Wait, you were in charge?

So in yesterday’s post I talked about being a high school cross country coach my senior year in college. Those were the memories! I loved coaching! It was so much fun and it made me realize how much I do love running. Weird, I know. Anyways, I thought in honor of the coaching days I would show you guys some pictures. I might have to try to upload more later, but the files I had on my computer were messing it up. We had one really exceptionally talented girl that I really enjoyed coaching a lot, and the rest of the team was very fun as well. Gosh, high schoolers! Who knew that I would like to coach them. They are too funny, well awkward and funny.

001_1

This was at an invitational. The girl on the right was the really talented one. She could psych herself out like I’ve never seen before. It was incredible. I just always reminded her to have fun and just enjoy the race.

100_1032

This was at the same invitational. It was really fun for me because I ran the same invitational in high school and usually did well at it. I love the polo and shorts ‘coaches look’.

Did I mention high schoolers are awkward? Like incredibly awkward? That was hilarious to coach them. I really did enjoy it and maybe one day I will make a triumphant coaching return. :)

This weekend I have a long run tomorrow and no work on Monday! In honor of that I’m wearing my Angels hat to work today. Yay, for fun long weekends and going to the beach! It’s suppose to be pretty hot here again this weekend, so I know I’ll have to get up really early again tomorrow morning for my long run. This will be the first long run in the new shoes, so hopefully everything goes really smoothly. I think my toes are thankful and are finally healing up. It’s a slow process but at least the snake toes are finally done shedding their skin.

Have a wonderful Labor Day and a weekend full of the runs… errrrr ha ha ha :)

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

19 Comments

• Reply Sarah

Haha! Too cute! And yes highschoolers are so akward! My little brother just graduated so I know exactly what you mean! ;)

September 4, 2009 at 9:10 am
  • Reply Marlene

You would be such a great coach… and now you could be all like “THIS IS JUST A 5-MILER, YOU WUSSIES! STOP COMPLAINING! I RAN A MARATHON, PEOPLE!” on their asses. Heh.

Have a great weekend… hopefully WITHOUT ‘the runs’.

September 4, 2009 at 9:45 am
  • Reply B.o.B.

You can coach me for free! I am totally awkward.

September 4, 2009 at 10:12 am
  • Reply aron

omgosh how fun i want to be a coach!!! i bet it was hilarious, high schoolers are definitely an interesting bunch :)

have a great long run tomorrow!!! maybe we can be virtual running partners tomorrow :)

September 4, 2009 at 10:25 am
  • Reply Adam

YES! HS kids are crazy awkward. Of course, we weren’t like that, were we? :)

September 4, 2009 at 12:46 pm
  • Reply KatieA.

You can coach me! I’m not as awkward at 29, but almost – might bring back some memoires! Ha!
    Have a great long weekend – thank god for those! And can’t wait to hear how the long run goes! :)

September 4, 2009 at 1:51 pm
  • Reply kristen

You look cute in that coaches outfit. Did you coach boys too? I bet there were a lot of new boys show up for the team that year ;)

September 4, 2009 at 3:19 pm
  • Reply SDrunner

Coaching does sound fun. You kept saying high schoolers were awkward but no examples! Long run in new shoes sounds fun! I’ve been starting to run longer and getting more and more blisters, not cool..

Have a great weekend!

September 4, 2009 at 4:42 pm
  • Reply X-country2

You look like SUCH a coach with your polo. :o) I coached a 14U softball team after college, and yes, awesome girls but boy crazy and awkward.

September 4, 2009 at 8:01 pm
  • Reply carpeviam

Great post! I’m in my 3rd year of coaching high school cross country and I love it! I’m actually headed off to a meet this morning…a preview of the state course. Looks like a great team this year. Very exciting!

September 5, 2009 at 6:33 am
  • Reply Denise

That’s so cool that you were a coach. I bet they loved you!

September 5, 2009 at 6:41 am
  • Reply Joy

You must’ve been such a fun coach!

I’m still waiting to outgrow my awkward stage.

September 5, 2009 at 6:48 am
  • Reply J

I totally would love to coach high schoolers but I know they can be immature and awkward. You totally look like a coach! Maybe next year I will look into coaching.

September 5, 2009 at 7:18 am
  • Reply Amanda

Hope you’re having a great long weekend. I think you would be a wonderful coach:)

September 7, 2009 at 5:53 am
  • Reply Tara Gibson

you would be an awesome coach girl!!

September 7, 2009 at 3:32 pm
  • Reply Laurel

Ahhh, high school. I do not miss those awkward days at all.

September 7, 2009 at 8:44 pm
  • Reply Brown Eyed Girl

How fun!! I would love to have a cool coach like you! And I am also loving the polo/shorts combo :) Too cute!

September 8, 2009 at 12:11 pm
  • Reply Rachel

I still love to run with my old high school team when I’m home, even though I’m pretty much a creepy old lady now because every one I know graduated. Luckily, my little sister is on the team and I can go to summer practice with her. I teach elementary school now, but I’d LOVE to coach high school.

September 8, 2009 at 1:36 pm
  • Reply Alisa

Haha, love it! I helped coach my HS water polo team for a little while. I was all about the polo shirts too. Wonder why that is?

September 9, 2009 at 7:35 am