Race Day Gear

So obviously I’m running the Long Beach Race this weekend, and I’m super excited about it. I remember for my last race, San Diego, I wanted to find the ‘perfect race shirt’. I searched high and low and everywhere to find something and I had a huge problem finding something that I loved. Though I do love the blue tank I ended up wearing, I wish I would have found something a little different. Alas, yesterday I began the ‘hunt’ for my race day shirt for this weekend. The first shirt I tried on was one that I didn’t know if I would like or not, and as soon as I put it on I was in LOVE! I love the colors, I love the back, I love how long it is and how it’s not skin tight. Update: It’s actually by Nike and I found it at Marshalls for $16.99, normally priced $40. Just an FYI.

photo-8

photo-9

Yes, in the top picture I tried on that furry leopard jacket. Don’t worry I didn’t buy it, but I wanted it, alas it was a size too small. ha ha. Anyways, I tried the running top out this morning and I love it! I think I might have my aunt take it in a little on the sides if she can before the race but we shall see. I am just so happy that I found something that I love so quickly and easily. If this doesn’t work out though, I also have another little pink tank that I got from my friend that I will wear instead. I’m going to wear this top, my black booty shorts and I debating on my pink armwarmers or not. All that matched up with my bumble bee nike vomeros. I am still considering the monkey buns but I did them this past weekend and they fell out, so I’m going to work on creating them nice and tight when I run this week to see if I can get them to stay in. They stayed in well for a 16 miler, but died on the 8 miler.

Speaking of the 8 miler, this weekend it was great, it was over pretty quickly though! Crazy that just a few weeks ago my mileage was so different, but it is definitely a welcome change. It was weird to be able to walk around all Saturday and not feel like my butt was on fire or my legs couldn’t move, or my knees couldn’t bend. Ahhh, taper. I do truly love you.

I’m getting excited and nervous to race all at the same time! I can’t believe this week has so many good things happening. I am taking a half day at work tomorrow and Wednesday off, to relax, prep for the race, enjoy my birthday and spend some time with family and friends. It’s race week! Yay! Tomorrow I have a kind of mushy gushy post about Long Beach and how the last year has really changed who I am as a person and how running has changed me. So keep your eyes peeled for that!

YAY for RACING! YAY for Birthdays! (also, it’s my good friends, Ann and also, Mrs. Everlasting’s Birthdays today! :) )

Also, because I know you are all fashion fiends, if you are on facebook, check out onlineshoes.com fan page and become a fan! They are having a giveaway for new super cute boots. And who doesn’t want fall boots?! Also, want more onlineshoes.com info? Check out their blog also. They have seriously great deals and great products and they are one of my favorite places to shop online!

42 Responses to Race Day Gear

1. Don M. says:

Hot!
    ;-)

Oh, and have a great run.

2. I can’t wait for your mushy post…I need some inspiration to keep going. Been struggling lately!!

LOVE THE TOP!!!!

3. naomi says:

i LOVE the top! so chic!

4. Alex says:

Try the clear plastic hair ties. They are super small and hold really tight. I use them for all my races.

5. jaime says:

I love it! Great find!!

6. Jamie says:

You are going to do GREAT! Don’t be nervous! LOVE THE SHIRT!

7. Morgan says:

That shirt is FABULOUS! OMG so jealous! I love the shirt I picked for Chicago but dang girl I’m totally having shirt envy! :)

So excited to see how our respective races end up!

5 more days!!!!

8. nicole says:

I can’t believe race week is finally here! Ready to kick butt!? Ooo yaaaaa!!! Watch out here we come!!! I love the top- super cute with speedy colors too! YAY birthday and marathon! Wahooooooo

9. j says:

I have gotten all of my favorite running clothes at Marshalls and TJ Maxx. The thing that sucks about it is, when I want to buy more of the same thing, I can never find it!

10. Love the shirt! Hope it works out for you :)

11. Ms.V says:

that is so stinkin’ cute~!!

12. Brandi says:

Absolutely LOVE the top!!! Too cute!!!!

13. Es says:

What a cute top! I LOVE it! I can’t wait to see the whole outfit with your matching shoes :)

I had a question about what underwear you’d recommend for long races/ marathons/halfs. I just checked the tags of the ones that I normally wear, and sadly, they’re 95% cotton. I wear a bunch of different styles from a variety of stores. What works for you and where can I buy them?

Also, do you know of actual stores that carry the running sleeves or are they only online? I sort of wanted to try them on first, but I suppose I can buy them online. Thanks!

14. Rachel says:

what the heck are monkey buns?!

Love the top (and the jacket in the dressing room mirror!). I haven’t found my running top…yet. Also, I was looking for booty shorts and couldn’t find any. do you order them online?

15. Stevi says:

Like the rest of the ladies OMG what a super cute top. I so wish I had the ability to pull something like that off. I was just excited to find my fav tank in a t-shirt style (Nike Pacer shirt). Sorry about the buns not working. I want to try them too, but I think I will wait for a fun run (Not sure I want to be rocking them in my finisher pic). Oh, and I found another Vomero lover. I just got my first pair of 4′s (in what I have now called POWER PINK cheesy I know). I can’t wait like the rest of the posters to see your whole rocking outfit, and good luck this week I’m sure you will have a blast.

16. ShutupandRun says:

Seriously that is the cutest top every,especially the back. One of these days you need to try the running dress, if you haven’t already. I swear by it!

17. Tara says:

looks like a speeeeed demon top to me! you’re going to look great as you tear up the LB course this weekend!!! A birthday and a marathon all in one week… how fun!

18. Marlene says:

When I glanced at the Thumbnail of that pic in my reader and saw your title,. I thought you had three different race shirts layered on top of each other. Duh!

Cute top!

19. Glenn Jones says:

Dress cool! Weather forecast is 77 degrees and sunny.

20. Love the top! Enjoy your week! The race will be here before you know it!

21. Sara says:

I like the top! Especially the back. But I don’t think pink warmers would match the top though. Well, good luck on your race.

22. That shirt is HOT! What I would give not to have to wear an intense sports bra… Oh well. That reminds me that I need to buy a race day shirt!! AHHHH I can’t believe the day is finally here. Thanks for the birthday shout out! :)

23. Ian says:

Nice top. Good luck at LB. I love this blog! Really nice design.

24. Joy says:

Girl, that is a SWEET top! The cool straps in the back? Eye candy for those you pass ;)

25. Hey girl I love that top. But more importantly what jeans are you wearing in that photo? I am in love with them.

26. Billy Burger says:

That leopard print thing was pretty pimp – sucks it didn’t come in your size.

Nice top Danica. Just don’t forget the bottoms come race day ;)

27. ilovesteaks says:

That looks like the colors for Germany! My choice for all of my races are TNT purple or World Vision orange. :)

28. Madison says:

That top has the cutest back straps. That color looks great on you. I will look for you in it this Sunday. It is my birthday this week as well. I am so nervous and excited for LBM as well. Not sure why I always get nervous about running…it’s crazy! Happy Birthday girl!

29. aron says:

SO CUTE!!! LOVE the top!

30. carpeviam says:

Love the top! The back is really the special feature. And coupled with the arm warmers is super cute, for sure!

Good luck!

31. X-country2 says:

OMG, I want that shirt! Looks great on you.

32. kristen says:

Your so brave to wear a shirt you never tried on a long run. I would be way to paranoid. It’s super cute!!

I’m glad your enjoying your taper.

33. Felice says:

Love the top! I think it will look cute with the arm warmers, too.

34. Terri says:

Okay, so it is funny to me that I chose this post to de-lurk. Shows what a running clothes horse I really am. I must say I love the new top! Thanks for the heads up on the FB site I will check that out. I find your post fun to read and look forward to the mushy gushy post. Happy birthday! Have a great race this weekend!

35. Denise says:

It’s all about lookin’ good on race day!!

36. I always find great deals at that store, cute workout top1

37. Jeri says:

Is the tank supportive enough to go sans bra? That would be my only concern, but it’s insanely cute. I wish we had a marshall fields. I love when tanks are long and not skin tight. Then you don’t have to worry about the “ride up factor.” :)

38. Mel says:

love the top! Ummm, stupid question, but i’ll be running Nike Women’s in SF next weekend… weather still tank top appropriate? I wish we had Marshalls in Canada.

39. Amanda says:

That tank is adorable. I love it!

40. Alisa says:

I LOVE that shirt. The back is awesome!

You look great, as always chica.

41. Marci says:

I love that shirt, so perfect for fall colours, very CHIC!

42. rioruns says: