Birthday Fun + New Playlist additions

So this year started off pretty good! For my birthday I got some pretty sweet gifts too, including a new pink ipod that was totally unexpected and has already been loaded up with all my race songs for this weekend! I tried it out this morning on my three miler and it worked out great. It’s screen is so much nicer and larger and I didn’t realize what a cool feature having a color screen was. DJ got me the sickest shirt ever that says iRep Long Beach! I love it. I got some sweet giftcards and some dinero too, which is always nice. I had a great time with my family and friends as well. Thank you so much for all the kind words and birthday wishes! :) It was a great day.

8421_509158057436_142500306_30379024_7221902_n

I had a delicious funfetti cake that my grandma made and we had this awesome macaroni and cheese that my aunt made.

8421_509158137276_142500306_30379037_4140043_n

That night we went out to some bars down the street with some friends. It was fun, and there was some dancing. But for some reason I didn’t take any pictures? Oh well.

Speaking of music and dancing, so how I run with music is that I have about 11 hours loaded up on one iPod and just put that on shuffle and what comes up, comes up. Now, this takes a lot of music but I wanted to share the latest of the list that I’ve recently added to my “speed mix”

Jay-Z and Rhianna – Run this Town

Shots – LMAFO

Sweet Dreams – Beyonce

Fire Burning on the Dance Floor – Sean Kingston

Wow (Mstrkrft Remix) – Kylie Minogue

Good Girls Go Bad – Cobra Starship

Throw it in the Bag – Fabolous

Then I’ve added a lot of Lady Gaga, since I have an obsession with her and most of all the Black Eyed Peas songs also. Here are some past posts where I also posted music, check it out here and this one has a lot of the ‘classic’ playlists songs.

This morning I woke up with a little bit of a stuffy nose, but I’m going to combat this sickness before it even gets the chance to get the best of me. Oh and let’s go Angels!! Light up that halo! :)

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

23 Comments

• Reply Jamie

Sounds like you had an awesome bday! That’s great… you deserve it! You look adorable on your night out!
    We totally have the same taste in music… your ipod sounds a lot like mine!
    Hope you feel better!

October 8, 2009 at 8:38 am
  • Reply Marlene

So glad you had a good Birthday and got SPOILED!!

October 8, 2009 at 8:40 am
  • Reply Kirbey

So glad you had a good bday:)

October 8, 2009 at 8:46 am
  • Reply Marci

Glad you had a great birthday. Fire yah burnin’ is the song I love and hate at the same time (makes me sing it all day long!)

October 8, 2009 at 9:19 am
  • Reply aron

glad you had such a great bday girl!! now get some rest before that little race you have this weekend :)

October 8, 2009 at 9:29 am
  • Reply Ms.V

One of my students came in last week and said, “You know how you get Lady Gaga to cry?”

I said, NO.

“Poker Face.”

Sweet.

Happy birthday again. Can’t believe you were born in 85…jeez. Makin’ me feel my age.

Have a great race weekend.

October 8, 2009 at 9:49 am
  • Reply Tara

glad you had a great b-day and you got some sweet presents! you must rock the shirt your roomie gave you post LB :) rest up and I hope you feel better asap!

October 8, 2009 at 10:00 am
  • Reply KatieA.

Sounds like a sweet birthday! Thanks for the playlist…always need new music ideas (and you help me to stay all hip and fresh with what the kids are listening to!)
    Feel better! Rest up so you can kick some hard racing butt! :)

October 8, 2009 at 10:17 am
  • Reply Jess

Happy belated! Sounds like you had a great one! Love the songs. Thanks for the new ideas!

October 8, 2009 at 11:32 am
  • Reply Pure2Raw Twins

Sounds like you had a great bday! Don’t you just love bdays! Thanks for sharing some of your songs… I love updating my ipod with new jazz! Love lady gaga

October 8, 2009 at 11:36 am
  • Reply B.o.B.

If you get a chance to see Gaga in concert – YOU MUST! She is amazing. Also the other day when I heard that LOL Smiley Face song, I totally thought of you. Hahaha! I knew you would like it. Gangsta biznitches unite!!! Good luck this weekend and happy birthday chica.

October 8, 2009 at 12:05 pm
  • Reply Jordan

I have similar music taste to you so I thought I’d give ya a couple of recs!

Have you heard “Evacuate the Dancefloor” – Cascada? I think you’d like it if you haven’t – sort of between that Wow song and Good Girls Go Bad (another guilty pleasure of mine).

Heartbreaker by MSTRKRFT is similar to Memories, and has that thumping bass I love to run to.

October 8, 2009 at 12:08 pm
  • Reply Lacey

yay!!! what a great bday. mac n cheese?! yes! lol, love it.

thank you for all the songs!!!!! i have looked up a lot of these b/c i hadn’t heard of them yet!!! i’m thinking about buying a new music player so i can use it in my marathon… i’m up in the air! but i think it will help..

October 8, 2009 at 1:19 pm
  • Reply runtonamaste

happy birthday chica. Great playlist. I love Beyonce’s Sweet Dreams. I was singing it out loud during my 5 mile run yesterday. Obviously, I scared a couple of people lol

October 8, 2009 at 1:56 pm
  • Reply Nicole

glad your bday was amazing!! get some rest so you can rock it this weekend!!!!! thanks for the tunes, will be updating my ipod later!! xoxo

October 8, 2009 at 3:15 pm
  • Reply Lori

Hey Danica,
    Happy Birthday — I’ll be looking for ya at Long Beach!!

Good luck!

October 8, 2009 at 4:33 pm
  • Reply Amanda

I haven’t even heard a lot of those songs, I need to check them out! Happy belated birthday. I must confess that I have an unnatural love of funfetti cake…it’s seriously one of my favorite foods!

October 8, 2009 at 4:34 pm
  • Reply Joy

Sounds like an awesome birthday, girl!

Feel better quick.

October 8, 2009 at 7:24 pm
  • Reply X-country2

I could eat my weight in funfetti cake. Happy birthday!

October 8, 2009 at 8:31 pm
  • Reply Rachael

Thank you so so much for posting some new tunes. I love being lazy and stealing playlists from other people :)
    I’m going to be hitting up itunes fa-shizzle :)
    I’m glad you had a great Birthday!

October 9, 2009 at 2:33 am
  • Reply kristen

WooHoo ANGELS!!! I’m rooting for them to go all the way!!!

October 9, 2009 at 7:44 am
  • Reply Samma

I just heard Britney’s new song on the radio. Can’t wait to download it for my runs!

October 13, 2009 at 10:14 am