crackberry.

and probably would be worse if i had an iphone… :)

wahoo for being in california in 2 weeks!!! :)

21. Stevi Honaker says:

My iphone addiction has caused my husband to state that is was the worst thing he has ever bought me.

Seriously though I love mine too, but how do you take video???? Mine doesn’t have video…I must figure out the video.

22. You and your iPhone are so cute together! The videos are awesome! But seriously, I’m wondering how fast you could have run if you weren’t texting, videoconfering or twittering while you run…

23. Melanie says:

Cold in CA? I find this hard to believe. :)

I want an iPhone sooo bad, and I know that I’d totally be the same way.

24. Damn it. You beat me to “that’s what she said.” Because I know that I whip it out when I get bored…

25. kristen says:

Yikes, remind me to steer clear of you on the road :)

26. Dude! The “that’s what she said” thing made me die! You are so funny. I’m addicted to my phone, too, but it’s an env3. I have to have it with me!

27. Alisa says:

Yeah iphone! I’m obsessed too!

You’re going to rock CIM and then enjoy your well deserved break. =)

28. Zofie says:

I know exactly what you mean. I had an iPhone..oh how I miss it. I was constantly messing around with it. So much so that my boyfriend started calling me “Gigawatts”. LOL!

29. Jen says:

Glad I’m not the only one! My bf makes fun of me all the time. The iPhone is always glued to my hand.

PS – love that you have 2 coors lights!

30. Smurf says:

You should totally make that one of you with the headphones and the iPhone your avatar on RWOL, just to get folks’ knickers all up in a bunch.

31. Ms.V says:

I’m totally addicted, and all my friends make fun of it. AND I constantly deny it, even as I’m eyeballing it out of the corner of my eye.

Now I know I’m not alone. LOL

32. carpeviam says:

I completely relate. This post made me laugh SO hard. Saw myself in everything you wrote. I have to consciously put the iPhone down. It drives everyone around me absolutely batty. BUT, when they need internet access, or directions, they always ask me first! Hmmm…

33. Pingback: What is on my iPhone Version deux | Chic Runner