It is upon us.

I have the feeling of butterflies in my stomach. I also have the feeling that I’m swimming and about to be eaten by a shark. I don’t know how those mix, but it leads to some crazy thoughts. Well you all know what I’m wearing this weekend. You know what music I’ll be listening too, and how I’ll be wearing my hair. You all know what race I’m running, and pretty much what my weekend will revolve around. It’s time to run Long Beach for round dos! I’m so excited and nervous all at the same time. I haven’t raced in a long time and I feel ready for this race. So you all want to know my goals, don’t you, and I’m sure you all feel that you deserve a goal oriented post, don’t you. Well.. shocker upon shockers, I’m not giving that to you today, or ever for that matter. I’ll let you know if I hit my goals in my race recap, whenever that goes up. My number one goal is to have fun. It sounds SO cliche, but if you all remember, my last official race of this size wasn’t the most fun for me, so I’m calling for a redo! Then we have the fact of getting to the finish line, which, obviously, it WILL happen, but my goal is to enjoy it this time. Another good one is to try not to find myself in the porta-potties as much as I did last time. That would equal a huge success for me! I’ve worked hard at switching things up this training round and I am just hoping my PB&Js will suffice and I will be golden in that area. Another AMAZING thing is that the twilight zone of mile 8 is SURELY not going to happen this marathon! Win for me, without even starting the race! If you want to be a complete stalker freak, you can follow me on twitter where I’ll be updating, perhaps even during the race, or at least after. Also, I just found out that there is athlete tracking. If you have nothing to do with your life on Sunday morning and want to see my miles get progressively slower over time, you can track me here, and my bib number is 1804. Silently cheer for me in church too, if you are going, we all know I’ll be needing it. :)

So besides the whole like, oh my gosh I’m running pretty far this weekend feeling, it should be pretty relaxing. Sadly, when I woke up this morning, I felt more sick than yesterday. I have been eating tons of vitamin C, drinking Tea, gargling salt, everything, and I know this is just how I get sick. Right now, I’m realizing that basically, what is going to happen, is going to happen and I can suck it up and be a big girl or I can mope around and think of the worst scenarios. I choose the first. Relax, drink tea, and just do my thing is all I can do at this point. Tonight, I’m grabbing dinner with a friend, and tomorrow I’ll be relaxing, figuring out race logistics, doing some laundry, getting lots of ice, heading to the expo and doing a little pre-race dinner with some friends, which now sounds like a ton of stuff once I type that out, and then Sunday is race day! Hopefully I will be functional for the remainder of the day, but I will be taking two ice baths for sure. Believe me when I say it people, I WOULD NOT be doing it if I didn’t feel exponentially better afterwords.

Anyways, for some funny race videos I found these. They are pretty epic!

That’s after an Ironman, so don’t freak out! Well unless your doing an ironman…

This one isn’t as funny but it’s just crazy that it actually happened.

And this guy… 200 meters from the finish, and can’t continue!

Then here’s an inspirational Nike commercial that stars Kara. :) Enjoy!

Be back soon with some hardware.

50 Responses to It is upon us.

1. rioruns says:

I could almost feel the pain of the 2 female ironman finishers. Wow! I’m driving out to LB tomorrow and am looking forward to being in the company of thousands of fellow runners. Hopefully your cold symptoms will be minimal by race day. Even more importantly, have a great time on Sunday! :)

2. Wishing you lots of luck this weekend!

3. Jennifer says:

GOOD LUCK!!! I’m sure it’ll be awesome! Can’t wait to read about it!!!

4. Good luck with your race. I know you will do great! You are such an inspirational runner.

5. j says:

Good luck this weekend!

6. Nikki says:

I was totally wincing for those ironman finishers! Crazy!

Good luck on LB! All your readers will be cheering you on from all over the world!

7. Susan says:

Oh my goodness…that Ironman finish is terrible! I hope those women were okay.

Good luck!!!!

8. beth says:

is that video real? it looks like it should be on SNL or something. when the guy picked one of them up and dragged her over the line, I worried about her getting DQ’d for assistance at the last second.

lots of luck to you this weekend!

9. Natalia says:

Thanks for that last inspirational video. Its a great way to get me pumped for my race this weekend – the Chicago marathon!

Good luck at your race this weekend! Can’t wait to hear all about it.

10. Lacey says:

thanks danica! i needed these!!!!!

i went for my final 11 mile taper “long” run this morning and the entire time i was like… why does this feel so hard… i am supposed to run 26.2 miles?!?!?! ahh! i almost want to give up and i haven’t even started yet. but i feel like i have a group of people to look to and blogs like yours to come to and i feel better knowing i’m not alone…

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Sarah says:

Good luck!! I’ll be running a half on Saturday and will be thinking of you Sunday!!

12. Zoƫ says:

OMG, the first video was so funny that I couldn’t believe it was REAL. I mean, they were noodles!

You are going to rock this race and kick some boo-tay! Yay, Danica!!

13. aron says:

have a great race this weekend girlie!!! i am so excited for you and cant wait to hear how it goes! i will definitely be thinking about you and stalking you too :) text me when you are done!!!! <3

14. Jamie says:

GOOD LUCK! I hope you don’t get SICK. You will do an awesome job Sunday!

15. Lori says:

Good luck tomorrow Danica! You are going to rock it! Love the videos.

GOOD LUCK this weekend mileage twinnie! I cant believe race weekend is finally here! Text me when your done so we can brag to eachother about our hardware!!! BTTMFW & MUB!!! Go get em D!!! ow ow!

17. L.A. Daze says:

Good luck this weekend! And don’t fall at the finish line!

18. Ms.V says:

Good Luck. Nail that PR, and stay away from Mile 8 headtrips!

19. Marlene says:

OHHH NO, those videos are painful to watch. Wow.

Good luck this weekend! It HAS to be better than last time! ;)

20. Jenny says:

Good luck on Sunday!! Completely understand about not publishing goals until after… I am thinking about doing that for my race too:) I hope Sunday will have you fall in love with the marathon.

I will be slogging along on a 20 miler Sunday, so I will totally be thinking about you! At least you’ll have spectators out for you ;)

21. Wow!!!! GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND! Can’t wait to read all about it.

I got a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach when I saw those Ironman-ers. It’s like their bodies shut down. Eeeeek!

Love the Nike commercial!

22. Jess says:

Good luck this weekend! Have lots of fun! Can’t wait to read your race report!

23. Keri says:

Good luck! You are going to kick booty!

24. Amanda says:

Good luck, you’re going to do great! I laughed so hard at those ironman women, sad but pretty funny.

25. Felice says:

Good luck!!! I’m cheering for you from the east coast :-)

26. Rachael says:

Is it wrong that I laughed at the first video. I mean, I felt really bad doing it, but still, I laughed. I hope I never feel pain and defeat like that. Ever.
    Good luck on Sunday :)

27. Typically I’d say good luck, but for you, I’d say more that I hope it goes well for you. I know you’re excited about having a great experience, so I hope that’s what you get! Have fun and enjoy yourself!

28. katie marie says:

THINKING OF YA THIS WKND! …& i will be in church & all my prayers will go your way. stay healthy & enjoy the ride.

29. Stephanie says:

Good Luck this weekend. I started reading you only a few days ago and you have won me over. You are inspiring, and i hope it works on me some more to get on my bike.
    Have fun, I look forward to hearing about it.

30. Amber says:

I’ve got a pretty bad case of inflammed extensor tendon in my right foot…LB may be an epic fail…not sure if I am going to make it out. So seriously bummed right now. :o(

31. Sending you TONS of well wishes for this weekend! <3 Those videos are unreal!

32. Danielle says:

You can do it! Have a great time!
    Danielle

33. Niki says:

I can’t believe those videos! Crazy! Good luck girl, you’re gonna do great!!

34. ilovesteaks says:

Are you going out in wave 1 or 2?

35. Natalie says:

I hope you have fun this weekend!

Good luck, and remember: if all else fails at least you know you’ll have an adorable running outfit, hella cute hair, and a rockin’ playlist.

36. Kerrie says:

Good luck to you on Sunday! I look forward to hearing all about it! Have a fabulous time!

37. kristen says:

Girl, you got a wicked sense of humor. I’m glad I’m not running *my* marathon this weekend after reading this post. Yikes, not good for the motivation…

Good luck this weekend. I know you’ll hit your goal, whatever they may be!!!

38. Denise says:

Um,…Ironman was on my to do list…i really hope i don’t finish like that!

Good luck, good luck! Love your blog, and love reading about your running adventures. I know you’ll do great tomorrow!

40. Tara says:

Have a great race girl! I’ll be thinking of you and I know you’re going to do great! I’m gonna creap ya :) goooooooo KooHO!!!!!

41. Pam says:

Have fun and good luck! I just ran my first 8k and hit my goal (which makes me very happy) I am sure you will hit all of your goals too.

42. J says:

Good luck! I hope this race is so much better than the last one for you!!

43. RoadBunner says:

Wishing you a fun and enjoyable race!!! :)

44. Christina says:

Ha. The rules list for my latest triathlon said that athletes could walk or run, but could not crawl, which seemed random- who wants to crawl during a 10k? I guess I see why they had to make that a rule.

45. N.D. says:

hope it went well! yay!

46. miranda says:

Hope you ran your half well! Can’t wait to read the race report.

47. AMAZING JOB!!!! i can’t wait to read your race recap!!!
    Your training was unreal- I really want to know what plan you used… What an accomplishment to knock off so much time!