Glowing like a firefly.

So since my great race, I’m stoked to run again. Shocking, I know. Last night I wanted to run so badly, the weather was absolutely perfect, but I know recovery is important so I’m taking some time to watch endless amounts of TV and sleep-in. I do have some SUPER cute leggings I can’t wait to try out though, and those are also making me want to run really badly. As you can tell I’m easily entertained. Though I do think my body is still a little shell-shocked. I haven’t had any appetite at all since the race, which is quite disappointing if you know how much I love to eat. So I’m patiently awaiting for that to return with vengeance. Also, I haven’t been sleeping that well. I think my body had just gotten used to waking up early to run, and yea, I’m still waking up early, bright eyed and bushy tailed at 5:30 am. I don’t have to get up for work until 7:30 am. So I lay in bed. Bored. Today I came into work super early, since I had nothing else to do. Wow, that is what my life has become, but it means I do get to leave early, and I think I might make an appearance tonight at the gym, work on some core and arms. Before the marathon I did think I would have some issues with my arms getting tired like they did in San Diego, but I think I was so relaxed that they never got tired at all. Running while relaxed with no pressure = big time win in my book. Today I would feel that my body is at about an 80-85%, which is excellent.

Yesterday I appealed to get my race results ‘official’ which you can do if you forgot your chip like me. What a dum-dum. Anyways, I sent them links to my blog and my official time and hopefully there is enough proof for them to ‘approve’ my time and make it official. Even if they end up giving me the clock time, since there will be photos of me passing the finish, it won’t “technically” be under four since I was think I was pictured crossing the finish line at 4:03 since I started in the back of the pack, but I don’t care. I know what my time was, and hope that I can just get the race to become official, since you know, I DID run it. :)

Anyways, tomorrow’s post should be the emotional breakdown of both races…which should be interesting. Well, it has been interesting to me to look back and compare both races. The before feelings, the feelings during, and the feelings after. Another thing I’m super excited about is the race pictures. For some reason there are a TON of photographers along the course in Long Beach. Big time win for me since I was on Cloud 9 this past weekend, I worked so hard to get some good pictures! Hopefully they are good, or at least a few are. I also hope I kept the jazz hands in control, but I can’t wait to see them! Of course, I’ll post them when they are posted. I guess all those photogs are just one more reason I LOVE Long Beach.

I still really have no words about the marathon. I can’t believe everything went so great. I’m also working on the magical peanut butter and jelly post, and the upcoming races post. Too many good things to share with you guys, and I’m so excited about the future, which is the complete opposite of how I felt only a short four months ago. But I will continue to glow over here and live my little dream. Just like this.

firefly

Okay, so maybe it’s more so my face that is glowing and not my butt, but you get the picture :) Also, how’s this weird, random, fun fact for blowing your mind today. I’ve never seen a firefly in real life. True.

18 Responses to Glowing like a firefly.

1. Shannon says:

You’ve never seen a lightening (sp) bug?!?! That’s what we call them here… How odd! We used to try to catch them when I was growing up. After we caught them though – no glass jars for our little bugs! ha!

2. Shannon says:

I meant to say… We’d let them go after we caught them… wow.

3. Nikki says:

“Okay, so maybe it’s more so my face that is glowing and not my butt, but you get the picture ” <–this line? hilarious. Your happiness is contagious!

I know what you mean about the lightening bugs (I call them that too). Grew up on the Gulf Coast in Texas and never saw them. Moved to Illinois and I’m still like an excited kid…so in awe of them! Well, except the one that got trapped in my house this summer and drove me nuts when I was trying to go to sleep one night by flashing his butt at me. :)

4. Abb says:

You crack me up! Good luck with getting your time in. Fingers crossed.

5. Lara says:

I love it! I’ve been nervous to do a full marathon (I’ve only done ONE half) because of the additional time and training, but now that I think more about it, I think that I’m scared I won’t perform well, which isn’t a reason at ALL if you have the right attitude! So THANKS for the attitude adjustment. It’s all about getting out there and feeling good and having a FABULOUS time. Cheers!

6. everytime i think abotut heading out for a run, i get really excited and I truly think that is because of you!!!
    I had my group run last night and I felt as though I was flying. I was chatting with one run partner about how I “wanted to train hard all winter for a full.” And then I flew some more… thanks for the inspiration, girl- I think that you are making us all “glow!”
    p.s. you and britney’s “3.” Thanks so much for that!

7. so impressed by you!

8. jeri says:

My favorite run this summer was on the bike trails at dusk, and there were hundreds of fireflies lighting up the path. It was amazing. Can’t believe you’ve never seen one before!!

9. Marlene says:

I wish I were a glow bug,
    A glow bug’s never glum,
    How can you be grumpy
    when a light shines out your bum?

Or something like that…

ANYWAY! Happy that you’re enjoying the post-marathon glow. I hope they post some official (accurate!) results for you!

10. KatieA. says:

Sending lots of good vibes your way so that they take that kick-ass time off your garmin – you deserve it! :)

11. Joy says:

Glow away, girl. Go on & GLOW!!

I hope they don’t give you a hard time about your official results.

12. betty says:

Yay! I am so happy for you. Your post put a smile on my face.

13. diana-D10 says:

You are awesome! Keep smiling, you worked hard to.

14. Marci says:

Keep glowing, you totally deserve it girl!

15. kristen says:

:)I just left a comment on your race report…..go read it….I know, I’m behind on blogging.

You should be glowing your a freaking rockstar! :)

17. Alisa says:

I love all your posts lately…so HAPPY!!!!

18. Brandon says:

When we were kids up in Oklahoma we used to catch Lampyridae too!! But we’d wipe the glow part on our clothes and our clothes would glow for a couple minutes. Not very humane… but fun. Anyway, Congratulations!! on your success. Hope you keep having positive race experiences.