CRAIGSLIST MISSED CONNECTIONS?!

Hooray for it being FRIDAY! That means pictures and hopefully something funny… Well I have a treat for you!

Um, so this is the weirdest but most EPIC thing that could have possibly happened to me. I know I get excited about dumb things, but if you don’t know what “Craigslist Missed Connections” are, it’s basically a place to post about someone you saw at the grocery store, or somewhere like that and didn’t have enough guts to say hi to them. Mostly it’s weird, kind of random people and some of them are simply AMAZING and creepy all at the same time. So, call me weird, but one of my friends showed me them in college and she was obsessed with reading them. I like to read them out of pure humor often as well, and we always thought it would be the greatest if we found ourselves on missed connections. People write the funniest stuff and it’s pretty entertaining, to say the least.

So in July, I was up in San Fransisco for the 1/2 marathon right? And we all remember the glorious posters that me and Tara and Maritza spent the night making for the next morning at the San Fransisco Marathon right?

signs

Then we all remember how the runners loved them, and the nipple chafing turns me on sign came back to haunt me right?  Because this fool at Gordon Biersh was obsessed with the sign, me and also was inebriated and smelled, granted he finished a marathon… BUT STILL. He came up to our table, and yes, took me downstairs and got us two shots to take together that totaled to be 19 bucks. Classy.

signs2

I wasn’t going to be a complete B and turn him down, so I obliged. Luckily, Maritza was there and saved me from his craziness, and up the stairs we went. I luckily avoided him for the remainder of our time at lunch.

signs3

Now, how does this all tie in together you may ask? Well, the other day my friend, Maritza told me that somehow a friend of hers  FOUND ME ON MISSED CONNECTIONS VIA THE NIPPLE CHAFING SIGN. That sign must be made again because it obviously is the most amazing sign ever made. He took this screen shot because he wanted to show her. Sadly, I don’t have the link anymore, since it’s too old and craigslist erases them after a given amount of time.

proof

Weirdly enough, I know it’s not the same guy who got the shots because I asked him how old he was and he said he was 25. Pretty amazing if you ask me. I made missed connections. My life is complete and I can now die a happy person. I wish so badly I could have seen what was written, but it got erased.

PS. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, IF YOU CAN!!!! Help out my roommate to raise $155 dollars by tomorrow so she can do the walk with me! Anything will help, and she only has $155 dollars left to go, even though her website says differently, since she has gotten some checks and they have not been added to the site. We both will be forever grateful. If you would like to donate, visit her site : Shea’s Donation Site! Thank you again in advance if you chose to make a donation!

37 Responses to CRAIGSLIST MISSED CONNECTIONS?!

1. KatieA. says:

Yay! First!
    OMG! That is soooo funny! That sign is epic and might have to become a staple at all your cheering events!
    I bet it is the same guy, since you said he was drunk, and the age things was probably just another way to pick up on you!
    I think I will have to check this missed connections thing out for all the hilarity!
    Happy Friday! :)

2. Alex says:

bwah ha ha that if hysterical. I loved missed connections. Creepy and wonderful at the same time!

3. Collette says:

That is freaking AWESOME

4. is it weird that I’m totally jealous? I love the missed connections!

5. Morgan says:

HILARIOUS!!!! LMAO!!!!

6. Marlene says:

Ohh man, I could NOT stop laughing when I read your tweet the other day. SOOO FUNNY!

7. Joy says:

Freaking HILARIOUS! Too awesome :D

8. Kristen says:

Those posters are AWESOME! I have to make a poster for tomorrow’s Nautica Malibu Triathlon and now you have me thinking of something funny I should write!

9. Jess says:

HAHAHAHah that is so amazing. I can’t believe you made missed connections!

10. Stuart says:

Too funny and I sent a little $ to your roomy, fingers crossed she makes it!

11. oh my goodness- you have hit on my obsession big time. i love that site- unreal. i check it all the time, with no luck. but my hair dresser? gets guys through it all the time!!!

12. Jessica says:

Wow that is awesome! Damn… if only I could make missed connections at some point in my life. Of course I’d actually have to look at them. It would be a shame if I was already in there and missed my moment!

13. beth says:

I love missed connections and am so jealous you made it on there! that is a new level of crazy when people post missed connections.

14. x-country2 says:

THAT’S AWESOME! God bless Craig’s List.

15. Ally says:

CraigsList really provides me with so much joy…

16. I just BUSTED OUT LAUGHING!??!?!?! Oh my gosh!?!??! Well, you must have been memorable!! Too funny! Good luck to your roommate, I donated $20! I hope she raised the money she needs for this amazing cause!!!!

17. aron says:

lol this is just too hilarious :)

have fun this weekend!!!!

18. J says:

OMG! I saw that on facebook and wondered what it was about! That is so crazy!

19. Zoë says:

EPIC is the perfect word to describe making missed connections. You should post back! Just for fun! See if he finds you! Who knows, it could be Ryan Reynolds’ twin…
    Yummeh.

20. Hilarious – I’ve never actually known someone who has been in “missed connections”! No surprise there, though – you’re a babe, funny sign or no. :-)

Hope you have a terrific weekend.

21. Nina says:

You.Crack.Me.Up!!! I love it! I am on the search for a missed connection now, too!

22. Tinagirl says:

So proud of you for walking tomorrow! Last year I did the LA AWBC and it was almost as awsome at SF! next year walk with us is SF actually next year will be my 7th and my first crew year so I can cheer you on! Have a great time, enjoy all the wonderful supporters and the food and the atmosphere. it changed my life and I love love love it.

23. this cracks me up still! Love it!

24. Kristin says:

LOL—wow! Thats really all I can say.

25. N.D. says:

That’s hilarious! what a great story!

26. Denise says:

That is too funny how it came back around. It is a great sign!!

27. That is hilarious! I’ve always wondered who the people are in those missed connections! Now I feel like I know one!!

28. Hilarious, story! I don’t know anyone hw has found themselves on lost connections. This will go down in history! ;)

29. kymberli q. says:

That is hilarious!! You should do a miss connection back at him telling him you really missed his connection! LOL We had a shoot in Seal Beach today and I looked for you on the way back but there were too many! Great job, Danica!!

30. That is AWESOME! I love Missed Connections, and what a funny story to get on there with!!!

31. Alisa says:

That is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

32. cindy says:

no way! so you didn’t get to read what he (she?) wrote?? that is SO funny. you totally have to make that sign again.

33. JT says:

I just got around to reading this – OK AWESOME. You made one of my dreams come true (OK I’m living vicariously through you now)

34. Adam says:

OMG. I read them in ‘best of’ but this is AWESOME.

35. RoadBunner says:

OMG. SO funny. I SO wish you had the actual post for everyone to read!