Halloween in pictures

So this Halloween, I was a little under the weather but after spending tons of time on my costume I knew I still had to wear it out. After getting sick I changed the outfit up a little bit so I would be warmer as well.  If I had a dollar for everyone who yelled at me about geico, and the word ‘money’,  I would be a rich, rich girl. Overall the costume was really fun, and I did love it, but man, not really thinking about logistics of the costume killed me. I couldn’t fit through doors, really move my arms, or dance at all. Whaaaa Whaaaaa! Anyways, here are some pictures from the nights we went out. halloween1

The finished product. This was the weekend before I got sick so I wore different shorts and a tank top.

halloween3

This was the group! There were a lot of Billy Mays, and then my friend was a cow, and there was an 70′s girl, a desperate housewife and a box wine.

halloween4

This picture is typical. :) It was so hard to check my phone though! :)

halloween5

This was the night before Halloween. My friend was Minnie, then DJ was Lady Gaga and our other friend didn’t have a costume.

halloween6

The money you could be saving with Geico and Lady Gaga. Just dance! Then it was kind of a last minute thing on Halloween night, but some of my friends were going out and I was bored at home so I decided to go out with them. I was tired of being socially awkward and being yelled at and not being able to move all night so I just was a ‘football player’ from USC. Yea, I was dressed up like that after that horrific loss they took on Saturday. So sad. I should have made some tears to go with that costume.

halloween2

We danced and it was fun, I’m glad I decided to go out last minute and even more glad I got to dance!

Anyways, so back to the whole running thing. This past week I didn’t run at all. I didn’t go to the gym at all, I didn’t do anything. It was nice to take a break, but at the same time, I love working out and missed it! I am feeling much, much better thanks to some delicious prescriptions from my doctor, but I still have a pesky cough that sounds like a seal. I am a little scared to start getting back out there so quickly because I don’t want to make myself sick again, but man, I have missed running! I am excited to get back on track this week and start running and working out again. I need to get back working out, since Malibu is a short two weeks away already!

I know that Malibu is going to just be a training run and it will be for fun so I’m excited about it and not worried about my time. It’s the inaugural race, so there should be a lot of fun and exciting things going on as well. I watched the NYC marathon this weekend and it made me so excited to run another marathon again. Watching USA take back the marathon with Meb was so incredibly inspiring and seeing all the energy in New York was amazing. I still am so incredibly happy with everything that happened at the Long Beach marathon and that perfect day that I was so blessed with. I can only hope to get a glimpse of a race like that race again, but as for right now, I’m looking forward to enjoying my time in Malibu, taking tons of pictures and dressing up with friends.

Tonight I’m going to hit up the gym and do some spin and hopefully I will feel well enough to run tomorrow morning. I’ll start off slow with some shorter mileage but I don’t think I’ve lost that much by not running all week, but you never know. Also, remember, I put up a Q&A post so if you have any questions for me, I’ll be answering them on Thursday! So post a comment on this post if you have a question for me.

I can’t believe it’s already November. Where  does the time go! Soon it will be Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love the fall and running when the air is crisp!

27 Responses to Halloween in pictures

1. Cristina says:

Sounds like you had a great evening.

2. Loveeeeee the costume! SO clever! Have fun running tomorrow. I need to get back out there too.

3. Jocelyn says:

I really loved your costume. You get so many extra points for being so creative! Wish you had been here to watch Tara kick butt in the NYC Marathon. Have fun on the bike tonight!

4. Nikki says:

Glad you’re feeling better and ready to start running again! Not being able to run when you’re sick/hurt is the worst!

5. Great costume! Yes, it stinks not to be able to run when you’re sick. I was sick for three weeks in September, and it was no fun at all.

6. Jennifer says:

Your Geico costume was adorable! Love it. I saw someone dressed as that here but he just had the fake money attached to a hat. Not nearly as good.

Oh and I know how you feel about everyone yelling at you about Geico… one of my friends went as a beer pong table and every. single. person. we passed had to yell out “Look a beer pong table!” or better yet ask “Are you a beer pong table?”

7. Michaela says:

Nice costumes! Haha — Lady Gaga cracks me up.

8. oz runner says:

that Geico costume is hilarious…i went as a referee…and, yes, what happened to USC? wow, they got taken to the woodshed…

9. Jamie says:

Your Geico costume was adorable! I can see how it may have been hard to move in ! LOL Good work. You looked hot as a football player too… go girl =)
    Take it easy getting back into the swing of things. Your body has been thru a lot being sick. It takes a lot out of you.

10. Morgan says:

Seriously I told so many people about your costume (as if I knew you personally of course so as not to appear like a weird blogger or anything…) :) Glad you’re feeling better!!!

11. Marlene says:

I imagine it was pretty interesting maneuvering that thing around all night. GREAT costume though!

Glad you are finally feeling better. Hopefully you can kick that cough in plenty of time for Malibu.

12. ShutupandRun says:

Love the costume. I think those guys were yelling at you about your great legs…:)

13. aron says:

love the costumes but i cant imagine wearing that money around all night!! i wore wings a couple years and those were such a pain, i cant imagine your costume!

14. Milltini says:

HAH!! Love the costume…I actually thought about this idea too and was like “how could I make that work”? You pulled it off so well.

Also, I just put my name in the lottery for 2010 NYC Marathon. I am NOT a runner and I am not quite sure what I am doing, but I feel like I really need to do this for myself. I need a challenge in a big way. Chances are, I probably won’t get picked since 1 million people put themselves in the lottery, but we shall see! Either way, any advice/words of wisdom would be much appreciated. I’ll be stopping here quite frequently for inspiration ;-)

15. B.o.B. says:

Glad you all had fun. I saw lots of Gagas and Billy Mays myself. You my friend, were the only stack of money. Again, well done with the costume. You are awesome!

16. E says:

thanks for the comment on my blog. YOU are so inspiring to me- i am so impressed with your running endeavors! you make me (almost) want to run another marathon! :)

17. Marcia says:

what a fun Halloween! Glad you’re feeling better. Smart to not rush the running. I’ll bet you haven’t lost anything–maybe a tad weak but you’ll regain stength fast.

18. Denise says:

Great pictures!! I actually know someone else who did the gieco thing…so you’re not the only one obsessed with it.

19. Looks like you had a fab time– happy to hear you’re feeling better as well. Oh and I can’t decide how I feel about the USC loss… happy they lost but also sad because, well, it wasn’t to OSU.

20. Kyla Roma says:

Just found your blog through wearing mascara & I love your costume! It looks like a huge commitment to not end up scratching any walls lol But it looked great!

I’m totally in awe of your marathon running, I always tell myself that if I lived somewhere warmer I could do it… maybe? lol

21. Spike says:

such a great costume!!! glad you had fun, even if you had a hard time getting through a door.

22. Seriously the costume was to die for! My husby and I play “Find the geico sign” on road trips, the first to spot one has to say “I feel like somebody’s watching me”…and also during football season…where the geico commercials come in two’s! It’s tricky!

23. Zoe says:

So glad you are feeling better! Also, you rocked that money! :) Hee hee! DJ looked perfect as Lady Gaga, too.

24. kristen says:

You had THE BEST costume. So original! I hope you start to get better. Hopefully the meds will kick in and get you back to 100% in a couple of days.

25. Alisa says:

Fun times! Makes me wish I did something other than sit on my butt on Halloween.

26. Amanda says:

That Geico costume is sweet!