Did I catch a niner in there?

What are we, talking on walkie talkies? Amazing movie.  So today I realized that I could do the whole cliche here’s nine interesting fun things about me, and guess what, it’s totally what I’m going to do. Random, yes, entertaining, hopefully, and on another completely random note, it’s ALREADY the NINTH of SEPTEMBER? This means a few things, like it’s time to bust out the sweaters and boots and I’m excited about it.

Now onto what you’ve all been dying to hear about. 9 wonderful facts about yours truly.

1. I sing a lot in my car, and I’m tone deaf, and don’t know half the lyrics. It’s mostly me making up words or singing 1/4th of the words, in random parts of the song. I’m really good at singing weird parts of songs. Most of my music is rap too, rap or power ballads. This makes it even more awkward. It’s really cool when people see me singing and I feel really embarrassed. It’s moments where I start to think, “Okay, so do I just keep full on singing? Do I pretend I’m talking on my phone?” Usually it ends up with me kind of weirdly laughing and realizing that I’m an idiot.

2. This past weekend I went to Target, and not only was Macaroni and Cheese on sale, but I found out there are new different kinds that I haven’t tried yet. HELLO. How did I not know about this? Whole wheat? Three Cheese? Wow, I must live under a rock, because this was the most epic find ever. I bought like five boxes and they were only 92 cents each.

3. I recently realized that The Lonely Island has a whole CD. Another AMAZING find. I have listened to this pretty much on a daily basis. Yes, I do sing to this in my car. Crass and inappropriate? Check. Funny? Check.

4. This past weekend I watched StepBrothers twice. In no way am I ashamed of that, I am impressed, that movie deserves to be watched daily.

5. I have a small obsession with headbands. I found myself purchasing three online yesterday. I already have probably around 25. I need to stop channeling my inner Blair Waldorf and not buy everything with bow on it. I’ve even considered running with a headband on that is not appropriate for running. Strange, but true.

6. Since it’s already September, I realized that the Long Beach race is coming up QUICKLY.This is scary and exciting all at the same time. I haven’t raced in a long time, so I’m getting nervous and excited all over again. I can’t wait for all the fall races I’m doing, and I know kicking it off with Long Beach will be the BEST, since I love the course and it’s my ‘home turf’.

7. It won’t be light when I get home anymore after work, which sadly means I have to get my lazy butt out of bed in the morning. Or I need to find a huge dog to run with and a reflective bodysuit so that I don’t get run over by either angry bikers, or cars. I am thinking a reflective like wetsuit so that I will never be mistaken or not seen. Both options seem doable, we shall see which one works out better.

8. Does anyone else, as it gets darker, get more freaked out. I already jump at my own shadow when I run sometimes, but as it starts getting more gloomy and fall comes in, I get more and more jumpy. The other day I ran around a corner and just about ran into a guy who jumped back and was scared of me! It was pretty funny but we were both startled. Fall and winter make me even more scared out on the streets though. Remember, safety is important.

9. This is just a weird funny picture I found that made me laugh. How non-creepy is it suppose to be and how creepy is it really.

Well that was scatterbrained! Don’t worry I’ll get my brain back in working order, like for a review of Wright Socks tomorrow! :)

Be Sociable, Share!
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

• Reply christina cadden

Love it and I jump at my shadow when running in the dark as well.

September 9, 2009 at 5:08 pm
  • Reply Rachael

I jump at things while running in broad daylight. I’m convinced a snake is gonna dive out and feast my ankle one of these days. I also trip randomly, so I’m sure I’m rather entertaining to passing cars.

I too sing highly inappropriate rap songs in my car, only, I add some little hand and dance moves too. Don’t get me started on Afroman, it’s a sight.

September 9, 2009 at 5:41 pm
  • Reply ShutupandRun

That picture makes me laugh out loud. Enjoyed learning more about you!!!

September 9, 2009 at 6:16 pm
  • Reply Morgan

Loved the niner! Happy Niner Day! :)

September 9, 2009 at 6:18 pm
  • Reply Librarian on the Run

I definitely get freaked out when running in the dark, because the roads around my house are in the woods and have no shoulder, let alone a sidewalk. So all I can think about is being hit by a car or eaten by a bear or pack of wild dogs. Pretty soon I’ll have to start bringing my running gear (complete with uber-dorky reflective vest) to work and running on the sidewalks in town there.

September 9, 2009 at 6:51 pm
  • Reply Es

Yeah I can relate to being scared at night. I used to do night runs in college -which looking back, was incredibly dumb of me, esp since I was running alone and was out till 11 at times. Anyway, nowadays I can’t run at night, I just get too freaked out. If I’m not at home and it’s starting to get dark I usually have to turn my music lower and take it out of one ear so I can hear everything around me.

September 9, 2009 at 7:14 pm
  • Reply Stacy

You crack me up once again! I swear, we have the same quirks. I totally get freaked the HELL out when I’m running in the dark. heck, I sometimes get freaked out when I’m running pass a field of weeds. I keep thinking a big ole possum or a rat is going to come out running at me. Good luck to you in your Long Beach race!

September 9, 2009 at 7:17 pm
  • Reply SDrunner

The title of the post itself is awesome, I love Tommy Boy & all of Chris Farley’s movies.

That is a very random but humorous 9 things. 25 headbands, small obsession? Hmm. I have one and it’s all I need to help keep the sweat out of my eyes. Lol.

Running in the dark is pretty scary, but whenever I get freaked out, (either from a noise in the bushes or my own shadow) it makes me run faster! Every time a coworker opens the door at the same time, I get startled and they just look at me funny. Wth!

September 10, 2009 at 3:25 am
  • Reply CharmCityKim

I am a car singer too! And I also don’t know most of the words.

I generally keep it going even if someone sees me but I try to keep it animated. Lots of head bobbing and hand movements. Its good stuff.

September 10, 2009 at 6:24 am
  • Reply Jenny from Lucky in Love

I’m totally the same way about singing. If I’m on the interstate…I just keep on singing because I don’t think people will be by me for very long anyway. If I’m on city streets…I try to tone it down when other cars are around so they don’t see me :)

September 10, 2009 at 6:57 am
  • Reply J

I totally get scared when I run in the dark mornings. i see things all the time that I think are murders waiting for me and its just a tree or something stupid!

September 10, 2009 at 6:59 am
  • Reply Kelly

I have a tendency to scare myself too. Example A) my run in with big foot this weekend.

Headbands are the best.

September 10, 2009 at 6:59 am
  • Reply Amanda

LOL at that creepy but funny picture, that’s hilarious. I like your headband obsession. I try to wear them but they never look right so I’ve finally given up. I always spook myself at night. I love running at night Halloween week to get myself all spooked…makes me run faster:)

September 10, 2009 at 7:12 am
  • Reply RunToTheFinish

i love singing in my car…but every once in awhile I get this weird idea that someone has hidden a microphone and is laughing at me!

September 10, 2009 at 7:34 am
  • Reply Marlene

Heehee, totally love the 9 things!

Mmm, mac & cheese….

September 10, 2009 at 7:40 am
  • Reply B.o.B.

Totally creepy photo. I always have car concerts too. And get yourself a headlamp. You know you want to.

September 10, 2009 at 8:30 am
  • Reply Alisa

Love it! There was my answer to the LB thing.

I’m putting one of those obnoxious reflective vests on my Xmas list =).

September 10, 2009 at 9:01 am
  • Reply Shannon

I’ve never heard of The Lonely Island… Maybe I live under a rock. Have you tried the mac and cheese with broccoli in it yet? I’m thinking I might make it tonight.. Mmmm. LOL

And yes, creepies definitely lurk more in the winter/fall months. Tuesday, I was running along a busy street (I was on the sidewalk) and a creep slowed down to a roll and about broke his neck trying to give me “the look”… I ALMOST flipped the dude off.. he was SO creepy..but thought, no.. that might make him snatch me up and butcher me!!!! ha!!!

September 10, 2009 at 9:01 am
  • Reply Denise

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Tommy Boy. I miss Chris Farley.

September 10, 2009 at 9:06 am
  • Reply aron

yay love random danica facts :) i love mac and cheese!!! <3

well its dark in the morning too, soon it will be dark all the time. i dont care there at least it will be cool!!

September 10, 2009 at 9:33 am
  • Reply Angielou Harris

I share your obsession of headbands! Thin, thick, flowered, bows — I must have them all!

September 10, 2009 at 9:43 am
  • Reply Zoë

Wow, that picture is like two cupie dolls. Creepy indeed!

Target has AMAZING food finds, I say. I got Pillsbury chocolate frosting for a friend’s bday cake and it was 32 cents! I had to use one of those scanner thingys to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. Rad!

I think you should run with one of your girlie headbands, especially in a race. Tres chic!

September 10, 2009 at 11:04 am
  • Reply Erin F.

I literally laughed out loud at that creepy doll picture. I think I got a few stares by my coworkers… oops.

September 10, 2009 at 12:09 pm
  • Reply Nicole

I look like the biggest idiot while running. I’m jumping at every little thing and about trip and fall over cracks. I’m sure i’m quite comical to watch! :)

Thanks for sharing your 9 random things! love it!!

September 10, 2009 at 1:58 pm
  • Reply Joy

I sing my head off in the car, much to my kids’ dismay :) They tell me to be quiet all the time, but I can’t help it!

September 10, 2009 at 2:31 pm
  • Reply Jeri

I watched step brothers this weekend too. But only once. And I was not aware that Mac & Cheese had different kinds. WTF? They’ll probably hit the mid-west in 20 years or so.

September 10, 2009 at 5:34 pm
  • Reply Perfectly Imperfect

I jump at leaves falling when I run in the dark. I must look ridiculous!

That picture is freaky.

September 12, 2009 at 4:12 pm
  • Reply Adam

M&M’s in the dash, that has GOT to up the resale value. GREAT movie.

I’ve toyed back and forth w/ buying the Lonely Island’s CD. If it is as good as some of their popular songs, I’m in. “Direct workflows…. Like a boss!”

September 15, 2009 at 11:23 am
  • Reply RoadBunner

We are a house of learned doctors. Haha!

September 22, 2009 at 10:37 am