BEARK

beark

This is a beark. I’m going to go beark on my 20 miler tomorrow. I cannot even explain to you how excited I am. So therefore when I get this excited I know it’s either going to be epic blowup of a run, or a wonderful run, with me it’s one extreme or the other on long runs. I’m super excited to be running with Ann again though! I guess I’m also so excited because I think now I know nothing will ever be as bad as walking 26.2 miles. NOTHING. I’m getting up early tomorrow morning and getting that beast done and then going to rejoice in my successes for the rest of the day. This basically means I’ll shovel whatever amount of food into my mouth that I want. Don’t judge me.

Why do I keep laughing at that picture? Oh that’s right, I have the humor of a 12 year old boy.

I know I say this a lot, but seriously, if you go into a run with a mindset that it’s going to suck, it will suck. If you go into a run with the mindset of this is going to be awesome and I’m going to beark this B, then normally it goes much better. At least for the first few miles. :) It’s funny, every day, I drive the same route to work and I drive past a donut shop. The same homeless man stands out front every morning and waves at people. Now, I have no idea what his story is, but sometimes I’ve seen people give him donuts and coffee right outside the shop. Every morning he waves at everyone who passes by. At first, I thought this guy was crazy, but now that I’ve seen him every day for the past 6 months, I always wave and smile and yes, even look for him in front of that donut shop. Everyone else waves back at him too. This guy could have absolutely nothing, but he just always looks so happy and waving to everyone, it just always cheers me up. I think next week I’m going to bring him some food one morning. Every morning his wave makes my day and I always know he’ll be there. It’s a weird story, but I guess it made me realize in a weird way that life is too short to be a grouch. Might as well just smile and wave to everyone right? Okay enough random homeless man stories. It kind of goes along with the whole, ‘if you think it’s going to be awful it will be’ mentality.

homelss

Have a weekend full of the runs… errrr well you know what I mean. :)

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

28 Comments

• Reply Shannon

You’re totally gonna rock! You should def bring that man some food! I brought lunch to a homeless man once …but that story didn’t go so well because he really just wanted money to buy booze… BUT, your guy seems to be very nice and I think he’d enjoy some good breakfast! :)

September 18, 2009 at 10:25 am
  • Reply Pete

Good luck with your 20, and don’t forget to talk like a pirate: http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

When bringing the food, do you think you could wave with him for 5 minutes?

September 18, 2009 at 10:36 am
  • Reply Morgan

Apparentely I am also a 12 year old. LMFAO!!!!!!!

I’m so going to BEARK my run this weekend too! Thanks for the inspiration!

Oooo and I see it’s talk like a pirate day… my 18 miler just got even more interesting…

Have a good one girl!

September 18, 2009 at 10:43 am
  • Reply Jackie

I’m doing my 20 miler tomorrow too! Agreed, positive attitude is everything.

September 18, 2009 at 10:45 am
  • Reply CarneAsada

BEARK!

September 18, 2009 at 10:47 am
  • Reply Marlene

What a strange looking … animal. Hahaha.

Good luck on the 20. Having the right attitude can make ALL the difference.

September 18, 2009 at 11:40 am
  • Reply Alisa

BEARK!

Good luck and I hope it’s a great run and not full of the runs =).

September 18, 2009 at 11:58 am
  • Reply Stuart

Too phunni!

Hope your runs go well!

September 18, 2009 at 12:23 pm
  • Reply Shannon (MWP)

GAH! I was wondering what the heck was on your profile pic… it was driving me nuts, but alas, I see the light! You go girl, good luck on the run!

I am going to search through your site for suggestions on winter running gear! Its getting chilly on OKLAHOME!

September 18, 2009 at 1:12 pm
  • Reply KatieA.

We’ll be sisters in punishment tomorrow together! I’ve got a 20 miler scheduled, too!
    Thanks for the refreshing thought about being more positive and thankful. It doesn’t hurt to hear that and remind oursleves sometimes that we are all pretty lucky. Tell Homless dude I said hey from bloggy land! :)

September 18, 2009 at 1:12 pm
  • Reply Zoë

BA HA HAHAHAHAHA! Love this post! A Beark. Ha ha! The picture makes me giggle. And the word giggle makes me giggle too.

Beark that run! I’ll Beark my race in it’s BEE-HIND. Woot!

September 18, 2009 at 1:42 pm
  • Reply Felice

HA!
    Yeah — go BEARK that B! You got it! Have a great run :-)

September 18, 2009 at 1:45 pm
  • Reply jeff

RAWR!!

are you running lbc boardwalk or hb/nb boardwalk tomorrow? i’m meeting pete [see above] around 8 at newport pier. if you’re out there, we’ll probably see ya!

oh, and the homeless [the folks hanging out on off-ramps begging for hand-outs]? those guys have it WIRED. i was reading that on average, they bring in 80k a year w/o taxes. true, they spend most of that on night train or boones farm, but hey, whatever floats your boat, eh?

September 18, 2009 at 2:23 pm
  • Reply Keri

I am a little jealous of the comments asking about running on the boardwalk! Let’s see, do I want to run past the cows or the cornfield, oh wait I will be doing both. That is what I get for living in Kansas!

September 18, 2009 at 3:17 pm
  • Reply Lacey

LOL!!!!!!! oh goodness. good luck on your run!!!! i think being super pumped is GREAT NEWS and will bode well… happy running!

September 18, 2009 at 6:05 pm
  • Reply kristen

Nice story. Wicked picture.

Good luck on your 20 miler. I know it’s going to be GREAT! Can’t wait to get the details.

September 19, 2009 at 7:57 am
  • Reply ONeener

There’s a transient who sits at a specific corner on my route to work, too. I wonder if everything is okay when I don’t see him. Oddly enough, he, too, sits by a donut shop. Hope you beark’d the 20-miler today!

September 19, 2009 at 10:13 am
  • Reply Randy

Agree with shannon. Waive with him for awhile. what an awesome example to others… “when someone ask you to go a mile go 2” The BOOK!

September 19, 2009 at 3:23 pm
  • Reply Erin @ Living and Loving In L.A.

Hey Doll! How did the run go? I did 20 today too! That’s cool we’re on the same schedule! I’m still so proud of you for your work last weekend, I can’t believe you’re already out there doing 20 today. You rock! Can’t wait to hear all about it, but I’m sure you had an AWESOME run!

September 19, 2009 at 5:41 pm
  • Reply Erin F.

Hahaha, what an awesome post. And a perfect one for me to read, the night before my very first marathon! WAHHH! It’s motivational and fun to read your blogs, and maybe around mile 21 when I’m starting to really hurt, I’ll just envision that beark and dig deep and think to myself “I’m just gonna beark this B”

I hope the 20 went swimmingly!

September 19, 2009 at 6:39 pm
  • Reply Kerrie

OMG. That beark cracked me up! Hope your 20-miler was a blast!

September 19, 2009 at 9:18 pm
  • Reply Cody

OK the shark/bear is NUTS!

September 20, 2009 at 7:29 pm
  • Reply Denise

That picture is scary.

You’re right, life is too short. We should all smile, wave and say hello more often.

September 21, 2009 at 5:29 am
  • Reply jenn w/2 n's

Love that attitude!! A good attitude and positivity will carry you when your legs feel like they won’t. Love that post!!

September 21, 2009 at 7:11 am
  • Reply Joy

I like your story about that guy smiling & waving – reminds me that I should do that more!

Congrats on your Avon 2 Day walk – your pics were priceless :)

September 21, 2009 at 7:58 am
  • Reply jenn

I think you need to make a shirt with beark on it for the race.

September 21, 2009 at 2:58 pm
  • Reply Tara

I can’t handle this picture right now! LOL that’s one fierce looking beark!!!!

Also I ♥ the homeless man. Everyone should smile and wave…even mean cyclist! ha ha

September 23, 2009 at 1:39 pm
  • Reply John at Hella Sound

this beark thing KILLS me! hilarious!

September 28, 2009 at 12:21 pm