Why are T-Rex’s Arms so small and other things.

Friday, Friday, Friday! Welcome back, and how I love you. I don’t know if I can ever top my icebath video last week, but I’ll try with more funny things. So I have google analytics on my site. It’s entertaining to me to see what people come to my site for. Yes, I can see how you got here, you little creepers. :) There are just some funny ones, that crack me up and I just had to post some. This is ONLY for the month of September too. Seriously. What are you people expecting to find out there?! :)

“ran into wall” & “black eye” – Okay so for this one… I pretty much have no idea where this comes from. I know that I’m a klutz, but really? Running into a wall and getting a black eye too? It seems like this belongs on Texts from Last Night, or FML.

dead birds accessory – Um, this was from the dead bird post I did a while back, but an accessory, for a dead bird? This seems sketchy!

getting to know your retired greyhound - ha, ha, ha! So this was from the comparison I made when I compared myself to a retired greyhound, but man, your on your own for getting to know your retired greyhound

1/2  marathon tomorrow, how do I prepare? – Dude, um, I hope you’ve trained thus far, for your sake at least. This one just made me laugh. AGAIN.

bathroom accident in marathon – Well we all know I’m pretty open about the ‘accidents’ I’ve had, well they weren’t accidents, just unplanned stops along the route. But still, if you are googling this, perhaps it’s time to stop taking GU’s!

Can dogs drink nuun? – AHAHAHAHA, this killed me as well. Um, I would assume they can? I mean, I don’t think it would kill them, but I probably wouldn’t give it to them? This is a good question!

Do skinny people chafe? – YES! this is true! I chafe like a beast. Everyone chafes, no matter what. Unless you bathe in body glide, which I try to do and still chafe miserably.

I want to see if my baby and it’s dad looks alike? – I couldn’t stop laughing about this. I know I posted a lot of stuff about looking like my family, in April during when I posted about being adopted a lot, but really? Who googles this? I think you need to step away from google and work on your family problems!

Picture of runner throwing up – Yea, you won’t be finding that on my site! Thankfully I’ve never thrown up before or after a race. :)

When I eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches I get dizzy and sweaty- This cracked me up too. What the heck. I think you might have a problem, called you are high, but hey, good thing they work for me at least and I don’t get dizzy and sweaty!

26.2 miles…what could possibly go wrong? - I will leave it at A LOT of things!

inspirational sayings and for people who have broken a limb–arm or leg, etc - It wouldn’t be that funny, until you write, arm or leg, etc. That was the proverbial icing on the cake for this one.

didgeridoos for sale in San Diego - WHAT?

marathon runner poop accident - I guess this goes back to my first wonderful attempt at a marathon in San Diego. That will never be lived down. Ever. But this is still entertaining that other people have the same problem.

Why are T-Rex’s arms so small? - Good question. I have no idea. Funny thing is each month I get about 5 searches for things related to T-Rex Arms. I ask myself the same question, why are my arms so T-Rex like? :)

But I guess I’m doing good, because in the words of step brothers… Don’t ever lose your Dinosaur!

One funny picture came to me last weekend from my little brother. We don’t really text that much and this was all that showed up in my inbox. This was our conversation.

tayme

Yup he sent me this random picture of him and I sent him one back of me throwing up a westside, annnnnd that was the end of our conversation as you can tell. My brother cracks me up with his randomness.

Ahhh little brothers.

Last long run of this training sesh before Long Beach is tomorrow and I’m ready for some short miles! I have a feeling next weeks posts might be all about Long Beach? Just a thought!

33 Responses to Why are T-Rex’s Arms so small and other things.

1. Shannon says:

I use Google Analytics too! It’s crazy the stuff they search for and somehow end up on our sites! I did this type of post a few months back – I think it might be time to do it again!

2. kristen says:

“I want to see if my baby looks like it’s dad” wtf?? I think they were looking for the Maury Povich show, not chic runner. LOL

3. x-country2 says:

Those are great. Especially the baby daddy one.

4. jeff says:

haha! now that we know you check your search keywords, i’m sure everyone will be scouring your posts to find bizarre combination of words to search with and then click back onto your site.

you know, something like “i adopted a westside dinosaur” or “how to make a didgeridoo out of a dead greyhound”

5. aron says:

lol google analytics always cracks me up :)

6. There’s a guy at my work that someone secretly calls T-Rex because his arms are so short..kinda mean…but kinda funny :)

Have a great weekend!

7. Morgan says:

LMAO! With this post you have officially convinced me to do Google Analytics! LMAO!!!

Awww your brother text made me miss mine… I am so excited to see them in a few days!!! YAY!!!

I am excited to hear all about your thoughts on Long Beach and I will be more than willing to share my thoughts on Chicago… :)

YAY FOR TAPER RUNS!

8. Allison says:

I want to meet the person who is looking for a dead bird accessory. I am thinking they would want a hat with a bird on it, but, in the alternative, perhaps their bird died and they are looking to accessorize before burial?

9. Kristen says:

I get the weirdest searches too! My favorite is “too skinny ass hurts sit bone”
    I have no idea what that means…
    Good luck on your half!

10. These are SO freakin’ funny! I love the crap that people search!

11. Tara says:

your lil bro looks like he is doing “blue steel”! LOL and wtf is a didgeridoo??? i must google this!!!!

12. Tara says:

“The digeridoo (also known as a didjeridu or didge) is a wind instrument developed by Indigenous Australians of northern Australia at least 1,500 years ago and is still in widespread usage today both in Australia and around the world.”

13. B.o.B. says:

seriously! wtf are these people doing with their time? LOL!

14. KatieA. says:

I think the general thought is “WTF”? People never cease to amaze me!
    Good luck tomorrow! Can’t wait for the report! And I’ll be racing Sunday in the San Jose RNR 1/2! I’ll be sending lots of good vibes your way! :)

15. Marlene says:

I am laughing my butt off at this entire list! OMG! I think you need some new sub-categories on your blog, like DIDGERIDOOS, T-REX and DEAD BIRDS! Bahahahaha!

16. Lisa says:

So funny! Since I read blogs at work, I’m pretty good at keeping a straight face so my coworkers don’t wonder what’s up. But this post definitely left me with a huge grin on my face.

17. miranda says:

ahhh, i guess i’m a creeper! i love your site and found it because i googled “running” and “bloody sock”. i’m training for my first marathon after a series and halves so it’s comforting to know that not everyone who blogs about running is a gazelle super champ! i also post my trials and tribulations about running (and uh, work, and life, and nyc) here – http://www.miranduh.com but i’m clearly not as witty!

18. SDrunner says:

Heelarious post, can’t believe so many people come to your blog w/ such strange queries. What would be even more interesting is to see how long they actually stay on your site after they get here. Imagine someone clicking all over with their heart set on finding that “dead birds accessory”? Wow..

Good luck in Long Beach, does Snoop Dogg run in that one often? JK

19. Ms.V says:

Now I have to go figure out why T.Rex’s arms are small.

Have a great weekend.

20. Google analytics are always good for a few laughs. Your list is so hilarious. Me thinks you might just jot them down on an index card and just read them to yourself during Long Beach and LOL while you run! Haha!

21. RoadBunner says:

Hands down my fave is “didgeridoos for sale in San Diego!”

22. Alisa says:

HAHAHAHAHA! Yes, it is time for them to forgo the Gu.

T-rex arms, bunny arms (what apparently I do while running) aren’t small? I wish they were!

what the h? hahahahaha i need a wordpress account just to see what people are doing! sooo funny!!!

love the pic msg of you and your bro! too cute!

good luck with 8 tomorrow mileage twinnie- its crazy its almost here!!!

ttyl! xoxoxo

24. Rachael says:

So I love this one:
    inspirational sayings and for people who have broken a limb–arm or leg, etc

ummmm, gee, I have to go look for the other limbs I must aparently have somewhere …

25. Jason says:

That’s pretty funny!! lol

26. Denise says:

Too funny!! I need to figure out how to do this. I want to know how people are ending up at my site.

27. BrianFlash says:

I continue to get knobby knees search hits – all going back to one of the first posts I did featuring my knobby knees.

Very funny stuff!

28. these are too funny! I love reading google analytics results!

I’m jealous, my ding dang first generation iphone won’t let me UPGRADE to the picture messaging. thats way. I’m SOL.

29. Wendy says:

Too funny and interesting!

30. Stuart says:

Ah general randomness…very cool!

31. katie marie says:

OH MY GOSH..
    Seriously. This is the craziest thing ever. Makes me worry about the intelligence of the general public.

too funny!!

Katie Marie/ Nickel for your Thoughs

32. Christina says:

That is friggin’ hilarious.

33. Amanda says:

OMG this is hysterical! I need to check out my google analytics and see if there’s anything funny.